***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

He was referring to take home money (after taxes).

But 1k a week isnt gonna get you far living in major us city

Basically my point was 1k a week is not a lot but a lot of people are not even making that much

Which again is why i said you should think about a business , even if you do it on the side while you work at your job. Once the business makes more then the job then your can quit the job and do the business full time or you can do both.

Dudes is defending jobs that they barley like or that they are barely making any good money from and it was the same thing Dame was trying to explain to Envy . The man who owns the breakfast club/station don't have to go to work and he is making more money than all of them.

This is the same case at jobs which is why they are not places you try to stay at long term but places you go to stack your money and take it and do for self.

Last edited:
I own a business so i know , its a grind am not going to lie but i love it because i love what i am doing . I also have more freedom to do things my way which i couldn't do at a job.

And you have your math wrong if you think 1k a week = $67k a year lol its $52k a year

$52k a year for a man with a family is not enough money which is why i said you should start thinking about starting a business/side business to bring in more income

Depends on what part of the country you live in.

People support families making $8 and $9 an hour.

The only person that knows Dames money situation is Dame . You can't believe every little article that pops up online , dude lives in a Malibu boat house and he is producing films with his own money so clearly he can't be that broke . You got to start thinking critically and stop believing everything they put online .

Tax judgements are public record

Dude had a Tahoe repoed, muchless the two cribs.

Dame's judgements and liens and all the money he owes are on the internet.

Last edited:

Basically my point was 1k a week is not a lot but a lot of people are not even making that much

Which again is why i said you should think about a business , even if you do it on the side while you work at your job. Once the business makes more then the job then your can quit the job and do the business full time or you can do both.

Dudes is defending jobs that they barley like or that they are barely making any good money from and it was the same thing Dame was trying to explain to Envy . The man who owns the breakfast club/station don't have to go to work and he is making more money than all of them.

This is the same case at jobs which is why they are not places you try to stay at long term but places you go to stack your money and take it and do for self.

I should have clarified

I agree with you 100%

I don't agree with the fact that dame is saying you don't need a job to get start up money because he sold drugs to get his. When they asked him how was he going to get the money he didn't answer.

I thought bruh would've caught it. :lol:

And not everyone lives in downtown nyc and LA...

70k in Houston will get you a 3 bedroom house and your wife can stay at home and tend to the kid(s)

I own a business so i know , its a grind am not going to lie but i love it because i love what i am doing . I also have more freedom to do things my way which i couldn't do at a job.

And you have your math wrong if you think 1k a week = $67k a year lol its $52k a year

$52k a year for a man with a family is not enough money which is why i said you should start thinking about starting a business/side business to bring in more income

When did 70k not be enough outside of NYC, SF, and LA?

1. If you have a family, chances are you're not trying to live in downtown. You want a house with space..

2. You own a business so you know that not everyone CAN own a business...

Curious... Not even trying to shine on you but...

What's your business, and the free cash flow...

After expenses, taxes, and interest payments...

What's the money from an annual perspective you make from your biz, and what exactly is your business line?

I ask for perspective

Yea but they are just getting by with that , their not living comfortable off $9 a hour .

You want to live your life in abundance not scarcity

Money is relative. Money doesn't make everyone happy and they don't place the same value in it.

You can survive fine in many parts of the country making $52,000 or less. In a place like New York or DC, not so much, but people still do it. The same house that cost seven figures in one part of the country cost less than $300 in other places. That's why so many New Yorkers moved down south, especially after they retired.

Last edited:
I should have clarified

I agree with you 100%

I don't agree with the fact that dame is saying you don't need a job to get start up money because he sold drugs to get his. When they asked him how was he going to get the money he didn't answer.

Honestly , it is possible to start a business without money/job you just have to do a service business. For example , i have a friend who is good at math so he started a math tutoring business in his town and makes about $2k a month . Its not a lot but he does not have to work at a job to get the money and he just keeps flipping his money.

You just have to be creative in business , you don't need 100k to make $1 mill. However , i don't think their is anything wrong with starting at a job because that is what i did.

But again it is possible to start a business without money especially because of the information you can get off the internet , you can even design websites for people in your town which don't require start up money.

Money is relative. Money doesn't make everyone happy and they don't place the same value in it.

You can survive fine in many parts of the country making $52,000 or less. In a place like New York or DC, not so much, but people still do it. The same house that cost seven figures in one part of the country cost less than $300 in other places. That's why so many New Yorkers moved down south, especially after they retired.
dudes think everyone lives in DC, Manhattan, or Downtown SF

:lol: :lol:

Get out of y'all bubble, famb

I should have clarified

I agree with you 100%

Honestly , it is possible to start a business without money/job you just have to do a service business. For example , i have a friend who is good at math so he started a math tutoring business in his town and makes about $2k a month . Its not a lot but he does not have to work at a job to get the money and he just keeps flipping his money.

You just have to be creative in business , you don't need 100k to make $1 mill. However , i don't think their is anything wrong with starting at a job because that is what i did.

But again it is possible to start a business without money especially because of the information you can get off the internet , you can even design websites for people in your town which don't require start up money.

How are you going to pay for a computer?

Im sure you have to live somewhere while your doing this how are you paying for rent every month?

Lets say you live in your car and you are working off a library computer. You have living expenses car insurance, gas, etc.

Its not realistic at all to never in your life work for someone and start a business that is successful.

Surviving is not living ... and that statement "money don't make you happy" is a lie .

Sure you don't need to make a mill to be happy but living to barely pay your bills is not a good life.

But i realize some people are comfortable surviving and watching others truthfully live .

@Fontaine - I own 3 businesses , 1 service business and 2 online businesses and i make about 6k a month total right now . I live a minimalist lifestyle and i don't have kids . However, i still can't see myself making less than 1k a week which is why i started doing business in the first place.

I agree you can survive off a little bit of money in some areas but again i don't believe in just surviving because that's hell i remember when i graduated college and how much pain i went through "surviving" off paychecks.

Surviving is not living ... and that statement "money don't make you happy" is a lie .

Sure you don't need to make a mill to be happy but living to barely pay your bills is not a good life.

But i realize some people are comfortable surviving and watching others truthfully live .

@Fontaine - I own 3 businesses , 1 service business and 2 online businesses and i make about 6k a month total right now . I live a minimalist lifestyle and i don't have kids . However, i still can't see myself making less than 1k a week which is why i started doing business in the first place.

I agree you can survive off a little bit of money in some areas but again i don't believe in just surviving because that's hell i remember when i graduated college and how much pain i went through "surviving" off paychecks.

$52 isn't just surviving in a lot parts of the country :lol:

And making more money than someone doesn't mean you live or live better. If you think your self worth is determined by money I feel sorry for you.

Some of you need to stop looking at rap videos, because they've corrupted your train of thinking.

A lot of millionaires don't even show or flaunt it, because they don't care about money. The ones who do are the ones who have low self esteem who feel they need too.

$52 isn't just surviving in a lot parts of the country :lol:

And making more money than someone doesn't mean you live or live better. If you think your self worth is determined by money I feel sorry for you.

Some of you need to stop looking at rap videos, because they've corrupted your train of thinking.

A lot of millionaires don't even show or flaunt it, because they don't care about money. The ones who do are the ones who have low self esteem who feel they need too.

Again i am minimalist , i don't flaunt money and i don't want too , But i do love to traveling and being about to pay for these outright so i don't have to worry about monthly bills . Money can be used as a tool just because you want a lot of money does not mean its because you want to live in a mansion or drive a Ferrari that's low level thinking.

Last edited:

At the very core of that statement...it's definitely not a lie.

The sheer of amount of "rich" people with severe depression should tell us this. Money gives you options...it does not bring you happiness.

As evident in this thread...our society is FAR too stuck on the material. Everybody's trying to keep up with the joneses for **** that you can't take w/ you when you leave this earth.

Like...dude really posted a pic of Envy in his drive way as an example of him "doing it". Material possessions should NOT give us the impression that someone is "happy" in their life. That line of thinking needs to end. That's why we got a whole world full of people playing "who's life is better" on Instagram. Nevermind a person's integrity, morals, standards....if they got 5 cars and you can google their net worth..."they're living life".

It's dudes in the "Instagram hooker" thread in General really on some "but they getting money tho" ****. I mean....REALLY?

Last edited:
VP hit the nail on the head....

Traveling abroad, you see people with WAY less than what we have, but are as happy as can be.

Folks are so fixated on materialistic things, that they often lose perspective.

SUCH a good quote, bro

"Money gives you options...it does not bring you happiness.

Again i am minimalist , i don't flaunt money and i don't want too , But i do love to traveling and being about to pay for these outright so i don't have to worry about monthly bills . Money can be used as a tool just because you want a lot of money does not mean its because you want to live in a mansion or drive a Ferrari that's low level thinking.

And some people are happier going to Disney world with their kids, driving a Honda and can pay their bills absolutely fine.

Stop pushing your values and value system on others.

Its all relative. You could argue about this all day. Passing off what you see as success and a fulfilling life as fact or the standard is just wrong.

We all have different standards and ideas on what being a man/success/whatever the hell y'all are arguing about is. Dame's problem is trying to hold his own standards to others and tell them they're living wrong based on that.

**** what the next person has to say. Live and be happy. That's what life is about.

Last edited:
SUCH a good quote, bro

"Money gives you options...it does not bring you happiness.

Tell that to a kid in a homeless shelter , Tell that to a father that barely makes enough to feed his family, Tell that to a starving person in a third world country , Tell that to an activist who needs funding to help their cause .

The problem with people is that think money is only about material things but it can also be used as a tool to better yourself , your family and your community . If money don't make you happy "why are you going to work ? why did you go to college ? Why didn't you take a job at McDonald's after high school ?

When you don't have enough money it's a painful life , most marriages end because of money problems . Money is not the end all be all to happiness but it's a start .

I am a lot happier now then when i was making less money

Last edited:
Tell that to a kid in a homeless shelter , Tell that to a father that barely makes enough to feed his family, Tell that to a starving person in a third world country , Tell that to an activist who needs funding to help their cause .

The problem with people is that think money is only about material things but it can also be used as a tool to better yourself , your family and your community . If money don't make you happy "why are you going to work ? why did you go to college ? Why didn't you take a job at McDonald's after high school ?

When you don't have enough money it's a painful life , most marriages end because of money problems . Money is not the end all be all to happiness but it's a start .

Have you seen that news headline about the millionaire who confessed to that murder? Would you want to work or be mentored by him? Yea, money is all it takes to be bamboozled.

The world has only been industrialized for about 150 years. Can't afford to take care of your kids? Don't have any! To many people run amock, having kids, leaving society to raise them. Money is simply a means of empowering people who feel the need to control the masses, and create hiearchy and inferiority.

I don't care how much "money" the next individual has. It's people who allow themselves to be measured in a dollar amount, who are weak. The world needs a bartering or trading system. The world is far to materialistic and vain. It's been that way since early civilization, and has maxed out society, and done no good.

Last edited:

You're going to extremes to prove a point. 

A kid in a homeless shelter could become a millionaire in a day...and he'd still go through the same trials and tribulations as every other human being on this planet. If he has deep seeded issues that he's developed from his experiences...a dollar amount IS NOT going to make that go away. It's all relative. 

Those kids in starving third world countries still laugh, play, and smile the same way children in Beverly Hills do.

This existence we call humanity is about a whole lot of other **** than money. It's really quite simple.

The people who make money their god...usually find out the hard way that it isn't. Money is man made. We were not put here for our lives to revolve around it.

Last edited:
I'm a first generation born here in the US, born to immigrant parents from a 3rd world country. 

I have cousins backin the 3rd world country who by Dame's definition, are their own boss. One of them is a fisherman. He wakes up every morning. Gets on a boat, and fishes for 5 hours. On a good day, he will gross $20 USD from his catching that same day. On a normal day, $10 to $15 USD. 

He answers to no one, but himself. He has 2 kids, and he is passing on his fishing skills to them, so that they can one day, earn $15 USD a day. 

Me on the other hand, by virtue of luck and timing, was born in the US. Went to college. Worked hard. And am now working for a corporation. I have several bosses I report to. I need to come to work and must answer to them when needed. I make a base salary of $130k a year, with 25% annual bonus. I want to have kids one day, and I want to be able to afford to support them financially, in whatever path or capacity they choose. I want them to have options. 

Is my cousin more of a man than me? Am I more of a man than my cousin? We are both men. Being a man is not defined by how much money you make or who you report to. Being a man is having passion towards your ideals and principles and working hard to achieve them. Period. I'm the happiest I've ever been my entire life. He's happy too. 

Last edited:
Their is nothing to argue about ...

Unless the current society changes , you better be about your money or its your life

If one person can learn from my post in this thread i will be happy , cause i wish someone explained all this to me back when i was i high school , it would have saved me a **** load of time and i would have went through less pain.

Back
Top Bottom