***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

So?
laugh.gif

He still wasn't on Puns level.
Your example is terrible cuz 21 right now is more poppin than Cam was before Roc. I'm not even knocking dude. Your man just wasn't really doing much till Rocafella. Fact. Yes he had lil songs in the radio but he was not making much noise.
You're saying this in the era where NOBODY but like 3-5 people are selling records 
laugh.gif

"popping" now don't even mean the same as it did back then. 

So? :lol:

Your example is terrible cuz 21 right now is more poppin than Cam was before Roc. I'm not even knocking dude. Your man just wasn't really doing much till Rocafella. Fact. Yes he had lil songs in the radio but he was not making much noise.

Cam went Gold before the Roc tho. 21 would go triple cardboard with streaming numbers if his album came out now. You REALLY hate Cam for some reason :smh:

Some of this stuff is mad incorrect

This got play

I hated it

and he had numerous other ones

I'm not trying to be biased so I'm staying out this conversation

let me know & 357 were also radio spun...but Cam was moving in da "bubbling phase" for 2 album cycles.

horse & carriage was da mainstream smash..then it was a while till oh boy.

let me know rocked by his album got delayed so da buzz wore off.

You must have a real bias against Cam to say 21 Savage is more poppin than Cam was in the late 90s

Revisionist history back at it again

Cam wasn't popping before the Roc but confessions went Gold during a time when cats were selling 4 and 5 million records. SDE had bangers too

Also we got dudes in here calling Jim Jones the best in Dipset when Max B wrote dam near his best stuff but yet those same guys hate on Drake for the same thing. Na bruh dont be selective. Ish is wack regardless of who it is

Let Me Know might be my favorite Cam track and then Losin Weight.

Last edited:
Y'all _'s stop. :lol: Who wasn't going gold back thethen?

So? :lol:

You're saying this in the era where NOBODY but like 3-5 people are selling records :lol:  

"popping" now don't even mean the same as it did back then. 

So why use 21 as the example? This is a different era. I kept it at rappers from Cam's era.

I just hate cam bc my roommate in college played down & out at least 3x a day for 2 semesters straight no bs. Almost ruined Ye beats for me too smh

I love Dipset.

Sad to see them feuding. **** the semantics. This group and their affiliates were one of the biggest movements in hip hop.

Influential. Dope. Problematic.

Legendary :pimp:

Cam was popping before he joined Roc, why the **** you think they signed him? Cam is in my top 5 or 6 of my personal favorites but Purple Haze is not a good album. It's just cool to say and people go along with it. Mad filler, production was gay, rhymes fell off. I can't listen to more than half of it.

1-5 has three skits.
Harlem Streets, Girls,Soap Opera is wack as **** and another three skits.
Hey Lady, Shake, More Reasons.

This is when he started those nursery rhymes too. Smh, this album should have been 10-11 songs.

Last edited:
but u turned around and said its his worst album.... :lol:

crime pays was gawd awful...

and killa season was meh.

purple haze was a good album that was also delayed forever.

Purple Haze and Come Wit Me are about even to me. Both had some filler but real good albums, mainly cuz of the great production.

I just hate cam bc my roommate in college played down & out at least 3x a day for 2 semesters straight no bs. Almost ruined Ye beats for me too smh

My old roommate way back did the same with Nelly "Grillz", that's way I never cared to hear Nelly nor Jermaine Dupri beats ever again

leftist causes trying to penetrate urban/hiphop world is increasingly distributing...

this dame literally only went up to da Breakfast club to talk about a pipeline? :smh:

leftist causes trying to penetrate urban/hiphop world is increasingly distributing...

this dame literally only went up to da Breakfast club to talk about a pipeline? :smh:

Hip hop was born out of these "leftist causes"

[emoji]128580[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom