Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

I have a 1997 Nissan Maxima GLE with one of those Bose systems where the amp wiring is differently. I punched my head unit to get the audio to work in allspeakers, until it finally stopped working.

Am I going to have hell getting a new radio installed with the weird wiring system? I want a new radio, that's it, I don't want any electrical issuesthough. Does it matter which radio I get or should I order a new factory.

I know NOTHING about car audio.

If I can get something that's decent and supports an iPod that would be great.

aight, done with 2 setups for fellow nters

USA Pride4Life is going with

Kenwood KDCX993
Alpine spx pro comps
Sundown 50.4(does 160 x 2 bridged)
12" ssa xcon in 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz
Sundown 1500d

dt24 is going with
Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD
Image dynamics CTX comps
Us Acoustics USB 2150(150 x 2) nice old school amp
15" ssa xcon in 4 cubes tuned to 30hz
Sundown 1500d

MMN my bad I actually meant an amp for 2 dual 2 ohm 10 inch type r's with the same $250 budget. thanks.

Yo MMN, I want to hook up my 2G iPhone to the 09 TSX but I've heard it's not compatible with the 2G. Any other suggestions? Trying to listen to some Pandora.

Eggy I'm gonna hit you up within the next day or two.

I need a setup, spring is approaching
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Yo MMN, I want to hook up my 2G iPhone to the 09 TSX but I've heard it's not compatible with the 2G. Any other suggestions? Trying to listen to some Pandora.
Isn't there a usb cable in the arm rest?

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Yes there is

monday we talked a while ago and you helped me a lot and kinda set me up with a set up but i didnt really know for sure some things. Now I know im gonna be getting a 08 or 09 malibu and my budget is 1500 just wanted to make sure that everything still looked good. When we talked it was

2 12" sundown sa's
sundown 1200d
precision power 356CS
kenwood excelon XR-4S
kenwood KDC-X693

Yes there is

Did u try it
Originally Posted by lebrady23

mondaywe talked a while ago and you helped me a lot and kinda set me up witha set up but i didnt really know for sure some things. Now I know imgonna be getting a 08 or 09 malibu and my budget is 1500 just wanted tomake sure that everything still looked good. When we talked it was

2 12" sundown sa's
sundown 1200d
precision power 356CS
kenwood excelon XR-4S
kenwood KDC-X693
The precision power comps and the sundown sa 12 have been discontinued.

shoot me a pm and i'll put something else together for u

i got a new deck for xmas (just have a stock one in now) and i took it to BBY (i know, i know) and dude told me that my car requires a special wiring harness (i have 08 grand prix) that costs $100 instead of the standard $20 or so. is he trying to get over on me?

Originally Posted by TheGr8BlkHope

i got a new deck for xmas (just have a stock one in now) and i took it to BBY (i know, i know) and dude told me that my car requires a special wiring harness (i have 08 grand prix) that costs $100 instead of the standard $20 or so. is he trying to get over on me?
he might be right

your factory system is bose right ?

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

^ info?

me?

he might be right

your factory system is bose right ?

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

^ info?

me?
negative. if it was bose id keep it. im getting it replaced because it doesnt read cds anymore. just a standard gm stock system; google image search "pontiac grand prix interior" and you can see what i have.

thanks i was doing some research and found out that this chime thing is expensive to maintain...and they want $50 to install it. is this something a complete novice can do on their own?

thanks i was doing some research and found out that this chime thing is expensive to maintain...and they want $50 to install it. is this something a complete novice can do on their own?

Yes you can do it on your own

the pain is just taking everything apart

embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

being real bored...smh

old deck, btw

mmn, recommend me a decent pair of tweets, looking to drop 2 to 3 on a pair

Back
Top Bottom