OFFICIAL CHEF/COOKS THREAD... VOL I wish these pics were scratch and sniff.

Been doing a lot of steaming lately.
http://s7.photobucket.com/user/freeekyzeeeky/media/2013-09-12121457_zps155830dd.jpg.html

Not pictured are the bluefish in there with the potatoes shrimp and brocolli. And the corn boiling right below

Chicken Alfredo lasagna I made the other week with shrimp, chicken, brocolli, and spinach

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/freeekyzeeeky/media/2013-09-08141646_zpsa7f6c8bc.jpg.html

Looks great man, got me motivated to try steaming stuff. How long does a spread like that usually take?

Last edited:
A few stuff I whipped up:

My own pepper and chicken with brown rice

Salmon with Asian sauce it made with veggies and brown rice

Brussels sport with garlic, onions and turkey bacon, red pepper and olive oil whole grain couscous with Tuna over Thai sauce

Grilled salmon Taco with homemade mango salsa

Healthy Version of Chicken sausage and shrimp jambalaya using whole grain rice

Last night I made two type of chicken wings:

Baked crispy blue corn chips breading
A sauce I made for the other baked chicken

Everything looks good up there Grine Grine

Here's a Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe I have been using for the last few years that is FIRE when you have that itch. Comes out even better than that BS fluffy breading on the frozen stuff at the corner joints. Plus, its super easy. I am usually guilty of subbing out certain things in recipes but the Apple Cider Vinegar is a MUST here if you're trying it.

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
Posted on March 29, 2012131 Comments

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe:
Ingredients:
Chicken:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup cornstarch
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

Sweet and Sour Sauce:
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place cornstarch and beaten eggs in separate bowls. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, ketchup, vinegars, soy sauce and garlic salt. Pour over chicken and bake for one hour.

Also, can't forget this gem:

TOAST SANDWICH

Toast a thin slice of bread
Butter two slices of bread and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
Place the toast between the two slices of bread-and-butter to form a sandwich

Lunch for tomorrow:

100% Whole Wheat thin pasta with fresh scallions, fresh tomatoes, minced garlic, fresh basil and lump white grab claw meat...topped with white wine, tomatoes and garlic mussels.

Back
Top Bottom