Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

I've seen him in a couple interviews, and he has gay characteristics. Not sure if gay though.
I wont see him in a different light if he was, i enjoy his music. Truthfully, after cudelsac ive been slowly listening to Donald Less and less.

laugh.gif
and what are "gay characteristics"

I've seen tons of interviews with him and I've never noticed anything. Regardless, it's irrelevant to his music right now.

IDK why I overused that Emoticon. I just found it kind of humorous how I can openly admit he uses the word "like" way too much, and a lot of his raps sound similar. But I still like all the songs he makes a lot.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Definitely quality music, I was bumping culdesac for a few weeks. Seems like he needs to go ahead and come out of the closet. I think his music would have more appeal honestly, also he may be the first openly gay rapper that's accepted. Him trying to be cool just isnt working for his image. If he cans the cover up about getting girls and just talks about his personal life/ struggles, he'd gain more popularity.
4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

I love this dude's drive. Honestly if I was a rapper I'd be him, he's on a show on prime-time television, and just says what he wants on his songs with no big guess features. What more do you need? 
pimp.gif

I'm lost on Donald being gay. Not picking up on any of the hints.

Troy and Abed are just a tv bromance.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'm lost on Donald being gay. Not picking up on any of the hints.

Troy and Abed are just a tv bromance.

Yea can somebody post an interview where his gay characteristics show

"I'm headed West like I'm blowing Kanye."

Pretty suspect line... lol

He does act kind of gay.... I could see him being gay. But either way it doesn't change the fact that I still enjoy his music.

That's not gayer than any of Big's or DMX's lines and I actually like to see somebody seriously try to suggest they're homosexuals. I don't think you can take rap lines as evidence or any support to this speculation. If he was already spitting $%!$ erotic lyrics he would've been came out the closet.

If this rumor continues I'd see it being because CG isn't like the aforementioned rappers known for being tough or "real/manly men" and see him more aligned with the tight pants/fruity color wearing rappers flourishing in the game currently. I've seen his interviews and never get that vibe.

Once again, im not saying hes gay. He just dresses and acts like my cousin who is gay, so if it were to ever be true i wouldnt be surprised..... "I been on their **** hard, for like a while"font> If drake said that line we'd have a 20 pages tread of drake being gay.
I've been watching Donald since he was on his early grind on youtube, then the mystery team, right when Community started, was mad early on his music career. Just pointing out there is no hate here, and that if he were gay i'd still respect his art.

That's because Drake is far more popular and recognizable than Glover... look at the size of their threads on Niketalk for example, so of course a certain line won't get as much attention.
roll.gif
not to mention he's a comedian, so he might be making a joke, shocking I know.
laugh.gif
@ he acts like my cousin who is gay, so it's possible, using one person as an example of an entire sexual identity sounds backwards or illogical.

If it doesn't effect how you view his music, then why even bring it up and discuss it? Hip-hop's homophobia is a huge issue, so any kind of talk without proof will do more harm than good. Let's focus on his music.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

My proof is, he didnt smash annie on community. < He's just going to let Jeff take both chicks?

Britta is his this season, wait and see.

He dresses like a hipster, he admits he is a hipster and all his friends are too.

I don't think he's gay but it doesn't matter, does it?

he is a great rapper and has content behind his songs.

Can't wait till November 3rd, took the day off from work, to hit up the NYC concert

We can all say it doesn't matter but almost half his raps bout girls. Listening to his music after somehow or someway he out of nowhere comes out of the closet listening would be alittle difficult

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

He dresses like a hipster, he admits he is a hipster and all his friends are too.

I don't think he's gay but it doesn't matter, does it?

he is a great rapper and has content behind his songs.

Can't wait till November 3rd, took the day off from work, to hit up the NYC concert
I took the day off myself. I wonder who will be opening the show for him. It was great seeing him open up with comedy earlier in the year.

NYC bros: did y'all have your tickets mailed to you for the November show yet?

I ordered my tix the day they went on sale and I don't have them in my possession yet. %*%?
NVM- Ticketmaster fixed it. 

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

He's hosting a secret performance of Camp live on Halloween in NYC?

That would be sick to be at.

Yea I read that on his blog. Word is the info is going to be posted the day of (Monday) but we shall see. I'll be there if I can get the details

"Secret" Show info for those in NYC where he'll be performing his entire album

Venue: Brooklyn Bowl. Tonight (Monday, 10/31). Tickets can only be purchased at the door starting at 6pm and they’ll be $20 cash only. Limit of 2 tickets per person. Show actually starts at 9pm.
Brooklyn Bowl
61 Wythe Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718)963-3369

Back
Top Bottom