Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

Man, this album has been on repeat for me. Really liking it, one of my favs of the year.

Telegraph Ave might be my favorite joint this year.

Why is The Party so short? :smh: @ the track cutting off as soon as he really starts going off. Reminds me of Earl on Rusty.

Why is The Party so short?
mean.gif
@ the track cutting off as soon as he really starts going off. Reminds me of Earl on Rusty.
It works perfectly as is.  And if you read the script, then a whole scene is fleshed out right when he kicks everybody out. 

It works perfectly as is.  And if you read the script, then a whole scene is fleshed out right when he kicks everybody out. 

Oh for real? That makes sense haha. I haven't had a chance to listen to the album alongside the screenplay.

You should definitely try it. I didn't realize that the site has the tracks ready to play right on the site, so it's even easier to follow along.

You should definitely try it. I didn't realize that the site has the tracks ready to play right on the site, so it's even easier to follow along.

Yeah I'be been meaning to just ended up putting it off and stuff. I'll be listening to it all tonight though, especially since it feels like I'm missing out on a huge chunk of the story.

On a side note, I was watching the vid for 3005 and I gotta say, I love his attention to detail. If you watch closely, the people riding the Ferris wheel behind him and the bear grow older too.

Last edited:
Ive never heard any of his tracks. Ive seen his name floating Round on the internet for a few yrs tho. The name just throws me offtho. Someone put me on a throwed track

Ive never heard any of his tracks. Ive seen his name floating Round on the internet for a few yrs tho. The name just throws me offtho. Someone put me on a throwed track
I totally fell you, stupid names are an easy way to lose people. It made me not want to take A$AP Rocky serious and I will never take Earl Sweatshirt seriously because that tis the stupidest moniker of all time. But Gambino can spit.

IDK If I could pick out any songs cause I like the majority of his stuff. I would just check out Royalty.

http://www.datpiff.com/Childish-Gambino-Royalty-mixtape.369224.html

I've never heard anything from Childish Gambino..beside "you know me"..

Is "because the Internet" the first album I should listen to?

I
I've never heard anything from Childish Gambino..beside "you know me"..

Is "because the Internet" the first album I should listen to?
I always tell people to start with Royalty because it's the most traditional rap project of his releases. Because the Internet have a decent amount of singing on it and personal subject matter.

because the internet :pimp:

the vibe of the album is so gloomy, it's perfect for this winter storm on the east.

I'm new to his music and decided to check him out on Rhapsody. I'm shocked how good "Because the internet" is. He earned a new fan.

:wow:

Just read the script with the music...HOLY @#$%!!!!!

I listen to this album at least 3 times a day just when I'm in one of those moods. But now...WOW!

I finally put the full version of "Life: The Biggest Troll" on my phone and laptop. Dude was constantly trolling me with that song after hearing it play all the way through on the CD in my car. I got tired of being ready to rap along to the song, then it just shutting off.

Cosign on all the "This album is perfect for this weather" comments. Listened to it on my way to work today and its dark and overcast out, it was perfect.

I totally fell you, stupid names are an easy way to lose people. It made me not want to take A$AP Rocky serious and I will never take Earl Sweatshirt seriously because that tis the stupidest moniker of all time. But Gambino can spit.

IDK If I could pick out any songs cause I like the majority of his stuff. I would just check out Royalty.

http://www.datpiff.com/Childish-Gambino-Royalty-mixtape.369224.html
Gave Royalty a listen to yesterday and will say this Gambino was raw compare to BTI. The whole time I was like damn Gambino where you come from with this.

Ok... I think this might be my favorite album of the year. I still can't stop playing it, Pretty much the entire way through.
Dude really delivered with this :smokin

Gambino is a mastermind.

Back
Top Bottom