**OFFICIAL CROSSFIT THREAD** **NO BULLIES ALLOWED**

IN! just signed up about 3 weeks ago. was doing stronglifts 5x5 for about 5 months. and before that was doing the bodybuilding splits for like a year. .anyway

WOD yesterday was

10rounds

7burpees

7pullups for time

got 7:36. Not bad.

rest day today. Back in there tomorrow night.

IN! just signed up about 3 weeks ago. was doing stronglifts 5x5 for about 5 months. and before that was doing the bodybuilding splits for like a year. .anyway
WOD yesterday was
10rounds
7burpees
7pullups for time
got 7:36. Not bad.
rest day today. Back in there tomorrow night.

:pimp:

How's ya DU's bros?...I can honestly say this **** took me longer to learn than anything else at Crossfit...lol

How's ya DU's bros?...I can honestly say this **** took me longer to learn than anything else at Crossfit...lol

DUs are my achilles heel. Every time they are incorporated into a WOD, they slow me down. I bought a speed rope a few months ago and i am MUCH better at them now than before. It made a world of difference. I'm getting them down though little by little. I hit them as part of my warm up sometimes and the most I've stringed together was 45.

DU's, I can knock out 25-30 unbroken. Just caved and bought the Spealler jump rope off the Rogue website. Need a personal rope if I'm going to get better. Gym bag getting heavy.

Post your daily WOD's, love to see different programming.

when i used to crossfit, i followed the outlaw way for strength:

http://theoutlawway.com/

i would just do this on the side, with help from a coach, and then if i wasn't gassed i'd participate in a METCON.

and to get double under's i just incorporated them into my warm up/cool downs. slowly but surely i was able to string them together really well.

Seen it tons of times, freak accident.

When you lose a Snatch if you throw the weight forward you are taught to fall back. If the weight is behind you, you let it go and fall forward. Ogar let the weight fall behind him and he fell backwards.

Really unfortunate.

four to six times a week.

Last edited:
I know CF and paleo go hand in hand, so ima throw this in here for my NYers looking to slowly get into paleo and CF...my homegirl makes these AMAZING MUFFINS, each has 20 grams of protein I believe...follow her on IG @fatkidfitig she might ship to another state, not really sure.

When you lose a Snatch if you throw the weight forward you are taught to fall back. If the weight is behind you, you let it go and fall forward. Ogar let the weight fall behind him and he fell backwards.

Really unfortunate.

Yeah man that was gruesome...feel terrible for him, from what I heard he's being transfered to a specialized facility, actually brushed his own teeth today...say what you want about CF but in two days crossfitters from all over rallied up and raised 80k....I'm not sure how much more since....

He has a long road ahead, best wishes

Really unfortunate.

Yeah man that was gruesome...feel terrible for him, from what I heard he's being transfered to a specialized facility, actually brushed his own teeth today...say what you want about CF but in two days crossfitters from all over rallied up and raised 80k....I'm not sure how much more since....

He has a long road ahead, best wishes

so far, they have raised over $200K for him :wow: with a goal of $250K

pretty amazing.

Keeping an eye on this thread. I think if you are consistent with it, CF is good. Like everything else, its not for everybody and thats fine. The youtube videos that bastardize it are the worst of the worst and you can find that with "normal" weight training, running and anything else fitness related. To each his own. Speaking of youtube, watching alot of the skill videos helped me get double unders and kipping.

Ironman don't wanna see me at the box

:lol:

Looking to open a box in Commerce, keep you posted. I'll give you a month free. #taptappull

Today's WOD:
12 EMOM
5 Chin Ups (strict)
5 Tuck Knee Jumps
5 Thrusters @95lb

Strength
Push Press
2x5 @135
2x5 @155
1x5 @185
1x1 @205
1x1 @225

Skill
Hand Stand Push Ups
5x5

Easy Breezy

Nice.
I transferred at work, so I was looking for a closer box, but these prices are fn ridiculous. Gonna just make the drive out to the same box 2-3 times a week [emoji]128533[/emoji]

sup!
I used to go hard last year but fell off after moving.
used to just bang out in a garage gym with my boys but now I'm in Queens and they're all back in Jersey.
I hit the gym in my building sparingly.
My excuse has been because their equipment sucks but really I'm just lacking motivation.
Ive been eyeing CrossFitLIC but don't know if I'm willing to pay that price.
Anyone in Queens have suggestions?
anyway, I'll be checking in on this thread.

Last edited:
sup!
I used to go hard last year but fell off after moving.
used to just bang out in a garage gym with my boys but now I'm in Queens and they're all back in Jersey.
I hit the gym in my building sparingly.
My excuse has been because their equipment sucks but really I'm just lacking motivation.
Ive been eyeing CrossFitLIC but don't know if I'm willing to pay that price.
Anyone in Queens have suggestions?
anyway, I'll be checking in on this thread.
Check your local groupon. There might be some boxes near your area that could be of interest. That's how i found mine (I'm in Cali)

Today's WOD:

SMR - double lacrosse ball on rhomboids and traps
2 min couch stretch
-then-

Work to a heavy triple in weighted pull-up
*perform a moderate 200m run between each set (6 runs max)
-then-

Fight Gone Bad style, one minute max reps (or calories) each station with 1 minute rest after 5 stations, for 3 rounds:
-Airdyne (cal)
-Weighted sit-ups (44/26)*
-Wall-Balls (20/14)
-Broad jumps (5'/4')
-Row (cal)
(*on the weighted sit-ups, hold the KB upside-down against the chest in a goblet position. One rep is going from the shoulders touching the floor, to the KB touching the thighs at the top.)

My box also does a competitors program. Which is designed for people that have been there a while and want to get a little more into it. I don't follow it all the time, but some days, if i have the time, i'll do it. There's usually a deload week every 2-4 weeks. This is today's competitors WOD:

Work to a heavy single in the complex:
Power Clean + hang power clean + hang squat clean
(If you feel good, you may continue to work up to a heavy single in Power Clean. However no more than 2 attempts at any failed weight.)
-then-

Every 1:15 for 8 intervals:
One cycle of the above complex at 75-80% of your best single
One rope climb
-then-

4 rounds for time:
30 calorie airdyne
15 toes to bar
Rest 90 seconds
(Don't gameplan...Hit the airdyne HARD. We're
working T2B during heavy fatigue).

Back