OFFICIAL CROSSFIT THREAD

I knew there was fee, but $3,000, sheesh.

Surprised people haven't come up with a new word that meant Crossfit to avoid paying that $3,000 :lol:

Why wouldn't somebody open one up there at a reasonable price and clean up for like $150 a month? Is rent that bad up there?

A) It's not that easy

B) $3k isn't much, it's actually a bargain.

C) there are tons of unaffiliated gyms.

I'll touch on this tomorrow, :lol:

Last edited:
I understand results vary as you just stated, but are there additional advantages? For instance is it more like a club or team, or is it a measuring contest in there?

I am a former athlete (collegiate) and would like an atmosphere like that, also are there fine normal women or just buff ones?

Measuring contest? Like Benchmarks and PR's? If so, then yes.

Trust me, a lot of former athlete loves crossfit and excel well in it. Most of those people that are in The Open are former military, special ops or former athletes.

I tell people to just try it out for one month. We tend to spend $175-$200 on sneakers, why not your health. It's a community that is very supportive and makes it fun. I truly look forward to training as much as possible. The people are very positive and helpful.

One of my favorite things and motivation (rowing)

View media item 1548571

Last edited:
Tried a 5-10-20 for 15 and then 5-10 for 5 scheme for Murph last night (we do it at midnight) to give my legs a little break before the second run and shaved almost 3 minutes off my time from last year. Finished in 49:41 without a vest. Still tons of room for improvement, but I'm pleased with the progress. Did the whole thing in Metcons and my feet feel great today.

Last edited:
Cost was something that kept me away from CrossFit initially because it is so much more expensive than a 24hr fitness. But now I wish I would have started years ago. At 24hr you obviously get a low price, but not much else. No one tells you what workouts to do or how to do the movements properly. You see some goofy stuff there. So for me the cost is really about the coaching and the programming. My box owner spends a lot of time designing the program so that we're continually making small gains. Then we do testing twice a year to measure.
Also, one of my favorite parts about CrossFit is the community. You make friends with these people and it's the best camaraderie I've experienced after playing team sports my whole life. Everyone encourages you and goes through the struggle with you.

Also, one of my favorite parts about CrossFit is the community. You make friends with these people and it's the best camaraderie I've experienced after playing team sports my whole life. Everyone encourages you and goes through the struggle with you.
Quote for truth. Spot on.

So you're starting with 100 consecutive pull-ups?

That's a whole different animal in that case.

I think that part of the fun of Murph is that it's meant to be broken up, but I guess every box is different.
Murph is meant to be done with the pull ups, push ups & squats broken up however you want.

From the main site:

"Murph"

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.

This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it "Body Armor". From here on it will be referred to as "Murph" in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it
40:35 yesterday, 5/10/15    (Flyknit Trainers) 

-Fresh 

I knew there was fee, but $3,000, sheesh.

Surprised people haven't come up with a new word that meant Crossfit to avoid paying that $3,000
laugh.gif
I saw one gym named KrosFit lmao

And the women, this is what they look like in my box. Even this 60 year old woman beasting. Don't get it twisted there's some big heavier ones but they're working to get to this point:
Do they have an IG? 

Also my IG is @rodrigofresh     Add me! 

-Fresh 

I usually do Murph for Thanksgiving. Going to try to wear a 20lb vest this year. 

I surprised at how many NIKE athletes aren't going to be at the Games! Bridges, Fisher and Leverich. I'm hoping Fraser takes it all! #teammetcon

Anyone going to the Central Regional this weekend? Drive is going to suck but we are making a weekend trip of it. 

Strength:  EMOM for 10′
1 Power Clean, 1 Front Squat, 1 Squat Clean

Conditioning:

AMRAP in 9′
15 Wall Balls
5 Power Cleans (135/95#)
3 Front Squats
6′ Rest

AMRAP in 9′ of
50 DU
15/12 Calorie Row

EMOM – 95/125/145/165/175

WOD 1 – 4 & 18 RX
WOD 2- 4 & 19 RX

I surprised at how many NIKE athletes aren't going to be at the Games! Bridges, Fisher and Leverich. I'm hoping Fraser takes it all! #teammetcon
Its just the high profile people we thought were locks not going. There are still quite a few going.

Dan Tyminski

EZ Muhammad

Fraser (Won Regional)

Invictus Team

Khan Porter (won regional)

Roy Gamboa (won regional)

Maddy Meyers

and i'm sure some others.

Yesterday's WOD

AMRAP 20 min

5 strict push presses

5 strict pull ups

15 ab-mat sit ups

150m row

9 + 15 sit ups

Its just the high profile people we thought were locks not going. There are still quite a few going.

Dan Tyminski

EZ Muhammad

Fraser (Won Regional)

Invictus Team

Khan Porter (won regional)

Roy Gamboa (won regional)

Maddy Meyers

and i'm sure some others.
NICE!!!! Where is the list of Nike sponsored athletes?

NICE!!!! Where is the list of Nike sponsored athletes?
Unofficially my own list I guess.

http://metcontalk.com/2014/07/18/kenny-leverich-reveals-nike-crossfit-shoe/  UNOFFICIAL

http://metcontalk.com/2014/12/04/20...el-tyminski-signs-sponsorship-deal-with-nike/

I just listed who i saw in metcons all weekend of regionals. i would say anyone in the red and blue (i think they look like spiderman) is sponsored. That was fraser, muhammad, porter that i saw. The others may still be but chose another CW or have a lower level of sponsorship. And then invictus is obvious. Maddy Myers if she is not already, probably will be with the attention she is getting for being so young and going to the games.

Duke Burk, Jacob Heppner, Cole Sager and Cody Anderson are in this weekend's regionals and have been posting on instagram wearing metcons.

Bridges, Leverich, Anderson, and Fisher are all official but not making the cut.

Back
Top Bottom