OFFICIAL DENVER BRONCOS 2022 THREAD - Russell Wilson, MOTHAFLUCKAS!

I grew up in upstate NY outside of Albany back when NBC had the AFC rights. 1pm game was always either Jets or Bills, and the 4pm was almost always the Broncos. Loved Elway, the Three Amigos, Atwater and, most of all, #77 Karl Mecklenburg. I viscerally felt a hate of Plunkett & the Raiders, without even knowing why.

Watched the Orange beat Bernie and the Browns twice, but suffered through the humiliating SB blowouts, including against the Giants. Had to deal with that one from all my G-men fan friends all throughout my school years.

Went to college in '96 and at the big Super Bowl watch party that season at the BU student union I was first in line to get in and got a whole couch in the front row, rocking my Shannon jersey. There was one other Broncos superfan there with me and I honestly don't know if we ever even got each other's names. But gatdam did we hug each other for too long when that game was over, as at least 150 people came up to us and congratulated us.

At the time that was the happiest night of my life.

I love this team. Have loved them since I would watch them by myself as a 7-year old in my bedroom on a dial-tuner black & white TV with rabbit ears in 1985. And I've been blessed enough to see them win three amazing championships.

I'll always think of Kubes as #8, Elway's reliable backup. I loved them with Griese, moreso with Plummer (whose official authentic jersey I still wear often) and even with C***ler, even though I despise him both as a human being and as a QB. Loved them with Orton, Tebow and with Peyton.

And I'm still proud to call myself a Broncos fan as I watch the best defense in football and a young QB trying to take over the reigns attempt to repeat as SB champs for the second time in franchise history.

#Orange4Life

Last edited:
Damn, and I just realized my old-a** Shannon jersey isn't in there either. I need a new group shot, lol

Excellent read. John Fox doesn't get much love in that piece which isn't fair. Broncos were trash after Josh destroyed the team. Fox provided stability and consistency we needed.

That was a good read. I agree John Fox helped get things going....but nothing last forever, obviously. I never really knew why Fox was out, but asking that question is a sign. I understand being proud of an accomplishment, but at the end of the day winning the trophy is what it's about.....the goal isn't to come to the game before the trophy

We need to score here
mean.gif

I totally missed this game driving back from our of town. I checked my Instagram for scores and my phone almost died. Then, I see the last few minutes on TV.....2-0!

That's not good. Maybe Ray can move over to the other side since he's been progressing.

I love this game minus the Ware injury. I know DT and Sanders are frustrated but this offense was better than the offense last game. I'm sticking to my prediction that it's gonna take 5 games for this unit to come together. I wanted 3-2 but F it. If we can get 5-0 expect a 3TD0INT performance in Week 6. I trust us.

Also: Doesn't it just feel right being on top of the AFC West like we have the last 5 years? :smile:

^^^ That's not great news. I read an article about how a certain wide recover is unhappy about the performance of the offense.

#Broncos OT Donald Stephenson suffered a calf injury that should keep him out 2-3 weeks, source said. Not a tear, as some feared. Good news.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 19, 2016
Schofield at RT 
alien.gif

PFF grades vs. IND:
team-header_den.png

Quarterback grade:  Trevor Siemian, 49.5

Trevor Siemian impressive against Colts’ blitz

The Broncos’ offensive game plan against the Colts was similar to the one they used against the Panthers on opening night: run outside zone and have QB Trevor Siemian get the ball into the hands of WRs Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas on underneath passes. Siemian attempted just two passes that traveled more than 20 yards in the air (both incomplete) and did a nice job avoiding mistakes, outside of an intercepted screen pass to Darius Butler in the second quarter that almost certainly would have been returned for a touchdown, had Butler not injured his hamstring during the return. The Colts blitzed Siemian on nearly half of his dropbacks (17 of 36), and Siemian was able to make them pay, finishing 11-for-16 for 175 yards and a 104.9 QB rating.

Screen-Shot-2016-09-19-at-2.57.22-AM.png

Top offensive grades

C Matt Paradis, 85.8

LG Max Garcia, 81.2

TE Virgil Green, 80.2

LT Russell Okung, 79.6

FB Andy Janovich, 77.4

Impressive outing from Broncos’ offensive line

Denver’s offensive line was outstanding throughout the game, allowing running backs C.J. Anderson and Devontae Booker to produce consistent gains on the ground, and giving QB Trevor Siemian a clean pocket to work from. Through two games, C Matt Paradis PFF’s our highest-graded center in the NFL (excluding PHI-CHI). Paradis has yet to allow a pressure this season, and owns the best run-blocking grade of any NFL center by a wide margin. LT Russell Okung was also excellent, earning an 84.5 run-blocking grade. RT Darrion Weems struggled after replacing the injured starter Donald Stephenson at right tackle, finishing with a team-worst 41.6 overall grade and earning negative marks in both run blocking and pass protection.

Top defensive grades

OLB Von Miller, 88.2

S T.J Ward, 83.5

DE Derek Wolfe, 79.8

CB Bradley Roby, 78.7

DE Jared Crick, 78.3

Von Miller posts career-high four sacks

The offseason holdout doesn’t seem to have affected the reigning Super Bowl MVP’s performance, as OLB Von Miller made mincemeat of the Colts’ offensive line, logging four sacks, an additional three QB hurries, and a batted pass. Miller didn’t make much of an impact in the run game, but he provided the play of the afternoon with his strip sack of Andrew Luck that sealed the game for the Broncos. With a pass-rushing productivity mark of 17.0, Miller is converting a ridiculous 55.6 percent of his pressures into sacks this season, as he now has five sacks and four hurries through two games.
^^^ That's not great news. I read an article about how a certain wide recover is unhappy about the performance of the offense.
He and C.J. made good points about not relying on the defense to bail them out every week. They're 100% right.

Losing ware is huge but hopefully the defense can respond. The offense needs to step up.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000705450/article/demaryius-thomas-were-gonna-need-more-offense

"We're gonna need more offense, that's for sure," receiver Demaryius Thomas said. "It's hard -- you're always putting it on the defense, and at some point, that's tough to count on. There's no reason to keep it close. Last year, a lot of things went our way, but that can catch up to you."

Then, gesturing to fellow wideout Emmanuel Sanders, Thomas continued: "You've got two guys ... damn, the best duo in the league, and we haven't had 100 yards in a game yet. He's got, what, eight catches? I've got nine. I mean ..."

Come on DT.. While I agree we're gonna need more production out of the offense going forward, two games into a Siemian-led O, I think we're making strides and trending in the right direction. The running game is better, simply based on the line being better. They need to get better on third down & in the red zone but they'll get there. They had two tough games to begin the season.

Back to DT.. Addressing that the offense needs to be better is one thing. Which, honestly, goes without saying. But to be quoted talking about the number of receptions him and E. Sanders have when we are 2-0 coming off a Super Bowl WIN is super short-sighted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom