Official Denver Broncos Off-Season thread. Vol. Tebow starting, Orton out.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Why we didn't draft Marvin Austin or Phea...I'll never know smh

Austin would have been a perfect fit

I think we had some concerns about Austins character...the only reason I say that is that Adam Schefter said that three or four teams took him them off their board bc of character issues - given how close Adam Schefter is with the Broncos I could see them being one of those teams that he talked to about that.  Evidently he also was not amazing in his junior year but had a lot of potential that should have been refined in his senior year that he missed

The Broncos are not one DT away from being a contender - its going to take a few good drafts and FA signings to get this defense back to respectability so I think we should go with the mentality of getting as many play makers as possible THEN drafting for need.  Taking a DT in the third round because we need a DT when there are better players on the board will not help us - taking the best available players will and I think they did a good job with that.  A LB Core of Miller, Irving and Williams will certainly help against the run as they seem to be fast, play makers - we will still need help up front but

Originally Posted by Caerus

Why we didn't draft Marvin Austin or Phea...I'll never know smh

Austin would have been a perfect fit

I think we had some concerns about Austins character...the only reason I say that is that Adam Schefter said that three or four teams took him them off their board bc of character issues - given how close Adam Schefter is with the Broncos I could see them being one of those teams that he talked to about that.  Evidently he also was not amazing in his junior year but had a lot of potential that should have been refined in his senior year that he missed

The Broncos are not one DT away from being a contender - its going to take a few good drafts and FA signings to get this defense back to respectability so I think we should go with the mentality of getting as many play makers as possible THEN drafting for need.  Taking a DT in the third round because we need a DT when there are better players on the board will not help us - taking the best available players will and I think they did a good job with that.  A LB Core of Miller, Irving and Williams will certainly help against the run as they seem to be fast, play makers - we will still need help up front but

Von is the same size as Derrick Thomas, I'm not comparing him no way. Just stating that he is the right size.

Von is the same size as Derrick Thomas, I'm not comparing him no way. Just stating that he is the right size.

Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton will be filling out change-of-address cards at the post office soon, The Denver Post reported Tuesday, citing two league sources
The Post
also reported
that the Broncos plan to release 11-year veteran running back Correll Buckhalter, 32, who is scheduled to make almost $2 million this season

miami,minisota,washington, holla at us

OH yeah  Tim Tebow first in the building
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton will be filling out change-of-address cards at the post office soon, The Denver Post reported Tuesday, citing two league sources
The Post
also reported
that the Broncos plan to release 11-year veteran running back Correll Buckhalter, 32, who is scheduled to make almost $2 million this season

pimp.gif
Hopefully we can get back somewhat good value for Orton

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

The Post
also reported

pimp.gif
Hopefully we can get back somewhat good value for Orton

We want a 1st or 2nd round pick for Orton And I don't think teams will give that up for him,But we'll see how the kolb thing go's cuz I herd ArizonaIs interested ... San Fran needs a qb they might holla

We want a 1st or 2nd round pick for Orton And I don't think teams will give that up for him,But we'll see how the kolb thing go's cuz I herd ArizonaIs interested ... San Fran needs a qb they might holla

I get why they are trading Orton, and I get why they are demanding a first or second. Truth is that if Thomas and or Tebow dont pan out the Broncos have nothing of value for Cutler.
Thats in addition to needing to get PT for Tebow.
Im not going to say it was a flatout L for the Broncos but when you consider that it looks like the modern Viking Cowboys Herschel Walker trade, and you essentually end up with Imo Troy Williamson 2.0 Vince Young vol Jesus freak in Tebow ( and im not clowning him either) its prob not a win just on the trade merits alone.
Then you add Josh to the picture and how he ran Marshall, Schfleter,and Cutler out drafted NOShow after he ran a 4.6 and was just a bad fit, and you have the Denver Broncos today.
In reality Kyle gets you a 3rd or 4th now ( he got the bears a 5th)

I get why they are trading Orton, and I get why they are demanding a first or second. Truth is that if Thomas and or Tebow dont pan out the Broncos have nothing of value for Cutler.
Thats in addition to needing to get PT for Tebow.
Im not going to say it was a flatout L for the Broncos but when you consider that it looks like the modern Viking Cowboys Herschel Walker trade, and you essentually end up with Imo Troy Williamson 2.0 Vince Young vol Jesus freak in Tebow ( and im not clowning him either) its prob not a win just on the trade merits alone.
Then you add Josh to the picture and how he ran Marshall, Schfleter,and Cutler out drafted NOShow after he ran a 4.6 and was just a bad fit, and you have the Denver Broncos today.
In reality Kyle gets you a 3rd or 4th now ( he got the bears a 5th)

Might as well let Timothy play because the team isn't very talented. Just glad Josh McDumbiels is gone. SMH, look at all the talent that clown and Bowlen gave up.

Might as well let Timothy play because the team isn't very talented. Just glad Josh McDumbiels is gone. SMH, look at all the talent that clown and Bowlen gave up.

UPDATE: Sources tell Rumor Central that Kyle Orton will likely be traded to the Miami Dolphins by the end of the day.

---

UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post names Phillp Merling and Randy Starks as potential bargaining chips in a trade.

---

UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post suggests that if Kyle Orton is traded to the Miami Dolphins, the Denver Broncos may get a player or two in return instead of a draft pick. Volin points out that Denver needs defensive linemen, and the Dolphins are stacked at that position.

One monkeywrench in that plan: The Dolphins run a 3-4, and the Broncos are looking to transition to a 4-3.

Would rather want players in return anyways, Merling could fit in & help right away!

Back
Top Bottom