Official Depression thread

^do u hit the gym up? It's a very good stress reliever and helps with confidence as well as health of course.

I'm also in debt... and I see no ******* way out....
I have a dead end job..
I want to go back to school but I've already taken out loans....
i just don't see the light....
fml
i relate to this (hence me being up at 3 am from anxiety-induced insomnia) and can offer up the advice by saying start thinking about what you are really interested in doing and learning, dont let your skills get dull (depending on your interests)...a year isn't that long, but start planning your way out, if you can...maybe grab a second job to keep your mind off the first and for some extra cash?

Last edited:
yo man, im 22 and been feeling depressed since i got hit in the side of my head during football practice back in middle school unconscious for a bout an hour  now i was about 5"8 at 140 playing as WR and didnt see the safety coming n was KO cold. lol . kept this **** to my self. do have suicide thoughts sometimes but i do have a part of me saying your just hungry eat a snickers! lol

i use to be a happy dude before the hit, like i get long with everyone . as years go by. i just feel ike i hate everybody. but theres times i feel good as hell.
i don't even get along with my relatives anymore. 

part of growing up just CTE guys lol?

Look up chemical imbalance and testosterone/hormone theraphy. Blows to the head causes the depression.

Check out the podcast by Joe rogan #574. Super useful info on proper treatment instead of anti depressants.

Bros ive been depressed for a while but I'm slowly coming out of it day by day. I pushed away loved ones and wanted to be alone but after therapy I realized that I'm only hurting myself. I'm currently in the process of trying to get my loved ones back that I pushed away, and so far my love, my babymother is the hard part cause i hurt her to the point where I brought her down with me, which I regret highly doing.

For those who feel like they haven't done nothing with their life, don't let that get to you, especially those who are young...theres still a lot of life ahead of you.
Many cats out here have it easy using their parents money so theyre out there flossin in their brand new whip and gear but again, don't let that get to you, that's not your life. I'm 25 and I'm still learning what I'm capable of, you learn more and more about yourself everyday and on top of that go do different stuff outside of your comfort zone, experiment with life and figure stuff out. Depression is only gonna hold you back and itll be too late.

Always focus on the positives, ignore the negatives. be with your lived ones, talking to people about your problems and asking for advice is nothing to be ashamed of. Start by doing these and I guarantee youll be happier and more relieved.

I've been feeling emotions lately that I feel would classify as depression. Can't seem to shake it no matter how hard I try either. Maybe part of it comes from not being able to push myself through my workouts as I have before because of pains & injuries, I feel like I wanted to work out less to focus on doing more stuff outside the gym though...meanwhile I also want to get my trainer certification so I can hop right in the gym all the time for my daily living.

That takes me to what I feel needs to change most...my job, I'm tired of it, don't like it & feel like I'm wasting away. I know I've felt like that for a while but the money's ok so I take it while I "save money to make some of my other dreams happen" but with this mindset I keep thinking I should buy more stuff to help satisfy whatever temporary happiness I feel like I'm getting from things so I'm not saving nearly as much as I'd like to think. I think I compound it all because I've been single for a long *** time now & while I'm ok being single at times...I know I want someone to be with & when I go for someone I don't seem to have what it takes to reel them in all the way. Not sure if I subconsciously feel like people start to see me & get turned off? Females tell me I'm a great person & they don't see how I'm single all the damn time...problem is all those people are with other guys & females I start talking to either say I'm "too interested or available with them" or "I didn't try hard enough to show I was interested" which pisses me off because...maybe it's me but those are two polar opposite descriptions...

I feel like somewhere in me I have the ingredients for the best juice ever but nothing to pour the ingredients into because I have a hole in the bottom of my pitcher. I know I need to get myself doing a new job, really I have a plan I want to get running but I feel like I've beaten myself down so much I'm at a point where I don't even believe I have what it takes to make any changes in any of this stuff anymore so I remain stagnant. I try to say all the right things still, I know how to give others advice to get by their situations, nothing for myself though. I almost feel like I live my dreams of accomplishing my goals through the people I give advice to because I feel like I'll mess up everything myself. Can't fully explain it but I feel like I've found a comfort zone in a spot that I want to satisfy me but I know good & well that's not what I need to do, but I've lost myself to the point where I don't know how to change that.

Even now I'm looking at a pair of shoes I want to get rid of & most likely will because I know they don't mean **** in the grand scheme of things, I do like them but they aren't helping any of my goals. Same with these other material things I've bought lately, none of it matters truly & I realize it. I still find myself attracted to it all though because I guess I don't feel like I have enough in myself that I believe in to keep my mind attracted to. I want to just push through it, man up & make memories I'll hold forever while I set a new foundation for people around me to follow but I think I put too much pressure on myself & expect things to flow without knowing where to put my effort first.

I'll keep my head up & keep plugging away at...something...but I had to share at least some of my current mind. I don't like carrying burdens mentally(which is crazy because I hold so much weight mentally from just the tip of this alone) so I had to vent this out. Going to keep at making today the start of something positive though.

I'm officially depressed. Never been depressed before, usually a happy guy.
I stay in bed all day I can't work right now or really do anything productive. I'm sick , have a chronic illness that is killing the quality of my life. I need surgery done to help me but i dont have the best insurance so i have to wait but my health is getting worse.
I stopped hanging out with friends and doing everything I once loved to do. Zero motivation.

I think this post has been a long time coming.

I've been battling depression for a while now, but things have been on a slide more recently. A quick background: I grew up in an immigrant family, had nothing, and worked incredibly hard for everything I have now. So let's take a look at the major factors:

Family = good -- everything's going along okay, a couple of divorces lately, but overall good

Relationships = decent -- have a main girl who I like, but don't really have any major feelings for

Friends = okay -- everyone's on their grind and really busy -- less time to get together

Career/life goals = okay -- could be a lot better, not where I want to be at 24yo, honestly not completely sure if this is the right field

Money = okay -- no debt, no major issues, still pretty frugal

Social life = okay -- could be better; I meet a lot of people, but it all seems very transitory/somewhat fake

Alcohol = I'm nearly a high-functioning alcoholic

I feel as if I'm watching myself live my own life, sorta like an out-of-body experience. More recently, I've been thinking a lot about suicide, different ways to do it without creating a mess, potential plans of how I would carry it out, and I've been teaching my family how to do certain things as a preemptive measure just in case. It is incredibly frustrating and unsettling. At the core of it, I feel empty and am really aimless in my life.

I was having dinner with a close homie recently and he made a comment that although I speak very enthusiastically and seem engaged in convo, he notices that I have sad eyes/demeanor and talk as if I'm just responding for the sake of convo with no investment/interest/as if I'm not "all there." I hadn't noticed it before, but I've found this to be true when I look at it further. Until I truly figure it out, I'll do what I've always done: plugging and chipping away.

To be honest, I go to sleep every night and hope that I don't wake up the next day.

Last edited:
slighted slighted besides the alcohol.......your life don't sound to bad

that was really sad to read though..........i myself felt like i didnt want to leave before, my lowest point in life.

i hope you get to a better place within soon

i just read this book recently, really clear to understand......been reading a lot lately. it has helped for me

View media item 2033179

To be honest, I go to sleep every night and hope that I don't wake up the next day.

I know you've probably heard it a million times, but you need to cut out the alcohol. My uncle had an issue with depression and alcohol and it got the best of him, don't do that to yourself. Do you have a dog or ever think about getting one?

back in here...

|I

I'm an idiot. I make stupid decisions. I'm incompetent as ****....why do I even try?
I'm also in debt... and I see no ******* way out....
I have a dead end job..
I want to go back to school but I've already taken out loans....
i just don't see the light....
fml
aain't no girl's trying to **** with me with loser ***
on the verge of losing my job too

Wanna know the WORST thing you can do to yourself??!!

Beat yourself up..............Ive been in that spot before at age 24........took me like 2 years to get out of that hole..........i wasn't buying sneakers again until age 26.........

Forget women right now........j**k off and focus on yourself....no woman is gonna be after you if your life an attitude is in shambles

Last edited:
Just woke up and reading some of you guys post. I'm fighting through and to be honest (getting better) after a breakup.

Exercise, take your vitamins, take supplements to help with your mood also.

Learn to love yourself and understand how much of a privilege it is to be alive

Also suicide and carrying it out is the most selfish thing one can do. Thing about your family and friends (especially the little ones) their world will be crushed. So please I don't want hear my bros on here talking about that. It's as selfish as it gets

Be strong and have a great day everyone.

Also suicide and carrying it out is the most selfish thing one can do. Thing about your family and friends (especially the little ones) their world will be crushed. So please I don't want hear my bros on here talking about that. It's as selfish as it gets

Maybe it's just me but I think the last thing a suicidal person wants to hear is more negativity about their decisions.

Maybe it's just me but I think the last thing a suicidal person wants to hear is more negativity about their decisions.
maybe I came off a bit harsh, my fault

when i was going through my phase and was somewhat contemplating it. I thought about my nieces and my little cousins and have much it would impact everyone I know in such a horrific negative way. 

All im saying everyone is take care of yourselves and love yourselves. :smile:

Actually IMO what he said isn't negative to me at all.

When I started therapy, I mentioned that I was really close to killing myself and the lady told me straight up and made me cry, "imagine how your love ones will feel when you take your life? Do they deserve that feeling? Imagine your daughter asking for her dad"

Gave me the chills and I broke down in tears.

Sometimes people in depression just needs to hear the straight up facts, taking your life isn't the answer....just the easy way out. But I agree it is a sensitive part of it

Actually IMO what he said isn't negative to me at all.

When I started therapy, I mentioned that I was really close to killing myself and the lady told me straight up and made me cry, "imagine how your love ones will feel when you take your life? Do they deserve that feeling? Imagine your daughter asking for her dad"

Gave me the chills and I broke down in tears.

Sometimes people in depression just needs to hear the straight up facts, taking your life isn't the answer....just the easy way out. But I agree it is a sensitive part of it

Yeah I guess I mean I never really thought about taking my life but I have had my darkest moments. Those moments where I just wished people would care and pay attention to me for a second. So as a depressed person this is how I read that statement

Depressed person: I want to kill myself
Person who cares: What about me? What would I do without you?
Depressed person: :stoneface: I just said I want to kill myself and you are asking about you? Goodbye.

Yeah .. I know it wasn't meant to be harsh or whatever but a person who already feels like crap doesn't really need to hear anything else more crappy :lol:

I'll get this natural high for a week or two ...but the come down..
it's always worse than before. ALWAYS.
Something similar happens to me. It's like a less frequent, milder version of bi-polar. There's usually a trigger though. Could be the change in seasons. It could be something that has changed in your life (loss, a move, career change, breakup, etc.). I'm a chronic worrier and I'm hard on myself (perfectionist), which works against me.

Bumping this.

Check in, guys.. talk about what's happening in your head. There are other people out there suffering, it's not just you.

Unassertive, too sensitive about nonsense, social anxiety and awkwardness that comes with it,  hate people, can barely keep a conversation unless it's something I care about. Have no purpose in life to give myself.

Yall just need to talk to somebody. That helps release the internal pressures of yall situations. There aint no hotline for stuff like this?

Saw this on worldstar. Maybe it can help some of yall.

Back
Top Bottom