Official Depression thread

I'm seriously starting to believe it's an American issue. Maybe even worse up here in the Northeast. Do other countries have an issue with mental health to the extent that we do? I doubt it.

Seems like there is too much emphasis on material success as opposed to spending the majority of life bonding with oneself, others, and nature. I have some friends that are outdoorsy (hiking, climbing, camping, snowboarding, etc) and they all seem the most legitimately content. I think the pressure of American's idea of success leads to a lot of these anxiety and depression issues.
capitalism def does link with depression. Lack of information definitely decreses your build for motivation and confidence.

I'll address this point-by-point:

1.  How were the side effects for you starting off and how did it take for the meds to start working for you?:  the main side effect I had was a generalized restlessness.  I gave my family a head's up to keep an eye on me for the first few weeks, but I came out alright.  Felt like my skeleton wanted to jump out of my mouth for a day or two, but it quickly subsided.  Between 7-10 days I was on my way to going back to my regular self.  

2.  How did you feel while on them? I've read that it kinda makes you like a zombie but for others it works. : No sensations of being a "zombie,"  just felt more like myself when I was on it.  Confidence was back, sense of humor was back, and my anxiety/depression was at a minimum.  Felt it was easier to build and maintain social relationships.  There were no issues of control, either. Just felt like a a wall between me and my happiness had been broken down.

3. Also how long did the sexual side effects last after you tapered off of the meds?  For me? Right away.  It's hard for me to depict the course everyone is gonna take, though.  I was getting involved with a lot of girls around the same time I was getting off Zoloft, but I was also getting out of a long-term relationship and was admittedly bored.  If the girl is worth it, you'll be able to perform...believe me.  

Hit me up if you have any more questions. 

Thanks my brotha for the detailed breakdown I appreciate that. I just might have to try this out to see how my body reacts to it. If it doesn't work I can always just stop I guess. Thanks again for the insight on how it helped you.

I honestly can't think of a side effect, maybe slight dizziness. I would say I was "dulled" from wanting sex, but it's hard to say if that is a side effect since it wasn't too much different than I normally am.

I was on it for about a year. Slowly but surely the dose was increased and it takes about a week or two to get in and out of your system. The out was the only side effect that actually was messing me up. Which made me dizzy and gave me an "out of it" feeling.

I appreciate your insight my dude. The niketalk fam is always supportive and I really do appreciate you guy's for taking out the time to reply to me. Thanks again.

I'm dealing with social anxiety here. Never really experienced this before, i feel like it started when I quit my job and has lasted almost a year. I had a 12 hr job almost everyday, busy all day everyday with good friends around me at all times but now I have no job, been living with my parents and too much time on my hands(which I hate). Now I just feel out of touch with society. Sometimes when I go out with some people, I just feel very awkward around a social environment and not the same. I come from a fam that takes meds for depression and anxiety so I feel like genetics have a big part in this as well. Has anyone been perscribed meds for this problem? Not a fan of pills

Last edited:
I'm dealing with social anxiety here. Never really experienced this before, i feel like it started when I quit my job and has lasted almost a year. I had a 12 hr job almost everyday, busy all day everyday with good friends around me at all times but now I have no job, been living with my parents and too much time on my hands(which I hate). Now I just feel out of touch with society. Sometimes when I go out with some people, I just feel very awkward around a social environment and not the same. I come from a fam that takes meds for depression and anxiety so I feel like genetics have a big part in this as well. Has anyone been perscribed meds for this problem? Not a fan of pills

I hear ya man, I sometimes get anxiety too. I don't trust too many people anymore, since most my friends turn their back on me. I'm on citalopram for my depression.

I went for a psychological examination last week and got my report the other day.

I've been diagnosed with ADHD, a paranoid disorder and moderate depression. I've been experiencing issues in my professional life and socially and I finally went to get checked out because I've had enough.

It is the opinion of my psychologist that the ADHD and paranoia are the root causes of my depression because I am unable to accomplish certain objectives and I always feel like I'm nowhere where I wanted to be at this stage of my life. There may be other things at play as well.

I finally have on paper what I felt has been off about myself my entire life. When she read off the paranoia symptomalogy I could only do the weebay gif.

The ADHD diagnosis I also believe to be astute because I have always struggled academically when I shouldn't have. It has begun to affect my professional life to the point where I am nowhere in my career where I should be based on my skillset, experience, and the connections I've built with people in my industry, which are abundant but I have been unable to capitalize on them.

I even got written up 3 times in a row within the space of 3 months at my current job and demoted to part time, although luckily a friend of mine happens to be quite influential in my company and got me back on board. But when faced with a profession that requires apt attention to detail, focus, and moderate motivation I have so far failed on most counts.

The psychologist thinks I should take my report and diagnosis to a psychiatrist and inquire about medication.

Ma dukes obviously doesn't want me on meds, but I'm open minded about that and would like to hear other's experiences with medication and the formation of better habits.

My psychologist thinks medication alongside counseling couldreally help me turn my life around. I'm going to get a second opinion even if I don't disagree with the diagnosis.

Good luck to everyone in this thread :smokin

Last edited:
How do you guys cope with post Tavel depression?

Best wishes to everyone in this thread

Last edited:
How do you guys cope with post Tavel depression?

Best wishes to everyone in this thread
yo i was just on a road trip from seattle -montana-idaho-utah-arizona and probably the happiest place I've been in for years Venice beach...

feel like i wanna just get the hell out of WA state and move to venice beach.... lol

yo i was just on a road trip from seattle -montana-idaho-utah-arizona and probably the happiest place I've been in for years Venice beach...

feel like i wanna just get the hell out of WA state and move to venice beach.... lol
it's that sun famb. Used to live in the NW.. Depressing staying In the house cuz it's raining

When drinking no longer make you happy to cope with depression, niether does weed etc, what else there to do?, I tried the gym and go when I'm happy but when I'm really down I have no urge to wanna work out.

The key is to power through those times you don't want to go. Do you have any friends or acquaintances that also go to the gym? Pair up, you two(or how ever many) can keep each other motivated to go on a consistent basis.

The key is to power through those times you don't want to go. Do you have any friends or acquaintances that also go to the gym? Pair up, you two(or how ever many) can keep each other motivated to go on a consistent basis.
Pretty much this.  Getting up and going is hard, but once you get that hamster wheel spinning it gets easier and easier.  

You have to push yourself, though.  You tell yourself you're gonna do 45 minutes of cardio?  Do an hour, and constantly remind yourself of why you're there while you're doing it.  

I commented before, but man. I have been going through this depression over 6-7 months now, its gotten to a point where I just want to give up. Im staying by my parents, my quality of work has dipped, my woman distancing herself from me, my friends pulling away. Its like my life took an extreme nosedive since my birthday back in January. Im 31, but when it seems like my life should have been on the up and going, life handed me these bad cards and things are just getting worst and worst. If you people can keep me in your thoughts and pray for that would be awesome. Everyone else in here please be strong and keep going. Respect and One Love 

I commented before, but man. I have been going through this depression over 6-7 months now, its gotten to a point where I just want to give up. Im staying by my parents, my quality of work has dipped, my woman distancing herself from me, my friends pulling away. Its like my life took an extreme nosedive since my birthday back in January. Im 31, but when it seems like my life should have been on the up and going, life handed me these bad cards and things are just getting worst and worst. If you people can keep me in your thoughts and pray for that would be awesome. Everyone else in here please be strong and keep going. Respect and One Love 
Prayers up g

Keep faith strong god has a plan for you

Yall just need to talk to somebody. That helps release the internal pressures of yall situations. There aint no hotline for stuff like this?

Saw this on worldstar. Maybe it can help some of yall.

Saw the thumbnail to the video and immediately disagreed. The last thing you want to say to someone who is depressed or down is "You are not depressed". What they are feeling is legitimate and important to address.

Last edited:
Anyone take or ever taken cipralex?

Been taking it now for a couple of weeks. Doc said i wouldnt notice any effects until about a month. One thing im noticing is that when i take it (before bed), i wake up with more energy. Im still not getting 8hrs but i dont have a problem getting out of bed and getting my day started. I missed a couple days and in the morning i would wake up at the same time as when i took it but i just couldnt find the energy to get out of bed.

Anyone have any experience with this? Even any other meds that had u feeling the same way?

Anyone take or ever taken cipralex?

Been taking it now for a couple of weeks. Doc said i wouldnt notice any effects until about a month. One thing im noticing is that when i take it (before bed), i wake up with more energy. Im still not getting 8hrs but i dont have a problem getting out of bed and getting my day started. I missed a couple days and in the morning i would wake up at the same time as when i took it but i just couldnt find the energy to get out of bed.

Anyone have any experience with this? Even any other meds that had u feeling the same way?

Cipralex is also known as Lexapro or Escitlopram. Like most anti depressants it does take a Couple of weeks to build up in your body, what dosage are you taking? Ask your DR. if Mirtazipine(remron) is right for you, if you want better sleep (it's virtually harmless so your Dr. Should have no problem prescribing it to you). It's a hypnotic antidepressant, also used as a sleep aid, anxiety medication, and an appetite stimulant)I take lexapro which I don't notice much from, clonazepam for anxiety (much better than xanax unless you just want to get trashed) and mirtazipine for sleep. I've tried most sleeping meds, and mirtazipine is the only thing that's ever worked. It does give you some EXTREMELY bizarre dreams, but I love to dream when I sleep so for me it's a win win. PM me if you have any questions I've been on theese meds for years.

Cipralex is also known as Lexapro or Escitlopram. Like most anti depressants it does take a Couple of weeks to build up in your body, what dosage are you taking? Ask your DR. if Mirtazipine(remron) is right for you, if you want better sleep (it's virtually harmless so your Dr. Should have no problem prescribing it to you). It's a hypnotic antidepressant, also used as a sleep aid, anxiety medication, and an appetite stimulant)I take lexapro which I don't notice much from, clonazepam for anxiety (much better than xanax unless you just want to get trashed) and mirtazipine for sleep. I've tried most sleeping meds, and mirtazipine is the only thing that's ever worked. It does give you some EXTREMELY bizarre dreams, but I love to dream when I sleep so for me it's a win win. PM me if you have any questions I've been on theese meds for years.

Thanks for the reply. Im only on 10mg of cipralex. I tried mirtazipine almost a year ago, i found it really didnt work for me. I also gained a lot of weight while taking it.

Thanks for the reply. Im only on 10mg of cipralex. I tried mirtazipine almost a year ago, i found it really didnt work for me. I also gained a lot of weight while taking it.

10mg is pretty standard I've heard of people taking up to 40mg. Haha yeah mirtazipine will do that, but again if you stick with it for a while your apetite wil subside, the trick with antidepressants is sticking with them for a while... they dont just automaically start working. The good thing is you can always tell your doctor drug X isn't helping, and they will just try something else. There's hundreds of antidepressants, the only way to figure out what works is trial and error. Having bipolar depression, I've tried just about every antidepressant known, and in my case nothing has helped much, but some more than others.There are also inhancers to take with your normal meds like abilify... I think that's the name. Clonazepam will help you sleep, and deter any anxieties. It is a benzo (narcotic) so it just depends on your Dr.

I'm prescribed 30mg of mirtazipine to treat insomnia, along with 15mg of zopiclone. Works well for me for that purpose, after a few years of struggle I can now sleep in well and wake up fresh in the morning.
The mirtazipine had some nasty side effects at first. The feeling of hunger was unreal for the first few weeks. :x
I've also gained quite a bit of weight immediately after I started taking it, especially since I can't do much physical activity. Doctor said it's one of the most common side effects.

When I was in treatment for depression, I found Sertraline (Zoloft) to be most effective, and with zero side effects.

Last edited:
^word that side effect was terrible for me. Especially since i was injured and i was on house arrest so i couldnt workout or even go out for a walk to offset the eating. I blew up :lol:

^word that side effect was terrible for me. Especially since i was injured and i was on house arrest so i couldnt workout or even go out for a walk to offset the eating. I blew up
laugh.gif
I wasn't even eating significantly more than usual either despite the incredible hunger at night. If I had a little less willpower I would've probably devoured anything on sight

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom