Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

I don't get it. You can't even make out a bar this kid is saying and it's getting crazy burn on pop radio. G.O.O.D. Music >>>>

I feel like it's the industries way of saying you're not above the game

we can make another you

and make the other you seem important

I feel like it's the industries way of saying you're not above the game

we can make another you

and make the other you seem important

Agreed! It's like, if you want to make cookie-cutter sounding music, we can insert a knockoff artist who will leap above you. Point proven

Agreed! It's like, if you want to make cookie-cutter sounding music, we can insert a knockoff artist who will leap above you. Point proven

:lol: except Desiigner won't leap above future. And if billboard is your measurement just remember laffy taffy was once #1

:lol: except Desiigner won't leap above future. And if billboard is your measurement just remember laffy taffy was once #1

I don't care for either dude, or charting results. Nas and Mos Def are my favorite artists. They never top charts. They're sounds are hard to duplicate though :rofl:

And my guys K.Dot and J.Cole already got their face cards on lock so, I'm good. :pimp:

Let's be clear Desiigner can't duplicate Future Overall quality wise... but the singles that catch on Radio for future can be replicated to an extent as we see.

I don't care for either dude, or charting results. Nas and Mos Def are my favorite artists. They never top charts. They're sounds are hard to duplicate though
roll.gif
Idk, Your Old Droog sure had a lot of _'s fooled 
nklZtx0.png

Last edited:
Man, that kid is even younger than I thought. Dudes getting on a 18 year old for biting :lol:

Wack rap, ok, 18 year old biting, bad :lol:

He didn't. ds1 sounds nothing like a t-pain song, t pain was just upset that his fame was fading

Last edited:
The reason why artists like Mos & Nas arent duplicated more isnt just cuz it isnt as easy but also cuz its not as profitable or they never even got far enough to noticed as biters

But biting J Cole & Kendrick is profitable apparently just ask Logic :lol:

The reason why artists like Mos & Nas arent duplicated more isnt just cuz it isnt as easy but also cuz its not as profitable or they never even got far enough to noticed as biters

Don't forget Drake :lol: Logic sounds dead on like all 3 on both his albums, and G-Eazy has a handful of songs where he's sounding like Drake as well. Not saying Logic's albums aren't good (both are), but I just don't know what he sounds like when he's not sounding like either of those 3.

?? I get where your trying to come from but both Nas & Mos have been able to profit a lot from the kind of music they make. Actually in today's music it would seem even more benificial to do that kind of music if your good at it. simply because that builds a strong fanbase & touring/ Merch will do A lot for you.

which brings me to Joey Badass another dude from NYC who has no songs in the club, none on radio and can out tour and sell more than A lot of these trap rap dudes swear are "HOT". Just thinking about it we gotta find a new way to quantify hot in rap music.

?? I get where your trying to come from but both Nas & Mos have been able to profit a lot from the kind of music they make. Actually in today's music it would seem even more benificial to do that kind of music if your good at it. simply because that builds a strong fanbase & touring/ Merch will do A lot for you.

which brings me to Joey Badass another dude from NYC who has no songs in the club, none on radio and can out tour and sell more than A lot of these trap rap dudes swear are "HOT". Just thinking about it we gotta find a new way to quantify hot in rap music.

Both made profits in a totally different era also im not saying theyre trash either. Imma fan of both but right now trap rap is hottest & Future was is the hottest of the bunch. So if you were an unoriginal dude who just wanted to copy whats hot now, who you gon copy? Future? Or Mos Def & Nas lol. Cause alot of these young dudes aint doing it for the benefit & advancement of the genre but just for personal gain. The ones that making music for the right reasons actually care bout originality & what they put out.

And i mess with Joey too. His last song is tough & it seems like hes gon switch up his beat selection a bit for his new album. Should be interesting

:rofl: at this man being anyone's favorite rapper, I spent my whole 20's waiting on that hot summer

"Get a shot of the pool in the back"

Back
Top Bottom