Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I agree Cell > Frieza. Frieza has too many forms for me, that **** is OD(OD seems to be the theme in DB. Cell was just right.

Frieza died and came back with MORE forms.
mean.gif
He had 1 more than cell 
laugh.gif
 then he got resurrected and got gold but before that it was only 1. Frieza/Namek was the best saga too. IDGAF

I liked Frieza on Namek best as well. You got to see Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo come up a bit. Also at the time the death of Krillin had a huge impact because he was the OG from Dragon Ball. Then the Ginyu Force build up, right into the Vegeta fall and final speech. Then the final battle. I never got into any other Saga the same way. But that's just me.

Kid buu vs goku was one of the best animated fights I seen. Also Cell wasn't so smart he was warned constantly by Goku that Gohan was going to beat him and he took him as a joke and torured the Z fighters to make Gohan unleash his power to which he regretted and lost....

The whole concept of the Trunks, Android, and Cell Sagas were pretty good story wise. The time travel aspect was plain weird, why wouldn't trunks future change if he fixed the past?  The when I think about it, it could use Back To The Future Part 2 rules with the alternate 1985. The Babidi, Fusion, and Buu Sagas felt rushed and didn't have that natural DBZ feel. You go from Babidi to Gohan getting supposedly killed to Vegeta committing suicide to Buu killing Dabura and Babidi to him being good to Evil Buu to Super Buu to Gotenks to Gohan being alive to Super Buu killing the human population and the supporting Z Fighters (minus Tien and Chaotzu) and family to Ultimate Gohan to Super Buu Gotenks and Piccolo absorbed to Super Buu Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo absorbed to Vegito to Buu's Insides to Kid Buu to Kid Buu destroying the earth to Planet of the Kais to the wishing back the earth to the destruction of Kid Buu. 

Trunks was planning to kill Cell when he was at his 2nd form and preventing him to absorb android 18 and reach his perfect form but dumb*** Vegeta interfered and Cell eventually escaped
mad.gif

mean.gif
at the end Vegeta got washed and humiliated at the Cell games caused by his own stupid mistake
laugh.gif

The crazy thing is that Goku would have done the same thing and has done so in the past. He let Frieza do it.

Yea, the Buu saga was kinda all over the place, it just had more moments I liked, IMO.

When Piccolo, Goten, Trunks and Buu got trapped in the hyperbolic time chamber; Buu flips out over not being able to have anymore sweets(because, thats the worst part of it all) and essentially throws a temper-tantrum that rips time and space. :rofl: All because Gotex was playin too much. :lol: When Piccolo sealed them in the chamber, I died. Gotex said he was done so sarcastically, and Piccolo just panicked.

Kid Buu trying to pull a chick. :lol:

"PRODUUCE!" G ****!

Vegeta FINALLY realizing hes not the one. I still dont understand why the kids nowadays like Vegeta. How second place your favorite?

The Buu saga was my least favorite. Too much going on. I also started checking out from Dbz at the time it was airing, so that may have something to do with it.

I love all three but cell was on top. That saga really had me on the edge of my seat everytime.

Agreed the Buu saga was all over the place but it was still good regardless. The worst was gohan getting his *** whooped basically the whole saga. So much time wasted trying to become ultimate.

Hoping to land one of these but wont get my hopes up
no lie i just bootleg all my dragon ball shirts with them online $14 dollar shirt sites lol

i got the hype beast goten/trunks joints

forget paying 80...

Last edited:
In terms of villains I don't really have a favorite between Frieza and Cell, and Majin Buu certainly isn't a bad villain either. And that's something about DBZ, in which I thought damn near all of the major villains were on point, from Vegeta up through Kid Buu. Heck, I thought most of the side villains like Zarbon and the Androids were handled well too. For the time they were appearing in, each did a good job as a threat. In terms of personality, Frieza had the arrogance thing down. He was so damn convinced of his superiority and he backed it up. From the second he appeared on the screen there wasn't a question as to whether or not he was the biggest, baddest dude around. Then he just proceeded to grow even more powerful and at his absolute best (Right before the fight Goku notes that he feels better and more powerful than he ever has before) Goku still couldn't take him down, only managing to really dent him with the Spirit Bomb. Frieza's fall from that point on was pretty epic to see and I really don't know that there has even been a fight that epic, in terms of location. Two gladiators going at it as the planet explodes around them? :wow: Man that's one of the best things i've ever seen on television.

Cell kind of had to share time with the Androids at first, but is in my opinion the overall creepiest villain we've ever had. His entire insect-like nature and the way he drained people down to their clothes was always chilling to me as a kid. He was arrogant like Frieza (Due to having his DNA, along with Vegeta's and even 17's after the absorbtion), but there was more to him than that. Frieza wasn't dumb, but Cell was a great manipulator. He really used the fact that he had people's DNA in him and therefore knew them in a way to his advantage, specifically when it came to dealing with Vegeta so he could attain perfection. I also thought that Cell's origin was probably the best out of the villains in Z, because it called back to the original series and really only happened because of the events of the original series between Goku and the Red Ribbon Army. It was a good connection.

Toriyama gave Buu a unique origin, going the route of magic and all, but I actually thought where he really excelled was how different he was between his forms. Majin Buu was super powerful, but also extremely playful and easily distracted. Super Buu was far more sadistic and somewhat more intelligent, while retaining some of the traits of the original and also having a strong desire to fight powerful opponents. And with his absorbtions of Gotenks and Piccolo, followed by Gohan he only became more intelligent and powerful. Kid Buu was just crazy as hell and only cared about destroying things, which is why the final fight with him stands as my favorite out of all the fights Buu was involved in. SS3 Goku vs Kid Buu is definitely one for the ages. But at the same time, the absorbing thing had been done previously. It wasn't exactly the same, but the same basic idea. Buu growing more sophisticated over time was also similar to Cell, though his reversion to savagery was then notably different. I also feel that there were a lot more silly moments with Buu than there were with previous villains, which is an issue I had with his acr in general.

The Buu saga was my least favorite. Too much going on. I also started checking out from Dbz at the time it was airing, so that may have something to do with it.

Buu Saga had everyone looking like an idiot in my opinion.

Gohan stops training for seven years. :smh:

Vegeta knocks Goku out to go fight Majin Buu on his own. :smh:

Goku could've destroyed Majin Buu in SS3 but didn't. :smh: :smh:

Gotenks ***** around and doesn't destroy Super Buu, because he was focused on looking cool. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Goten and Trunks blow Gohan off to fuse into Gotenks, because it's what Super Buu wants, allowing themselves to be absorbed right after. :smh:

Vegito doesn't just kill Super Buu and revive everyone with the Dragon Balls later :smh: :smh:

Goku opts to save Hercule, Dende, and a ******* dog over Gohan, Trunks, Goten, and Piccolo. :smh: :smh: :smh:

The entire arc is just spurred on and on by the bad decision making skills of the Saiyan race. Really felt that the arc dragged on way too long.

And the really funny thing is that the anime-filler right before it? The Otherworld Tournament? That was one of the best fillers i've ever seen and I thought would really lead into something special, yet the Buu Arc is my least favorite in Z.

Last edited:
Trunks was planning to kill Cell when he was at his 2nd form and preventing him to absorb android 18 and reach his perfect form but dumb*** Vegeta interfered and Cell eventually escaped >:   :smh: at the end Vegeta got washed and humiliated at the Cell games caused by his own stupid mistake :lol:

The crazy thing is that Goku would have done the same thing and has done so in the past. He let Frieza do it.

Saiyans are fools.

Saiyan pride. The gift and the curse.

Its that same Saiyan pride gene that was in Cell that made him arrogant to Gohan.

Cell's pride and arrogance in his own power led him to allowing Gohan to reach SSJ2, just like how Vegeta's pride and arrogance allowed Cell to reach his perfect form.

And both got washed

Last edited:
Saiyan pride is awesome. I love seeing dudes rip defeat from the jaws of victory.

Its that same Saiyan pride gene that was in Cell that made him arrogant to Gohan.

Cell's pride and arrogance in his own power led him to allowing Gohan to reach SSJ2, just like how Vegeta's pride and arrogance allowed Cell to reach his perfect form.

And both got washed

And then Gohan's arrogance lead to Goku dying, again.

Goku comitting suicide led to goku dying again. There was zero reason for him to stay after he teleported cell away.

He could've gone back but then he wouldve had to be a family man and we all know how good he is at that. 

Goku comitting suicide led to goku dying again. There was zero reason for him to stay after he teleported cell away.
He could've gone back but then he wouldve had to be a family man and we all know how good he is at that. 

This is why Goku will forever be a terrible dad. I think he probably feels like Chi Chi trapped him and he'd rather be dead hanging out with King Kai training all day than farming to provide for his seed. Scumbag moves

Back
Top Bottom