Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Gohan is being a better father than Gohan.
Props to him on that.

He's extra lame for keeping that saiyaman outfit tho

Mai is also a reference to Terminator. Akira said in sereval interviews that he does references to what he enjoys all the time. Same as creating Jackie Chun as a reference to Jackie Chan. Also, Akira was great friends with the creator of YUGIOH. He encouraged to create the show based of a card game. And to show Akira some respect he did a card based on his favorite dragon ball z character Trunks. The card is called Tyler The Great Warrior.
The Yu-Gi-Oh creator didn't create the Tyler, the Great Warrior card. A kid with cancer named Tyler wanted to make a card and the Make A Wish Foundation in conjunction with 4kids made it happen, though the card is based on a Super Saiyan.

Just read about that story and feels were had.
frown.gif

I always thought that the disconnect between Earth and the afterlife in Trunks' future was weird.

In DBZ, these ____s spent mad time on the other side, chilling and training. Using King Kai like a long distance call when they wanted to hit the fam up and ****. By the Buu arc, someone dying barely even had any impact because it lacked any sense of finality.

Even if dragon balls were gone, it felt like Goku and everyone that died to the androids straight up never spoke to Trunks, Bulma, and Gohan again.

I always thought that the disconnect between Earth and the afterlife in Trunks' future was weird.

In DBZ, these ____s spent mad time on the other side, chilling and training. Using King Kai like a long distance call when they wanted to hit the fam up and ****. By the Buu arc, someone dying barely even had any impact because it lacked any sense of finality.

Even if dragon balls were gone, it felt like Goku and everyone that died to the androids straight up never spoke to Trunks, Bulma, and Gohan again.

I actually like that about Trunks' timeline. Nobody gets bailed out.

He literally had to travel time to get help. Not just hit up King Kai.

It all comes down to the consistency of the writing though. These dudes throw in so many things and then just abandon ideas all the time.

Whether it's Trunks and Goten not having tails, Gohan somehow being able to go Super Saiyan again, or the insignificance of the Dragonballs as a whole now.

TBH I like Trunks' timeline more. The deaths make his storyline even better. And the fact that Goku isn't around makes for a better story.

Just your typical plot hole :lol:

Just your typical plot hole :lol:

Figured :lol:

I actually like that about Trunks' timeline. Nobody gets bailed out.

He literally had to travel time to get help. Not just hit up King Kai.

It all comes down to the consistency of the writing though. These dudes throw in so many things and then just abandon ideas all the time.

Whether it's Trunks and Goten not having tails, Gohan somehow being able to go Super Saiyan again, or the insignificance of the Dragonballs as a whole now.

TBH I like Trunks' timeline more. The deaths make his storyline even better. And the fact that Goku isn't around makes for a better story.

Very true. The way death is portrayed in his time definitely gives everything a sense of gravity and desperation that makes it more realistic than the normal Dragon Ball world.

That scene at the end of this last episode where he imagined just having a regular family meal with his girl and mom and started tearing up was some real ****. You know your world is trash if a nice dinner is a fantasy :lol:

While Toriyama is top 5 at forgetting his own ****, I think that Gohan thing might've partially been an (English version) anime mistake/misunderstanding.

It really is a massive plot hole tho.

When everyone died to the Saiyans, the first thing that happened was Mr. Popo came through and introduced them all to Kami's spaceship so they could go to Namek and use those Dragon Balls.

There's no explanation for why Mr. Popo didn't go down and introduce Gohan and Trunks to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, which would have allowed them both to EASILY wash the Androids and Cell.

If you think about it, since Future Gohan remained bout that life through his 20s, his actual potential as a fighter should have been much greater than the present timeline. He would have easily hit SSJ2 in the Time Chamber and Trunks would have been a 13 year old USSJ.

Same thing with the afterlife. Don't see why Goku didn't try to offer advice to his damn son in one timeline and in the next dude is casually hitting ****** up like they got Skype in heaven.

Last edited:
Speaking of Mr. Popo....how strong is he?

I remember the filler episode where he was blocking all of Super Saiyan Goten & Trunks attacks.

Pops also trained a lot of the Z fighters...including a young Goku. Mysterious guy he is.

That was filler nonsense. Mr. Popo is about equal to the Goku who beat King Piccolo, so his power level should be in the 200s.

According to a pamphlet in Shonen Jump though, his power level was around 1,000, slightly weaker than Raditz, which might make more sense considering he trained Krillin, Yamcha and the rest

Last edited:
Here's my question

If Black is a Kiaoshin from another universe, but yet came from the future, how are Goku, Whis and Beerus on their way to see him right now?

This last episode was the Official Dry Cleaning of Gohan-san. LIke he was literally portrayed as soft serve saiyan gogurt. Trunks saw his mentor being hung out to dry.

Quote:
Here's my question

If Black is a Kiaoshin from another universe, but yet came from the future, how are Goku, Whis and Beerus on their way to see him right now?
Zamasu is not yet a Kaioshin in the present timeline. He's an apprentice.

The implication is that in the future, Zamasu may have something to do with Black.

I know I'm late but I just downloaded dokkan battle and I am hooked.. Is the bronze hercule statue worth keeping? Thinking bout selling it..

I know I'm late but I just downloaded dokkan battle and I am hooked.. Is the bronze hercule statue worth keeping? Thinking bout selling it..

Get that 250k Zenni, plehboi.

EDIT: The phrase "Dokkan Battle" must be like a goddamn bat signal :lol:

Last edited:
Bruhs did anyone get Gogeta or Janemba?

I got a bunch of SSRs but no Gogeta.

Still no SSGSS TEQ Goku or STR Broly yet.

Smh...

Bruhs did anyone get Gogeta or Janemba?

I got a bunch of SSRs but no Gogeta.

Still no SSGSS TEQ Goku or STR Broly yet.

Smh...

Nope |I

But I do have both of them ___s that you're wishing for, though

kanye-west-smiling-this-way-1440888316.gif

(Even though I'm F2P for life :lol:)

Got my 13 medals from both the Broly and SSJ3 Goku events, so I'm just sitting here waiting for this upcoming tournament.

:lol: :lol: I figured. I'm on day 3

Since you're still new, this is a great time to "re-roll" (start over) until you give yourself a mean starting line up. I know you probably received mad stones, so it wouldn't hurt to try to pull a Gogeta, Broly, SSJ3 Goku, or one of them heavy hitters.

I recommend peeping the subreddit for it as well, but don't let yourself get caught up in it.

Them cats take this game way too seriously. Seen someone say they dropped like $13k over the last year on it the other day, with others talking about "limiting themselves" to like $200-500 a month :x

Last edited:
Dudes wilin out, I spent 99 cents on this game to restore my health and get the last medal I needed for Angel Goku and that had me :smh: at myself :lol:

I've pulled that damn SSR TEQ Pikkon 5 times.

Last edited:
Dudes wilin out, I spent 99 cents on this game to restore my health and get the last medal I needed for Angel Goku and that had me :smh: at myself :lol:

They had discounted stones when they first brought the Gogeta and Janemba banners out and I legitimately talked myself out of even coming out of pocket $.32 (I have $7.67 of Play Store credit from that Surveys app) for 32 stones :lol:

I'm just not going, at all.

Reddit thinks that Pikkon is trash but his super helped me a lot with beating that SSJ3 Goku event. That ATK reduction is clutch.

If you get him and someone like General Blue (his super has a high chance of stunning the enemy for 2 turns) on the same team, you can really thug it out through some tough fights.

Last edited:

That Pikkon is so ******* trash bro. Hate that card.

Back
Top Bottom