Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

That's from mangapanda, ch 480 pg 10.

You're free to look it up on whatever site you personally use.

(By and by, the wiki also states that Gohan is able to use SS and SS2 with his Mystic Powerup applied, so if that's the source you're using, then even that doesn't agree with what it is you're saying.)

Yeah I'm familiar with managa panda it's just that fan translations often mistranslate the original text. Not that I'm saying it's wrong I just want to see an official source cause of the conflicting Info online. And my interpretation doesn't say that he can't transform anymore, just that it wasn't needed anymore because he already achieved max power. Same concept applies to how Toriyama said goku does t need to go ssj2 or ssj3 anymore if he completely masters his base and ssj1 forms.

See, even with what Toriyama said, that to me doesn't imply that they or any character would ever tap out in terms of their power level. Sounded like he was simply stating they could master SS further, and equal the powers of 2 and 3 in a more efficient manner, and then still continue improving beyond that point. Same applied to Gohan in my mind.

So what your saying is that they basically said a SS1 can equal a SS3 but, SS1 has to be mastered

These movies really need to stop tho

So what your saying is that they basically said a SS1 can equal a SS3 but, SS1 has to be mastered

It's possible tho.

Goku in SSJ1 surpassed Trunks and Vegeta who ascended (not completely ascended but they did it)

Base Gohan surpassed SSJ3.

The thing to note here is that SSJ forms are just power multipliers and a Ki burner. Saiyans have no ceiling to their potential strength, so a base Saiyan can become as powerful as a SSJ1 if he was really about that life AND bypass the massive energy cost that comes with being a Super Saiyan.

It's why Goku focused on SSJ1 in the first place. He realized that the biggest weakness of a SSJ form is its constant Ki consumption. So in this case, sometimes less is more

Makes sense somewhat cause like you said they are multipliers

It was a bummer how Vegeta and Trunks had that ascended form in the cell saga but it wqs pointless come fight time as it was too slow and cause a huge strain on the body and ko consumption

It's possible tho.

Goku in SSJ1 surpassed Trunks and Vegeta who ascended (not completely ascended but they did it)

Base Gohan surpassed SSJ3.

The thing to note here is that SSJ forms are just power multipliers and a Ki burner. Saiyans have no ceiling to their potential strength, so a base Saiyan can become as powerful as a SSJ1 if he was really about that life AND bypass the massive energy cost that comes with being a Super Saiyan.

It's why Goku focused on SSJ1 in the first place. He realized that the biggest weakness of a SSJ form is its constant Ki consumption. So in this case, sometimes less is more

Bingo. And as far as Gohan transforming I believe that's still the case. Ki consumption is why he doesn't need to go super sayain. But if Gohans full power is unlocked he is at his strongest period and the power multiplier doesn't take affect.

Aaaaaaaand the leaked cam footage reveals itself
alien.gif

Impressive animation
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaand the leaked cam footage reveals itself 0]  

Impressive animation :nerd:

As much as everyone hated Battle of the Gods the animation was very well done. They had it free for the weekend on Xbox a couple weeks back and i watched it again on my tv and i was amazed.

Bingo. And as far as Gohan transforming I believe that's still the case. Ki consumption is why he doesn't need to go super sayain. But if Gohans full power is unlocked he is at his strongest period and the power multiplier doesn't take affect.

Once again, SS doesn't drain Gohan's Ki, in the same way it doesn't drain Goku's, as they both mastered that state back in the Cell Saga specifically to deal with that problem.

Yes they do.

So its confirmed those blue hair forms are them just turning super saiyan, while in super saiyan god form

F this

Once again, SS doesn't drain Gohan's Ki, in the same way it doesn't drain Goku's, as they both mastered that state back in the Cell Saga specifically to deal with that problem.

But once again if you believe the "full power" translation then when Gohan had his full power unlocked the super sayain transformation became unnecessary.

But once again if you believe the "full power" translation then when Gohan had his full power unlocked the super sayain transformation became unnecessary.

Which still wouldn't change the fact that he's able to use SS without losing any Ki. Note that I didn't say anything about that from your last post. The only thing that would happen in your interpretation is his power not being multiplied, as even before Old Kai's upgrade he wasn't losing Ki in SS regardless. So that's not a benefit.

Which still wouldn't change the fact that he's able to use SS without losing any Ki. Note that I didn't say anything about that from your last post. The only thing that would happen in your interpretation is his power not being multiplied, as even before Old Kai's upgrade he wasn't losing Ki in SS regardless. So that's not a benefit.

I think we're arguing in circles lol but I do agree that ssj1 wouldn't drain his ki any faster in just saying there would be no need to transform. I don't recall if he mastered ssj2 though, would that still apply?

I think we're arguing in circles lol but I do agree that ssj1 wouldn't drain his ki any faster in just saying there would be no need to transform. I don't recall if he mastered ssj2 though, would that still apply?

Then that's an agreement. I wasn't arguing against whether or not there'd be any benefit to him transforming, as i've already pointed out the reasons why I think there would be. I was simply saying that attributing him not losing any Ki in SS to Old Kai is wrong, because both he and Goku (And probably Vegeta down the line) did that in the Cell Saga. In regards to mastering SS2, there's never any information on that, as the next set of arcs goes on to introduce SS3, wherein the severe energy drain is noted to be an inherent weakness of that form.

I don't recall them saying they don't lose ki in SSJ during the cell games at all. Vegeta says that goku and gohan were in SSJ casually so that they don't waist ki during the transformation. Not that they wouldn't lose ki at all. He made it seem like transforming into a super saiyan drains energy so "mastering SSJ" in my opinion means you can transform without wasting energy. 

I don't recall them saying they don't lose ki in SSJ during the cell games at all. Vegeta says that goku and gohan were in SSJ casually so that they don't waist ki during the transformation. Not that they wouldn't lose ki at all. He made it seem like transforming into a super saiyan drains energy so "mastering SSJ" in my opinion means you can transform without wasting energy. 

My understanding was that that was the end result of them mastering the form, whereupon everyone was unable to sense their ki output, as became the exact same as their natural state. In the long run, this conserves energy on multiple fronts, increases the energy they can draw from, and amplifies their ability to manipulate their ki. Therefore, as they stayed in the state longer the amount of ki that was being drained from them became less, and less, and less, and so on, until they were again just in a regular form that they could completely control. Seemed as if they weren't losing anymore ki than they would on a daily basis from basic activity, until they powered up and began drawing from it.

Last edited:
Gotcha for some reason I thought you ment they don't lose ki at all...even when fighting
laugh.gif
. I see what you're saying though.

Gotcha for some reason I thought you ment they don't lose ki at all...even when fighting :lol: . I see what you're saying though.

LOL naah the Ki will still be lost eventually, Full Powered SS is basically just more energy efficient for all intents and purposes, which translates to an enhanced performance overall.

Super Saiyan God.... Super Saiyan.

That **** is stupid. This is like the Tahoe someone mods to look like a Escalade.

Dude slapped a bit of elbow grease on Super Saiyan and called it a new form.

I figure if he's going to go this route they might as well just unlock SSGSS2 and SSGSS3.

That **** is stupid. This is like the Tahoe someone mods to look like a Escalade.

I figure if he's going to go this route they might as well just unlock SSGSS2 and SSGSS3.

It is stupid but atleast it won't go as far as ss2 and ss3. Goku has mastered the super sayain form to the point where he can reach those levels of power without the need for a transformation and wasting energy.

On another note, the dragon ball heroes story line and concept seems to be way, way, better than the direction these last movies have gone. It does seem to me that the creative powers behind Dragon ball z media is really pushing the time travel-multiverse-multidimensional angle. I'm thinking it may make its way into the anime. Which is something I'd be completely fine with. The whole multi universe thing is being done extremely well in DragonBall Multiverse, I'm sure they could think up a series involving characters from different potential timelines across dragon ball z sagas

Yea that is one if the dumbest things I have yet to see introduced

So does this make god form a state of being instead of a transformed state?

Back
Top Bottom