Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I memba watching the same DBZ episodes in Spanish I already saw in English just cuz it was so fire.

IMG_6426.jpeg

Nah this hit me right in the feels :frown: :frown: :frown:

Goku legit a universal symbol of strength and overcoming adversity.

I didn’t get into Dragon Ball until 1994.

I probably saw pics in ads or pics in gaming magazines but I didn’t know anything about it.

Until I went back to live in New York. There was this cat Zat2, he put me onto DBZ.

Then I started watching the movie subs from China Town. And then a year later, they brought DB then DBZ to America. I played the DBZ fighter on Genesis and DBZ 2 on SNES. Part three was crazy because it had SSG3, etc and gave us a peek into the Boo saga. The only real DBZ tv I saw before the dub was the Perfect Cell Games.

We’re talking DB was a huge influence for 2/3 of my life. RIP to Toriyama-SAN. And I’m sure his work will live on. Obviously they refer to Miyazaki as the Japanese Walt Disney. But I guess Toriyama is the Sigel/Shuster of Japanese manga. His Super Heroes are beloved across the globe.

Don't smoke but marlboro's branding on products has always looked nice to me. Anyway looking forward to sparking zero

Still doesn’t make sense to me.

If you’re going to show that Gohan’s latest transformation is the most powerful then you pit him against the strongest opponent in the series at that point.

Not some mid stage Cell with a Max thrown on his name is that powerful especially after that showing in that movie. Should’ve at least been the return of Perfect Cell or a new Cell that ate up more than 2 androids.

Last edited:
Does he fight Broly, Ego, Whis and Beerus?

Just signals Goku and Vegeta are going to either reform their forms or get new ones.

I’m curious on the next major arc.

I don’t have an issue with it. It just “makes no sense” since Goku/Vegeta were fighting the major threats. Cell Max comes along and Piccollo and Gohan just get these magic buffs. But I’m all about more Z fighter action.

I don’t have an issue with it. It just “makes no sense” since Goku/Vegeta were fighting the major threats. Cell Max comes along and Piccollo and Gohan just get these magic buffs. But I’m all about more Z fighter action.

To be fair, the only form Gohan ever trained to achieve was ss1/ascended ss. Eveything else was either via having is potential unlocked or being sent into a rage.

So in my eyes, the beast form is very on brand for Gohan. And objectively he’s been creeping up in strength ever since the first tournament against champas universe. By the end of ToP he was atleast where Goku/frieza/Vegeta were in the revival of F arc.

Piccolo getting stronger via wish is for sure not in line with his character but I’m glad to see him not stagnate.

Back
Top Bottom