Official ECF Game 1 5/20 8:30PM EST TNT Magic vs. Cavs

Originally Posted by solefob

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

2rc9wm9.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif
LBJ tried to get his Kobe on and wound up getting embarrassed.� Courtney Lee's grandkids are going to be talking about this dunk.� "LeBron may have won seven MVPs and championships, but my grandpa got 'im!"

He needs to take notes:

http://www.youtube.com/v/u0UFp65XHLo&rel=1
a lot easier to block someone from behind when they don't know you're there as opposed to taking the challenge face to face protecting the rim.

Youre insane if you think that Courtney didnt know that Bron was coming for his head on that play.

Yes, Lebron got dunked on, but so does everyone else whom plays good defense. I rather have a player willing to take the chance of being on a poster thansomebody who watches them just blow by for the uncontested dunk. Everyone talking about that play, but not talking about all the blocks had on D12 tonight.

What a game tonight.

The Cavs are a great team. The bench just didn't show up tonight. All this talk of him not having help needs to stop because he has a great supportingcast. They just didn't show up.

If they play this bad the next game then I would be a little worried.

As a Laker fan I have seen what can happen when the supporting cast just disappears.

Magic played a great game and we all know when their shots are falling they are difficult to beat.

I believe the Cav fans have nothing to worry about nor should they be disappointed. Its one loss. You guys had a great chance at the end with that tip. Justcame up a bit short. I saw my squad lose to the rockets by 20 and not even compete in 2 PLAYOFF games.

You guys are alright.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

eek.gif

laugh.gif
LBJ tried to get his Kobe on and wound up getting embarrassed.� Courtney Lee's grandkids are going to be talking about this dunk.� "LeBron may have won seven MVPs and championships, but my grandpa got 'im!"

He needs to take notes:

http://www.youtube.com/v/u0UFp65XHLo&rel=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/u0UFp65XHLo&rel=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/u0UFp65XHLo&rel=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/u0UFp65XHLo&rel=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/u0UFp65XHLo&rel=1
a lot easier to block someone from behind when they don't know you're there as opposed to taking the challenge face to face protecting the rim.
Youre insane if you think that Courtney didnt know that Bron was coming for his head on that play.

knowing Bron's acumen for gettin that and sending it off, I was surprised by Courtney Lee. big ups to him for taking it down Brons throat. *pause*
The Magic aren't a cupcake team. Van Gundy was right in that listen-in - cavs haven't been tested at all this playoffs. watch out Cavs.

Originally Posted by SINcereOne03

Yes, Lebron got dunked on, but so does everyone else whom plays good defense. I rather have a player willing to take the chance of being on a poster than somebody who watches them just blow by for the uncontested dunk. Everyone talking about that play, but not talking about all the blocks had on D12 tonight.
how is that remotely valid when you consider years ago lebron dunked on mvp tim duncan and every lebron fan went crazy laughing in Timmy'sface for what happened.. Karma's coming back to all lebron fans. time for everyone else to enjoy what happened.

suck it up

Yes , the main reason I dislike LeBron is because of the slurpage & how he's hyped sooooo much .

He doesn't do anything that I haven't seen before ... he isn't anything new .

He's what ? 6'8 ? He gets a wide open dunk (WIDE OPEN!) , ESPN / TNT goes nutso .

Like ... ok ? It's just a dunk . They praise everything the man does .

The things that he does are really tiring to me .

In the NBA , Lebron can do no wrong , he thinks he's the father of everyone on his team ... like , really ?

His antics (throwing the powder up , the taking pictures , the making his team look smaller than him) ... thing is getting really old .

& as much as you guys mention that he looks to pass the ball , sure he does ...

But he still finds a way to make everyone else around him look small .

I just don't like him ... he's fake .

Wow, that's almost a word for word repost of a Kobe hating post circa 2000-01
smh.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

What a game tonight.

The Cavs are a great team. The bench just didn't show up tonight. All this talk of him not having help needs to stop because he has a great supporting cast. They just didn't show up.

If they play this bad the next game then I would be a little worried.

As a Laker fan I have seen what can happen when the supporting cast just disappears.

Magic played a great game and we all know when their shots are falling they are difficult to beat.

I believe the Cav fans have nothing to worry about nor should they be disappointed. Its one loss. You guys had a great chance at the end with that tip. Just came up a bit short. I saw my squad lose to the rockets by 20 and not even compete in 2 PLAYOFF games.

You guys are alright.
I never thought a Lakers fan would help me get over a loss, but thanks man, it is 3AM here in Cleveland, and I am still up thinking abouttonight's game, I really hope your right, after that I take back what I said about a Lakers Loss, and a Cavs win Friday would make up for this, good luckto ya tomorrow toooo.

goodnight NT

Chi ILL wrote:

Yes , the main reason I dislike LeBron is because of the slurpage & how he's hyped sooooo much .

He's what ? 6'8 ? He gets a wide open dunk (WIDE OPEN!) , ESPN / TNT goes nutso .

In the NBA , Lebron can do no wrong , he thinks he's the father of everyone on his team ... like , really ?

His antics (throwing the powder up , the taking pictures , the making his team look smaller than him) ... thing is getting really old .

haterade-logo.jpg

There's absolutely no reason to hate on LBJ. His teammates just didn't show up this game. I don't expect them to be this quiet the next game.

Cleveland needs to stop doubling Hedo so hard. Its giving Lewis free jumpshots all day.

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

PoeticJays wrote:

it seems like a lot of people hate/dislike LeBron because of the media attention he gets and all the 'slurping' from ESPN/TNT/ABC...etc but is that
his fault? is it his fault that the media adores him? Or there's a double standard (i.e. not showing him getting dunked on)

how many people actually hate LeBron for what he does on the basketball court? It used to be 'he can't shoot', but if you watched the game
tonight, that's obviously not the case anymore.

The constant media attention does get tiring after a while, but I don't see how anyone can hate on his game. He plays the game the right way. How many
other superstars constantly LOOK to pass and get his teammates involved? especially when he knows he can score pretty much anytime he wants.

I can see your point about his antics (the chalk, pregame routine..etc), if you naturally don't like the dude, that is definitely something that can fuel the fire.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it, but then again, I'm biased, I've been a fan of LeBron since he came into the league. But I see where you're coming from.

But as for the part that he's 'nothing new', thats just completely false. We've never seen anyone like LeBron. Other players may have parts of his game, or the individual things he can do aren't unique in the way that no one else ever did them before, but there's never been a player that combines everything like LeBron. The athleticism, strength, speed, with the incredible skill level, ballhandling, vision..etc. He really is a unique player, if you ignore the antics and media attention that causes you to hate dude, you can appreciate seeing a once-a-decade type of player, even if you don't like him.

SLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP

I dislike him because he's being placed in the upper echelon of NBA greats before he has even made any truly significant accomplishments. I dislike himbecause he has no business being mentioned in the same breath as MJ. I dislike the antics too. And I also dislike him based partly on his
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
form when shooting, dribbling, etc. Just doesn't appeal tome as there's very little to no smoothness to his game.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by nyk buc

im calling 50 pts and a near triple double by lebron for game 2. and i'm serious. this kid is just that good. i'm not even fazed what he put up tonight.
you pretty much mean like the #'s he put up in tonights loss? I could see that happening in game 2 also
but the defense will be better. no way orlando is gonna shoot 55% all series. but yes, lebron will continue to beast like tonight. and he's more motivated by this loss. i was waiting for this one loss just to see how pissed off he will be.

and lebron took it like a man tonight. in his words, "we deserved to lose." that's all i wanted to hear

laugh.gif
and on the other side...you expect bron to shoot 70% from the fieldthe whole series? please

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

PoeticJays wrote:

Chi ILL wrote:

PoeticJays wrote:

it seems like a lot of people hate/dislike LeBron because of the media attention he gets and all the 'slurping' from ESPN/TNT/ABC...etc but is
that

his fault? is it his fault that the media adores him? Or there's a double standard (i.e. not showing him getting dunked on)

how many people actually hate LeBron for what he does on the basketball court? It used to be 'he can't shoot', but if you watched the game

tonight, that's obviously not the case anymore.

The constant media attention does get tiring after a while, but I don't see how anyone can hate on his game. He plays the game the right way. How
many

other superstars constantly LOOK to pass and get his teammates involved? especially when he knows he can score pretty much anytime he wants.

I can see your point about his antics (the chalk, pregame routine..etc), if you naturally don't like the dude, that is definitely something that can fuel
the fire.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it, but then again, I'm biased, I've been a fan of LeBron since he came into the league. But I see
where you're coming from.

But as for the part that he's 'nothing new', thats just completely false. We've never seen anyone like LeBron. Other players may have parts
of his game, or the individual things he can do aren't unique in the way that no one else ever did them before, but there's never been a player that
combines everything like LeBron. The athleticism, strength, speed, with the incredible skill level, ballhandling, vision..etc. He really is a unique player,
if you ignore the antics and media attention that causes you to hate dude, you can appreciate seeing a once-a-decade type of player, even if you don't
like him.

SLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP

I dislike him because he's being placed in the upper echelon of NBA greats before he has even made any truly significant accomplishments. I dislike him
because he has no business being mentioned in the same breath as MJ. I dislike the antics too. And I also dislike him based partly on his
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
form when shooting, dribbling, etc. Just doesn't appeal to
me as there's very little to no smoothness to his game.

so you dislike him because of what the media and others think of him? How is that his fault what other people say about him? I'm guessing you dislike himmore because Jerry West himself says he has the 'chance' to be the GOAT. So you're going to hold that against him. LeBroncan't control what other people say about him. If people want to compare him to the Magics and Jordan's, what do you expect him to do? Say "no noSTOP! Not yet!"
laugh.gif

you dislike him because his game isn't as smooth or pretty as you would like. Yet his 'unsmooth form' caused him to make 67% of his shots tonight,and shoot almost 50% for the season. His 'unsmooth' dribbling is a big reason why he's the most effective slasher in the league (you're goingto say his strength/speed and although thats true, if he didn't have the handles none of that would matter)

and you dislike him for some of his 'antics'. What...the chalk? the pregame routine? those are done in good fun and in no way disgraces the game or hisopponents in any manner. Or are you talking about his screaming/flexing/staring when he makes a big block/dunk/shot? Now tell me what great player doesn'tdo that?

good reaons to hate a player
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

some lakers fans just feel like giving back what the Lakers have been receiving by those who don't like them.

true

it seems like a lot of people hate/dislike LeBron because of the media attention he gets and all the 'slurping' from ESPN/TNT/ABC...etc but is that his fault? is it his fault that the media adores him? Or there's a double standard (i.e. not showing him getting dunked on)
that's a big part of it, it's mainly the hype + abnoxious fans(I'll acknowledge that every team has them)

don't really hate Jabron personally(even though he does some annoying *%+*), just the hype/nut-hugging he gets makes me wanna vomit sometimes. That's all

Sums me up

yup

he was like #2 on espn top plays tonight. i was like *@%....thats a regular dunk, nuthin special. if anything, mo williams' shot shoulda been1 or 2, but he was like 5 or sumn

tupac said it best on here. its one game, thats all it is.

heres the most likely scenario, cleveland wins friday and splits in orlando and cleveland closes out the final 2.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Moving on, can the CAVS keep the +10 point victory streak going tonight? I don't think most NT'ers realize/give the CAVS enough credit for how well they've been playing lately (then again 90% of them seem to be pure HATERS). The "they haven't played anyone good" excuse is getting so lame/tired. The CAVS are/were the best team in the NBA, so that's what you get and deserve. The whole team is like a band brothers because of LBJ's leadership. I give it a 35% chance that we will win by +10 tonight. I have a feeling LBJ is going to be FREAKY tonight & set the tone for this series & the next. Lets get it!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Moving on, can the CAVS keep the +10 point victory streak going tonight? I don't think most NT'ers realize/give the CAVS enough credit for how well they've been playing lately (then again 90% of them seem to be pure HATERS). The "they haven't played anyone good" excuse is getting so lame/tired. The CAVS are/were the best team in the NBA, so that's what you get and deserve. The whole team is like a band brothers because of LBJ's leadership. I give it a 35% chance that we will win by +10 tonight. I have a feeling LBJ is going to be FREAKY tonight & set the tone for this series & the next. Lets get it!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

cavs stans and lebron d riders remind me so much of some of the unrealistic laker fans i come across and of alot of the kobe d riders as well.

hopefully game 2 is a close game as well, the 2nd half of this past game was pretty entertaining.

dissapointing loss no doubt... Cavs just got lazy out there and im sure after this loss they are going to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

I'm not posting anymore about this series. I'm just gonna put a line of smilie faces on each page of the thread when win games. I'll also do it when Dwight scores less than 20.
Howard can be guarded str8 up cause he HAS NO POST MOVES. You only double team people who DOMINATE the paint, not people who dunk hard in the paint. If you push Dwight 10 feet from the rim, he won't know what to do, and it's not like they feed him the ball a lot anyway

What post moves, when he lower his shouler and spin in the paint? Anybody can do that, thats trash. You cannot compare him to Shaq, cause Shaq has good footwork, Dwight doesn't, and Shaq is/was more agile than Dwight. He dominates the paint on D for sure, but not on O. He's not even averaging more than 18 in the playoffs. He's not a dominate low post player on O, not even close, and never will be cause his fundamentals stink, all he can do is dunk and get layups.
mYToAsterspeak.....
laugh.gif
d12 with 30points15 rebounds.... where you at??? care to say anything?

Back
Top Bottom