Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

After giving it a few more spins, its still a real good album, but not great. Can't lie, I was expecting a lot more considering the fact he's probably my favorite artist and all these incredible features he's been doing. But a lot of things are working against it. First and foremost, I'm happy to see Eminem rapping in a state where he seems comfortable, but I don't think he's back on his A game just yet. A lot of these metaphors seem forced unlike his other efforts. Plus he keeps rapping about having to prove himself but I think doing that is working against him. Its almost like he's making the music that he thinks we'd enjoy and not himself which is not what an artist should do. Plus, the lazy choruses kill a lot of the vibe to these songs [Almost Famous has to be the worst one].

Anyways, I'm still enjoying it a lot. My favorite tracks are currently...

Cold Wind Blows
Talkin' 2 Myself
On Fire
Won't Back Down
Not Afraid
Seduction
No Love

He pretty much spazed on 'No Love' and his delivery in Seduction is phenomenal. As of now, I probably enjoy 'Relapse' more. But then again, I thought that was a great album.

EDIT: I also hate the fact that he trashes Relapse so much. Its pretty lame of him
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

This album is definitely better than Relapse. But I think Beautiful is better than every song on Recovery.
Really?  That's a bold statement.

his album sales are at 750K?
eek.gif

Shady’s back, all right. Eminem's sales continue to grow, and in our latest upward revision this morning, we're now calling  the Recovery number 700-750k. That means the album isn't just a lock to top the first week of his previous release, Relapse, it's on track to be the biggest debut since AC/DC's Black Ice bowed with 784k back in 2008.  With the weekend ahead, it's now just a question of how high it can go. Here are the seedings for next week's Top 15:

* Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 700-750k
Drake (Young Money/Cash Money/Universal Motown) 150-160k
* Miley Cyrus (Hollywood) 110-120k
* Ozzy Osbourne (Epic) 65-70k
Now 34 (Capitol/EMI) 55-60k
Jack Johnson (Brushfire/Universal Republic) 45-50k
* The Roots (Def Jam/IDJ) 45-50k
Justin Bieber (Island/IDJ) 40-45k
Sarah McLachlan (Arista/RMG) 40-45k
Lady Antebellum (Capitol Nashville/EMI) 30-35k
Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Chop Shop/Atlantic) 30-35k
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (Warner Bros.) 30-35k
Lady Gaga (Interscope) 25-28k
Usher (LaFace/JLG) 24-27k
* Keith Sweat (Kedar Entertainment) 24-27k
* Denotes debut

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

laugh.gif
eminem did not kill drake's buzz... drake's buzz is still there... his weak singles are the reason he didnt sell more and what he sold was still great for the first week of a debut album... stop stanning...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

laugh.gif
eminem did not kill drake's buzz... drake's buzz is still there... his weak singles are the reason he didnt sell more and what he sold was still great for the first week of a debut album... stop stanning...
find your love is a top 5 hit now dudne. he has a hit single. his buzz is not what it was last year. and his album sales went down 75% for next week. em didn't kill his buzz, but his buzz is not where he wants it to be.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

laugh.gif
find your love is a top 5 hit now dudne. he has a hit single. his buzz is not what it was last year. and his album sales went down 75% for next week. em didn't kill his buzz, but his buzz is not where he wants it to be.

i know that... im just sayin eminem has nothin to do with it...

laugh.gif

Bro, i usually got no problems with your opinions i rarely even post in these kinda threads you know that, but damn, i love both albums but i just had to say are you serious?
laugh.gif

I know Em didnt 'kill' his buzz, Drakes always had buzz and he did great numbers. But realistically, you honestly dont think that the biggest established rap artist of this decade having his album drop the week after Drake's didnt take away any attention AT ALL from Drake and his album?

I cant believe that you would think it didnt influence it at all, i know you're a smart dude Time, dont let your dislike for Em influence reality. I love both of their albums and im just as big of a drake fan as i am an Em fan, i just love great music, but its very obvious that Em drew attention away from Drake, maybe not a lot but certainly some at least...how could he not? He's been all over interviews, all over the internet, all over the blogs, all over television, and this all while Drake has been on a promo tour, you cant really believe deep down that it literally had no impact whatsoever. 
laugh.gif

EDIT:  And another magazine cover for Em
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

eminem-billboard.jpg

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

(Chicago) I have yet to hear anybody listening to Em in their car, guess I gotta go to the burbs
Neither have I heard Drake in anybody whip in the hood here in the Chi either.  All I seem to hear is Gucci as of late.  I think the Recovery album is decent, but nothing to write home about.

why would it have such a big impact?

so people that were gonna buy drake's album heard about em's and didn't buy drake's?

it just seems dumb to me... but then again its 2010 and this is the usa...

why would it have such a big impact?

so people that were gonna buy drake's album heard about em's and didn't buy drake's?

it just seems dumb to me... but then again its 2010 and this is the usa...
I mean i understand you, it might not have a BIG impact as in hundreds of thousands of people, because Drake fans have been drake fans from the start...and obviously by the size of the NT thread, there are people who will cop regardless of anything. and i mean i normally wouldnt spend this much time with a post onNT but this is an interesting matter to me so... lets shortly discussthis. Check this:

-Not everyone is doin it big with money, some teenagers in high school get a small allowance and aint workin. Lets say they runnin broke, got 20 bucks left to spend for the rest of the month. Theres a big decision for these kids, Eminem album? Drake album? Both? Neither? "I really want at least one"...how many of those decisions went towards Em? At least some right? Well theres an 'impact'...may not be big but its still an impact regardless, Eminem's album was bought with that allowance money instead of Drakes, and if Em wasnt dropping obviously it would of been a lot easier of a decision.

Not everyone can afford both albums, especially with our economic decline. Buying 2 albums instead of 1 can be the difference between eating Top Ramen noodles for dinner or actually eating a real meal...you cant deny that. There are a lot of big hip-hop fans that would love to support both, genuinely want both, but just cant afford both...and the truth is some of those people will just decide to buy neither and support the next time around...but most of them will make a choice, some will go to Drake, some will go to Em...the decision alone is an impact, whether or not they even decide to purchase any album at all. The question of "Damn what do i do?" wouldn't even exist if Em's album wasnt dropping... you gonna say thats not an influence on such a large population? Especially when every dollar means so much these days to so many people?

Right?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

i guess... i really dont care either way... id be happy sellin either amount
laugh.gif

Cmon dawg, at least act like you care after i put so much effort into a niketalk post
laugh.gif

you heart-breaker you
frown.gif

(pause)

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

laugh.gif

Bro, i usually got no problems with your opinions i rarely even post in these kinda threads you know that, but damn, i love both albums but i just had to say are you serious?
laugh.gif

I know Em didnt 'kill' his buzz, Drakes always had buzz and he did great numbers. But realistically, you honestly dont think that the biggest established rap artist of this decade having his album drop the week after Drake's didnt take away any attention AT ALL from Drake and his album?

I cant believe that you would think it didnt influence it at all, i know you're a smart dude Time, dont let your dislike for Em influence reality. I love both of their albums and im just as big of a drake fan as i am an Em fan, i just love great music, but its very obvious that Em drew attention away from Drake, maybe not a lot but certainly some at least...how could he not? He's been all over interviews, all over the internet, all over the blogs, all over television, and this all while Drake has been on a promo tour, you cant really believe deep down that it literally had no impact whatsoever. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
tongue.gif

eminem-billboard.jpg
That's all media +*%$%##*...

Half of Drake's album is in the Billboard Hot 100...

Spoiler [+]
#5 “Find Your Love

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
tongue.gif
That's all media +*%$%##*...

Half of Drake's album is in the Billboard Hot 100...

Spoiler [+]
#5 “Find Your Love

Back
Top Bottom