Official Fall/Winter Coat Thread

copped this from MLTD with the 25% off coupon...came to $71 shipped :smokin

Picked up one of these last summer, perfect for the LA "winters."

And picked up one of these last fall for whenever I head out of town to actual colder climates.

looking for a long grey pea coat...any suggestions?
The ones people usually look at are the J. Crew ones or Polo. The J. Crew one is a darker charcoal color, doesn't have flap pockets, and doesn't have a vent. I bought a navy one a few years ago since it was very minimal and got it with Thinsulate lining for extra warmth. The Polo one looks like a lighter gray color and has flap pockets on the bottom and is single vented. It's $200 more than the J. Crew one.

Express has a new, water-resistant one that looks interesting. Their jackets aren't as heavy or warm though.

The ones people usually look at are the J. Crew ones or Polo. The J. Crew one is a darker charcoal color, doesn't have flap pockets, and doesn't have a vent. I bought a navy one a few years ago since it was very minimal and got it with Thinsulate lining for extra warmth. The Polo one looks like a lighter gray color and has flap pockets on the bottom and is single vented. It's $200 more than the J. Crew one.
Express has a new, water-resistant one that looks interesting. Their jackets aren't as heavy or warm though.
i got the university coat from jcrew with thinsulate (not the pea coat) and it does the job pretty well. I def layer up for those nights in the teens when i go out but for like 25-40 degree range, no layering is necessary.

^
Yeah, I also bought the University Coat (Thinsulate) last year as a secondary coat. I have to say I didn't like it as much. It was a little longer than I realized. The charcoal color wool also felt a little rough. It's hard to find really warm wool coats where the sleeves and body lengths aren't too long.

^
Yeah, I also bought the University Coat (Thinsulate) last year as a secondary coat. I have to say I didn't like it as much. It was a little longer than I realized. The charcoal color wool also felt a little rough. It's hard to find really warm wool coats where the sleeves and body lengths aren't too long.

A tailor is your friend in those situations...

It's from Express, it's called the Systems Military jacket, the cardigan you see in the pic is actually just a zip in lining for looks purposes, I generally wear the jacket without it. This was from last year though, so it's not in stores anymore. I saw a couple on eBay while Googling this to find out the name of the jacket.

I just ordered this one and am waiting for it to come in the mail. I love G-Star stuff, they're just about all I wear now.
G-Star stuff is awesome. I need to find some of the stuff on sale.

A tailor is your friend in those situations...
Yeah, i've just been lazy in my search for a good tailor. Plus it's a heavy wool coat with lining so I don't want someone to mess it up.

Nike's charging $500 for their Destroyer jackets now >: :smh:. Wasn't it $450 last year? I regret not getting one last year when it was on sale. I'm considering getting a custom TOJ varsity now instead.

Nike's charging $500 for their Destroyer jackets now >: :smh:. Wasn't it $450 last year? I regret not getting one last year when it was on sale. I'm considering getting a custom TOJ varsity now instead.

:lol: :x

Last edited:
^
The all black one was nice but it's not $500 nice and not even $450 nice last year. I tried it on in the store and it fit great but the leather on the sleeves felt kind of cheap. Should be priced around $300 or less.

It's nice, but to me not even $300 nice.

Same goes with that Nike Windrunner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom