OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

Just sucks that it seems like USAB is going out of their way to send a token invite to DMC, only to really give him ZERO shot at cracking the roster. It's a damn shame if that's the case. Especially to do it to a player who has continually shown enthusiasm and dedication to the program
mean.gif
so what happened last year?
He definitely did not have a good showing in last year's USAB Showcase, but he was there for the 3 day-long mini camp and by all accounts had a much better attitude than the previous '12 year; which is a lot more than most guys can say who having luke warm interest in representing the red, white and blue.

Regardless, that marks 3 straight years of dedication to the program, I think he has more than shown his desire to be apart of the squad.

Last edited:
I never even paid attention to or thought about FIBA jersey number thing. :lol: Good to know.

Remember when the Kyrie Duke games thing was used in reference to how he would do in the NBA? Good times.

that was only 12 games right??

--Always wondered when these players get cut, how do they take it personally? I mean if you think about it they have been the best at every stop on their path to the NBA. And to get cut, just wonder how they react to it. Takes me back to when Coach K and Rajon Rondo did not see eye to eye and rumor got out he was going to get cut. Next thing you know Rondo pulls out because of "personal reasons" the day before the final roster was announced.

Rondo didn't get along with Derrick Rose, and their beef played out in front of everyone at training camp. There's probably enough to that story that warrants a "30 For 30" short lol.

Last edited:
I know he's always been skinny and it might just be the lighting but someone needs to get KD a cheeseburger stat.

--Always wondered when these players get cut, how do they take it personally? I mean if you think about it they have been the best at every stop on their path to the NBA. And to get cut, just wonder how they react to it. Takes me back to when Coach K and Rajon Rondo did not see eye to eye and rumor got out he was going to get cut. Next thing you know Rondo pulls out because of "personal reasons" the day before the final roster was announced.
laugh.gif
 I remember that. Smart move by Rajon to save face. 

But whats the story behind his beef with D Rose?

:lol:  I remember that. Smart move by Rajon to save face. 

But whats the story behind his beef with D Rose?

It seems like DRose took his starting spot on that team and Rondo took it personally. It's not like Derrick even talks, he's not going to piss anyone off.

Duke fans bragging about the 2 weeks worth of games Kyrie played :rolleyes

College basketball as a whole lucked up, I'm still convinced that team would've went undefeated.

Rose/Kyrie/Curry
Harden
PG/Klay/Parson
KD/Milsap or Faried
AD/Drum/Mason

Last edited:
I just keep thinking of the prison chanting music from The Dark Knight Rises whenever I see Rose with the ball :lol:

Featuring cousins early, must be known across the board he is borderline....

--this has the look and flow of a game during the all star break, but for players who got snubbed

Last edited:
Note to self never take anybody serious talking basketball on NT unless it's in the college thread

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom