OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

Just saw the video :x

He just needs to Derrick Rose his way back hopefully he'll be fine

Still in a state of shock at the extent of the injury. I'm inclined to believe that there would be some dialogue in the next few days held between these respective players GM's and FIBA representatives. Will players get pulled from FIBA World Cup play....? Doubtful, but......a dialogue will occur I'm frankly certain of it.

Could have happened anywhere, anytime. Guys have been playing FIBA for decades and this is the first major injury to occur to an American player in a FIBA-related event. Stuff happens.

Shaun Livingston almost had the same exact injury and came back, but of course he was wasn't anywhere close to how explosive he used to be. This is probably going to make George a role player now and that's really sad. 
mean.gif

The injury did not happen exclusively because George was playing for team USA or getting ready for a FIBA event.

I hope the talking heads keep this in mind.

Might push the 21 under thing for these events...think it was being talked about lightly if I'm not mistaken

Shaun Livingston almost had the same exact injury and came back, but of course he was wasn't anywhere close to how explosive he used to be. This is probably going to make George a role player now and that's really sad. :smh:

Livingston shredded his knee in every which way. That was completely different.

Damn prayers for George man. Hope he just broke his leg and didn't damage his knee

Same man, hope it's just a broken leg. The bone will heal and be fine, if so. Torn ligaments are a different story. I'll be praying and hoping for a speedy recovery for PG.

The injury did not happen exclusively because George was playing for team USA or getting ready for a FIBA event.

I hope the talking heads keep this in mind.

I concur wholeheartedly with this without question and an injury of this magnitude could've happened under a wealth of many different circumstances. I hope the Basketball "powers" at be bear this in mind as well! But as we digress, let's just hope for the best first and foremost for this young man and a healthy while swift recovery.

Rough year for PG man :smh:

Pray for him, his fam, and the Pacers organization.

Cancel this FIBA stuff man, let the college boys run in the olys like the old days :smh:

Sorry but this could of been avoided. There wasn't enough clearance to land for players used to the room. You can see George jump for the block and without thinking, land backwards like he normally does. This is a freak accident where it hit at the right time and right place.

Sad to see a player, a team, and the fans be robbed of a season from this. I wish him all the best in recovering as he will have the best treatment at his disposal. However it all lies on luck and determination to get back to where he was. I hope this break is just worser then it seems.

I'll pray for you PG. . .thats coming from a rival fan. . .This isn't how you over-come a team.​
. .

Nah, just saw the video again. It's pretty much identical. 

Shaun Livingston tore his ACL, PCL, lateral meniscus and strained his MCL (all injuries confined to the knee area). Paul George suffered a compound fracture of his tibia and fibula. Those are NOT identical injuries.

Faried looked a hell of a lot better than Drummond. That dude had one of the worst performances you could possibly have :lol:

Hayward and Parsons also looked pretty bad. Wall and Lillard didn't have the best games either.

Kyrie played under control, didn't force things and you could see he was really going all out on defense. I've never seen Steph play the defense he played last night too. Him and Klay were straight going at eachother.

I also don't wanna hear another D-Rose joke again after the explosiveness I saw out of him last night.

Faried didn't belong on the floor?
laugh.gif
acting like dude is a scrub. Every player in camp from Korver to Faried to Parsons to Durant belongs and has a role. Whether it's to be an alternate in case of injury or to serve as a specialty player. Faried showed his value last night with what he does every game, rebounding, energy and hustle.

Plums jersey (or shirt) will be copped :smokin

Srs.
man, if him being in the squad wasn't coming at the price of Cousins' missing out, I'd probably want a Plumlee shirt for the lulz :lol:

(I have a Raef Lafrentz 2002 USA jersey :rofl:)

Last edited:
Faried would be a good fit just for his rebounding and energy alone.

Back
Top Bottom