OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

No one is doubting his basketball knowledge or his expertise but Fran's commentating is different this year. I have no problem letting him cook.

We've all listened to Fran for years as he explained the intricacies of FIBA Basketball and provided valuable insight but this year he's moving away from that to hyping up how he watched X or Y player since they were 5 and how he knew they had potential.

Ehh

He's the only commentator that has a lot of knowledge when it comes to international basketball. He's gonna come off that way no matter what and I have no issue with him projecting players we might see in the nba down the road

He's like a Mel Kiper which is another guy y'all throw these same remarks at

Last edited:
Fran's insights are miles ahead of Kiper's. 
sick.gif

Manimal was the game changer really. Dude just keeps going. The gaurds were out there playing and1 ball again
Yes to all of this. The guards are dumb

And Manimal was the game changer. I'll admit when the roster was set and they had Manimal starting in the exhibition games, i said there is no way they should start him in the tournament, they should start a 4 that has some range.  But he's been outstanding. Nobody in FIBA can deal with his size, athleticism, and hustle

Yes to all of this. The guards are dumb

And Manimal was the game changer. I'll admit when the roster was set and they had Manimal starting in the exhibition games, i said there is no way they should start him in the tournament, they should start a 4 that has some range.  But he's been outstanding. Nobody in FIBA can deal with his size, athleticism, and hustle

Yup. The dribble dribble basketball isn't going to do it because 1. They don't get the foul calls, and 2. International teams play better D now.

The good international teams just play smarter d now. And it also helps that where international teams are pretty strong at are their bigs. They're pretty weak in the wing position but all the good teams seem to have at least one NBA big so that helps when it comes to protecting the rim.

Asik is one of the best help defenders in the NBA and he's good at protecting the rim without getting in foul trouble so it's not surprising if our guards were having trouble yesterday.

Over dribbling won't be an issue. It only looked bad because we weren't shooting well.

Senegal with a nice upset....missed the 4th qtr but it's nice seeing African teams keep up (besides Nigeria who's usually filled with 2nd generation players)

Man...it feels so awkward watching Andre Blatche play for the Philippines. We all know you only got that passport for the tournament.

Last edited:
Look so much better with Blatche off the floor

Dudes a cancer to teams all around the world

Last edited:
Stopped watching it the last 5 mins....did they bring Blatche back and lose the lead?

Argentina just took back the lead. Blatche was still on the bench. Philippines turned it over a bunch to end the half. Argentina hit a lucky three at the buzzer.

Stopped watching it the last 5 mins....did they bring Blatche back and lose the lead?

:lol: nah they lost the lead due to turnovers and ARG hit some 3s. they did bring Blatche back in, he had a nice baseline drive for a layup but otherwise minimal damage

Back
Top Bottom