Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

For now I would recommend assisted for everything since you are still new. Once you get used to the game play and speed of the game then you could tinker with the controller ettings. I personally use Semi for shots, passing, and crossing. It requires a little more precision but if you pick out a perfect shot or pass it's golden.

Oh one thing you definitely must do is turn Analog Run or whatever on. It makes you run faster the harder you press on sprint. I don't know why EA has it set off but it makes a huge difference when catching up on defense or sprinting through on goal.

To stiff arm or shield you hold LT when a defender is behind you. Doesn't work all the time but give it a shot. Also don't be afraid to stop play and pass backwards if someone is gonna close you out. Always a good tip to keep possession of the ball.

damn good looks on the info, repped. I have a bad habit of holding down sprint :smh: Im a fast-paced player. my defense is good I can tackle and block crosses and corners. my passing is decent its just ball handling/dribbling and passing defenders I need major work on

Merry Christmas Fellas. MLS TOTS released today.

I sold my IF Graham Zusi card for 350K and bought his new blue TOTS card for 33K.

After selling a few other cards (IF 86 overall James, Jackson Martinez Green card, Falcao) I have about 660K sitting in my bank.

After I win the online tourney I am planning to sell my MLS guys because all of their prices are way jacked up, then just buy them back in about a week or two.

With all of my profit I plan on grabbing TOTS Dempsey and TOTS Donovan as well as a couple others.

Anyone making a FIFA 15 thread? Only a month away but it feels like forever.
Think there is one already buried in General.

Good games @DaBottom305, I felt like I had some flukey goals though
laugh.gif
*shrug*

Is it me or the game got a little harder I've been plaing for a long time and it's like the game got really hard over night..... Anyone care to explain?

You talking about single player or online? I had my boy say the same thing. He played since 02 but haven't played any recent FIFAs since 10. We brought up auto tackles, interceptions, and blocked shots. I mean it happens in real life but a majority of the time in FIFA it's super unrealistic and scripted heavily.

Before 12 I don't think auto assistance was heavily used in the game and defending required more patience and skill. Nowadays you can just run close to the attacking player and the game tackles him for you. It's even worse playing the computers because they basically read your every movements. FIFA has been dumbed down heavily and integrated too much defensive controls to the AI so I can see how it seems harder.

I put my firewall security set to low, added port fowarding and even tried setting my router to dmz. still doesnt show my friends online. I can play online but cant see a friends list to invite people. what gives? :smh:

Last edited:
You on the 360? My GT is ThatBoyWavy21 if you wanna add me. I'm down to run Co-Op with anyone on here. No mic since my Turtle Beaches died out on me and I'm saving up for the One so I'm not looking to buy a headset in the near future.

I can adapt to any play style and I'm a pass first type of dude. Don't mind running Co-Op or add people to me and my boys club. We need a striker or a good creative or holding midfielder. Defenders or goalkeepers are also a plus.

Last edited:
Playing 2 vs 2 and your partner can't finish or create chances for me. :frown:

Or you spot someone making a run/getting into space, and you give your partner the pass that would lead to the next pass to hit the runner and he can never spot it.

You combine those 3 things and there's just no point of playing with that person :lol:

Playing 2 vs 2 and your partner can't finish or create chances for me. :frown:

Or you spot someone making a run/getting into space, and you give your partner the pass that would lead to the next pass to hit the runner and he can never spot it.

You combine those 3 things and there's just no point of playing with that person :lol:

:lol: Yup. Add in him losing possession any time he's in the midfield, and it's damn near impossible.
Me and my friends had a little 2 vs 2 tourney(4 teams), I carry us to the final and we lost 2-0. I scored 1 goal out of the 3 chances I had in 4 games :lol: . In the final, we have a mini break.. Im at the top of the box with muller, two defenders close on my shot so i dribble around them, then I pass it to my boy for a simple tap in. He misses and then they score to go up 2-0

Straight
View media item 1124727

You talking about single player or online? I had my boy say the same thing. He played since 02 but haven't played any recent FIFAs since 10. We brought up auto tackles, interceptions, and blocked shots. I mean it happens in real life but a majority of the time in FIFA it's super unrealistic and scripted heavily.

Before 12 I don't think auto assistance was heavily used in the game and defending required more patience and skill. Nowadays you can just run close to the attacking player and the game tackles him for you. It's even worse playing the computers because they basically read your every movements. FIFA has been dumbed down heavily and integrated too much defensive controls to the AI so I can see how it seems harder.

View media item 1126014

Noobfest to push copy The EA Way
Tactical defending doesn't exist anymore just high aggression/pressure plus bumping into players and slide tackle spammers :smh:
Game as been super dumbed down since 09 can't even get 1-2's off dudes will impede the recieving player everytime with zero fouls called :x

Yea I think they stopped calling fouls on the bumps because 1-2s were OP before. Instead of finding a way to make it realistic they just let you get fouled :lol:

******* fouls.

They NEED to fix that **** next year. I play a lot of career mode and the CPU is NEVER called for fouls.

There's been so many instances where I go into a replay and it's a clear ******* foul and it's never called.

******* fouls.

They NEED to fix that **** next year. I play a lot of career mode and the CPU is NEVER called for fouls.

There's been so many instances where I go into a replay and it's a clear ******* foul and it's never called.
Same complaint. I play mostly career mode with my created character. Nothing worse then watching the computer grab your shoulder and cut in front of you to steal the ball and never getting called for it.

Last edited:
Finally Killin nuhs on Xbox live 360 come Holla at SUPNUH if ya want that a** tapped

Edit: MASTERED

Last edited:
This game be on some ******** sometimes. I have Hummels, Pogba, Kompany, and Klose on my squad. Instead of matching them up with my opponents bigger players, they put iniesta, modric, and hazard on them. Klose was out there covering the short corner with kompany at the top of the boxt :smh:

good games last night peeSN.  It's been great fellow FIFA 14ers, but i'm gonna have to sell this weekend while they're still willing to give me more than $5 after FIFA 15 releases. 

Add me for FIFA 15 for PS4 9/23/2014.  Definitely gotta start some sort of tourney or league.

Last edited:
I was worried i might have to use a different team in FIFA 15, since Liverpool probably gonna be a 5* team this year and Suarez leaving, but Balotelli and Sturridge up top?  Two big bodies, i can dig it, bring on the Barcas and the Reals 
devil.gif

"Ninja, I'm a king, need a horn and a drumroll. They throw mother ****** roses at my feet, ninja. I don't step on one rose."

My squad, "The Regime"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom