::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

we'll be fine. two more tune up games to go against what should be better competition.

funny to see soooo many opinions in here that i dont normally see in the official footie thread..

ronaldo/germany will feast on our back line... sad but very true.. with that being said we will not make it out of our group :smh: . Ronaldo apart, they still have a way better back line and i would argue a stronger MF.

and yes i would take reus over neymar at this current time.. not to say he wont have a good wc but on current form reus is a no brainer.

Last edited:
If Costa is healthy, Spain is winning it all. But if he's not Del Bosque will go back to the tiki taka false 9 BS and they'll get knocked out around the semis.

If not Spain, then Germany...but only if Khedira, Bastian, etc can get healthy again. Injuries the only thing holding them back IMO.

My top 5 to win.

1. Spain
2. Germany
3. Argentina
4. Brazil 
5. Italy

Writing off El Nino going in for the 3-peat? :nerd:

View media item 996665View media item 996666

Cementing myself for this thread.

Pulling double duty rooting for USA and Italy. More excited for Italy's group games though, USA doesn't excite me :\ .

View media item 996714

Last edited:
Rooting for the US but my hopes aren’t that high.

I think Brazil wins it all. That home field advantage is no joke.

I think Argentina will look amazing in the group stage and gets knocked out early in the next round.

Don’t know what to think of that 0-7 no European team has ever won a World Cup in the Americas stat.

Last edited:
Holy crap... What an inspirational commercial (from the Bank of Chile) aimed at the Chilean national team. Features the 33 miners that were trapped for 2 months in a mine in 2010, the longest in history.

The one miner is telling the team, "Nothing is impossible. My message to our Chile team is that we’re going to win. They have the talent and a whole country behind them and they must battle until the end. There are harder things in life and you can conquer them. Chile will not only pass to the second round, but it will surprise everyone.”

Damn.... :smokin

Last edited:
funny to see soooo many opinions in here that i dont normally see in the official footie thread..
cause most of these dudes in here don't even be in the football thread. they're just casual football fans who only watch every 4 years >D

ronaldo/germany will feast on our back line... sad but very true.. with that being said we will not make it out of our group :smh: . Ronaldo apart, they still have a way better back line and i would argue a stronger MF.

and yes i would take reus over neymar at this current time.. not to say he wont have a good wc but on current form reus is a no brainer.

Current form Reus is :x

He is going to have a good WC based on his form. The US' backline....just:smh:

Sad but true

sy3yuv.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh that romario bebeto image imprinted in my brain forever even though I was only 10 years old . This summer will be my first real vacation and its to Brasil and for the world cup . Dream come true

How many of y'all are going to the WC?

Although they are not among the most spectacular Brazil sides ever, I think Brazil will win the tournament on July 13.

I know everybodys darkhorse pick is Belgium
But I think the South American teams like Colombia and Chile are going to make some noise especially Colombia

For anyone that follows soccer, is Belgium even a sleeper at this point? Would anyone be shocked if Hazard and Lukaku scored and Courtois led them to beat Portugal/US and Argentina?

For anyone that follows soccer, is Belgium even a sleeper at this point? Would anyone be shocked if Hazard and Lukaku scored and Courtois led them to beat Portugal/US and Argentina?
I wouldnt be shocked or call them sleepers. They have the quality on paper to play any country and give them a good game. To the casual fans, they probably are. Great keepers, good CBs (they lack fullbacks), great midfield and I'm expecting good things from Lukkaku or Benteke if healthy.

They could either show up and show the world their depth and talent, or fail miserably. They have a golden generation of players right now, even their team in the next 4 years will hypothetically look good on paper.

I would call them sleepers because they havnt proved it as a squad in a big stage tourny

Back
Top Bottom