***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

I don't know, I wish I had some of my old kicks to compare, but from what I remember its the same, and I am talking about Reebok, since I know them more than anything else. 

I don't want to derail the FILA thread, but I remember the Preacher having some funky synthetic material in '96 and it was really supple.

Anyways you guys have my interest piqued in the '96 so I'm gonna check out my local spot during my lunch break and see if there's any deals to be had.

Grabbed a pair of the All-Star 96 today from FNL.com. I saw they had my size left and couldn't pass it up for $39.98. I'll use them for outdoor hoops this spring/summer if they are as comfortable as everyone says.

I don't want to derail the FILA thread, but I remember the Preacher having some funky synthetic material in '96 and it was really supple.

Anyways you guys have my interest piqued in the '96 so I'm gonna check out my local spot during my lunch break and see if there's any deals to be had.
That on the Preacher was called Clarino Synthetic Upper, which was a very interesting lightweight material. 

Last edited:
dont know if neone has a citi trends (hood clothing store) near em but they carry fila now.

Saw the white blue and all black stacks
All black 96s and black ice bottom 96
Other styles

All 39.99

Damn! Any idea if they ship?

Yeah my question too, I would love to cop white blue spaghetti and a few other models. 

Wat sz do u guys wear

Naaaaaw lol they dont ship.

Theres 2 locations where I live.
Was gonna hit up the other one to see if they had sum more.

I wear size 9 was considering the black ice pair of 96s. What state are you in?

Found these in the graveyard. Are they a Stackhouse version? I don't remember what they are. 3M'd out, kind of like a Hill/Stack mashup of some sort.

Can't say I remember those but they look more like a Jamal mashburn style to me. I'm probably completely wrong tho

I just love the comfort of these, its absolutely amazing. For the colorway, I have a lot more Black/Red/White than anything else, so those White/Blue are just a breath of fresh air in my collection. Now I am really tempted to cop the Grey one too, such an awesome colorway. 

So my local spot had these for about $60 CDN and I ended picking them up. They also had the red suede joints and those looked great on the shelf, but no so great on the feet (at least for me). I did press the midsoles on the red pair and they were softer than the midsoles on the grey pair as someone had pointed out recently.

Padding and sockliner on the '96s is great but not as comfy as Reebok out of the box. Maybe it'll get better with a few wears but make no mistake it's still leagues ahead of some Nike/JB retro. Build quality and materials are top notch for the price that Fila is asking (the red pair was $80 CDN) - plus they throw in 2 sets of laces! The shoe replicates that big, bulky, heavy feeling of the mid 90s very well - an era where clothes were loose fitting, 'Hip Pop' did not exist and the Spice Girls were probably the only ones rockin' leather pants.

The '95 joints were on sale too but it would a crime to buy a pair and support the horrid shape. Hopefully KiddFuture can reach out to his higher-ups or the factory and get them to do something about it.

Found these in the graveyard. Are they a Stackhouse version? I don't remember what they are. 3M'd out, kind of like a Hill/Stack mashup of some sort.

How superstitious are you fam? It generally ain't a good idea to bring a dead man's possessions home - that is unless you're a grave-robber...

So my local spot had these for about $60 CDN and I ended picking them up. They also had the red suede joints and those looked great on the shelf, but no so great on the feet (at least for me). I did press the midsoles on the red pair and they were softer than the midsoles on the grey pair as someone had pointed out recently.

Padding and sockliner on the '96s is great but not as comfy as Reebok out of the box. Maybe it'll get better with a few wears but make no mistake it's still leagues ahead of some Nike/JB retro. Build quality and materials are top notch for the price that Fila is asking (the red pair was $80 CDN) - plus they throw in 2 sets of laces! The shoe replicates that big, bulky, heavy feeling of the mid 90s very well - an era where clothes were loose fitting, 'Hip Pop' did not exist and the Spice Girls were probably the only ones rockin' leather pants.

The '95 joints were on sale too but it would a crime to buy a pair and support the horrid shape. Hopefully KiddFuture can reach out to his higher-ups or the factory and get them to do something about it.
I've addressed the 95 situation many times... @vood99  please understand that we are not cutting corners with these releases. Honestly, we are not sitting here asking ourselves how we can save on cash. What we are doing is speaking with retailers and forecasting our role as a brand as well as what they see.... If they don't like it they won't carry it, they don't carry it what is the point of making it? To be honest many complain about the 95, many don't.... Those who love the OG we respect your thoughts and have heard you out... loud and clear. Please understand that we can not bring back outdated materials. What you describe as horrid the next man describes as clean... To each is his own. As far as the future... please be patient... So much is around the corner. 

My next post let me update you on what the "Heritage" category is doing right now!

How superstitious are you fam? It generally ain't a good idea to bring a dead man's possessions home - that is unless you're a grave-robber...
laugh.gif
 Id feel bad if that were the case, anyone who would be buried in a pair of DS Fila's would be a kindred spirit more likely to pass through the ether and haunt me.

Last edited:
that besides the point. the fila 95 should not cost more now at a stripped down version than before to a much better version and ten bucks cheaper...

i would not pay 89 for what the are releasing... it sucks because i was anticipating the white/white/navy colorway coming out next year but if it looks like the two releasing this week hell noo...

go from this

to this

they did it to the cages and spaghettis too. i guess thats what happens when you cut costs

Bros I thought I'd bump up this excellent evaluation by NK on the differences between prior incarnations of the '95s an the current retro. This is to add context to my criticism of the '95 in my small review of the '96.

I've addressed the 95 situation many times... @vood99  please understand that we are not cutting corners with these releases. Honestly, we are not sitting here asking ourselves how we can save on cash. What we are doing is speaking with retailers and forecasting our role as a brand as well as what they see.... If they don't like it they won't carry it, they don't carry it what is the point of making it? To be honest many complain about the 95, many don't.... Those who love the OG we respect your thoughts and have heard you out... loud and clear. Please understand that we can not bring back outdated materials. What you describe as horrid the next man describes as clean... To each is his own. As far as the future... please be patient... So much is around the corner. 

My next post let me update you on what the "Heritage" category is doing right now!
The og Hill is one of my favs of all time...I've bought probably over a dozen pairs of OG and various re-releases... even one pair in an Ostrich/Ecru colorway.
laugh.gif
 I gotta say the latest version gets a little bit of a bad rap, but it's not bad at all. The all black joints are underated as hell, particularly.

Man, vood99 vood99 why'd you have to bring that post by NK back up? Was about to purchase some 95s for 39.99 tomorrow. That post just made me not want to again, :lol: :smh: .

vood99 my man, you have to admit that Royal 95 looks good, I disliked the OG Hill back in 94 and never wanted to buy them, but the Royal pair looks mega clean, it could be because you can't see the lower cut of the leather between the Filabuck upper and the midsole, still plan to scoop up a pair and review it. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom