***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

So what do you guys think of the new releases ?

i like the MB, the bubbles are ok and i'm not a fan of the other model

Yep, that was FILA's first time retroing the Stack 2. I was disappointed with the craftsmanship, as much as I love FILA. I'm not gonna sugar coat anything. Who knows if that OG colorway will ever come out again, if it does I hope they do it right.
FILA Stack 2 Ad.png

so mad i missed out on the stack2 so bad :sick::smh:

Say word? What was the problem?

A sloppy job/paint chipping.

Aside from the retro having some changes, like the red stripes didn't go down to the midsoles. The FILA side logo wasn't the same as the OG, etc. Still these changes weren't a deal breaker, I still accepted it, what I don't accept is FILA selling us a bad product.

Here's a pic of the OG
FILA Stack 2 OG.jpg

redrum3281 redrum3281 My brotha don't feel bad, cause the craftsmanship was terrible with the paint chipping, etc. You never know maybe down the line we'll see another retro again, and you'll be able to scoop them up, hopefully if a retro treatment happens again. It will look up to par. Also they never retroed the OG White Carolina Blue Colorway of the Stack 2. They should also retro those joints.

Last edited:
redrum3281 redrum3281 My brotha don't feel bad, cause the craftsmanship was terrible with the paint chipping, etc. You never know maybe down the line we'll see another retro again, and you'll be able to scoop them up, hopefully if a retro treatment happens again. It will look up to par. Also they never retroed the OG White Carolina Blue Colorway of the Stack 2. They should also retro those joints.

i just wanted the grey new materials pair but i slept hard when they wore low on ebay and now they're gone, i finally found a 11.5 at a ross to try on and they were too big but it finally gave me a chance to get a good sizing on these, but it was def too late when that happened, oh well i got the info now so if i see i can scoop

i just wanted the grey new materials pair but i slept hard when they wore low on ebay and now they're gone, i finally found a 11.5 at a ross to try on and they were too big but it finally gave me a chance to get a good sizing on these, but it was def too late when that happened, oh well i got the info now so if i see i can scoop

Oh those. They're cool.

So what do you guys think of the new releases ?

Would totally wear #2 & #3. Don't really go with maroon, so those Mashburns are out (they do look nice though).

Like Trent says, Fila need to max out the use of these moulds before they start up anything else. I'm not holding my breath for other '90s gems just yet.

A sloppy job/paint chipping.

Aside from the retro having some changes, like the red stripes didn't go down to the midsoles. The FILA side logo wasn't the same as the OG, etc. Still these changes weren't a deal breaker, I still accepted it, what I don't accept is FILA selling us a bad product.

Here's a pic of the OG
FILA Stack 2 OG.jpg
Damn ! I never noticed wtf. The fila letters was also bolder (better).
I hear you on the paint chipping, the paint chipping happened on my grant hill 2 aka the 96' as well, that really sucks, i also noticed poor round cutting on my fila bubbles at the back ''the sensors'' LOL.

Hell yeah the UNC colorway, i seen somebody is selling a pair of these still new. I really like the idea of detailed infos inside the tongue where it says the month and the date when they were produced.

Grimee Grimee I want those Grant Hill Ampspeed PEs to retro
Grant Hill wearing the FILA Ampspeed PE.jpg

And I'll match it with the vintage Fiorentina Batistuta Long Sleeve Soccer Jersey
Gabriel Batistuta and Juan Sebastián Verón.jpg
Yes i've seen those before, but my fav remains GH 1's and 2's, but dope matching with a jersey!
Almost forgot to ask, i've purchased Fila ''Squadron'' about 2 years ago, i found it odd, why there aren't any info. about this model online, release date, absolutely nothing that this model existed lol ?? They seem very similar to ''m-squad'' model though.

Yes i've seen those before, but my fav remains GH 1's and 2's, but dope matching with a jersey!
Almost forgot to ask, i've purchased Fila ''Squadron'' about 2 years ago, i found it odd, why there aren't any info. about this model online, release date, absolutely nothing that this model existed lol ?? They seem very similar to ''m-squad'' model though.
Cool, great choices GH1 & 2 and thanks...

Yeah, I can def see the similarities between the two. Not finding info on the Squadron. I think it has to do with the Squadron being a more newer model from 20??, as opposed to it being from their back catalog. Heck, a lot of times you're on your own. Unless you yourself have some knowledge pertaining whatever model it maybe or you find a sneaker blog that has some info on the shoe. Or if a FILA employee decides to shed some light on the model, etc. Well yeah, that's how it goes sometimes with these obscure FILA models.

Prime example: What's the name of this model? I don't know, but this model is fire...
Vintage FILA Ad.png

A FILA employee didn't even know its name. Such a beautiful shoe, that font really stands out. It's different and crazy. Just like the Mindblower model, it reminds me of a Graffiti signature.

Last edited:

It's a pity they did the Stack 2 dirty with the horrendous paint and the pre-yellowed soles and plastic tabs. The leather quality, sock-liner padding and overall comfort were on point.

FILA does some aspects of their retro sneakers correctly and other aspects totally incorrect. Their clothing has been quite decent lately though.

It's crazy to think that in todays modern world, the FILA model that has a HUGE cult following is the Disruptor II. It amazes me cause that shoe is mad bulky compared to the other classic models, and simply based on its features you would think that they would gravitate to a much less bulkier model, but nope. Just go on YouTube and you'll see a bunch of peoples Disruptor II reviews/on feet vids. They're also mad popular on Instagram. The facts speak for themselves.

At the end of the day, I'm glad to know that FILA is poppin again. With FILA's resurgence, I get this nostalgic feeling of when I was growing up in the 90s, and how the kids at my school was swagged out with some FILA gear/kicks.

Cool, great choices GH1 & 2 and thanks...

Yeah, I can def see the similarities between the two. Not finding info on the Squadron. I think it has to do with the Squadron being a more newer model from 20??, as opposed to it being from their back catalog. Heck, a lot of times you're on your own. Unless you yourself have some knowledge pertaining whatever model it maybe or you find a sneaker blog that has some info on the shoe. Or if a FILA employee decides to shed some light on the model, etc. Well yeah, that's how it goes sometimes with these obscure FILA models.

Prime example: What's the name of this model? I don't know, but this model is fire...
Vintage FILA Ad.png

A FILA employee didn't even know its name. Such a beautiful shoe, that font really stands out. It's different and crazy. Just like the Mindblower model, it reminds me of a Graffiti signature.

No doubt! It really is similar to mindblower.
Btw the Fila employees did not replied to my question on those black mid 90s joints i've posted earlier here lol.

No doubt! It really is similar to mindblower.
Btw the Fila employees did not replied to my question on those black mid 90s joints i've posted earlier here lol.

It happens, sometimes even the guys at FILA don't have the answers. True story, when I used to be on fb, someone told me that he asked one FILA's employees if they was thinking of retroing the Riddick Bowe FILA Cross Trainers, and the employee answered with, we never had a Riddick Bowe shoe. That's crazy, he works at FILA and he didn't even know this. He probably was one of those Millennials, who don't know jack about FILA's back catalog, but that shouldn't be an excuse and even more so if you represent the brand. I'm also a Millennial, but I know a lil something about FILA's rich history, and I'm not a FILA employee at all.

Last edited:
It happens, sometimes even the guys at FILA don't have the answers. True story, when I used to be on fb, someone told me that he asked one FILA's employees if they was thinking of retroing the Riddick Bowe FILA Cross Trainers, and the employee answered with, we never had a Riddick Bowe shoe. That's crazy, he works at FILA and he didn't even know this. He probably was one of those Millennials, who don't know jack about FILA's back catalog, but that shouldn't be an excuse and even more so if you represent the brand. I'm also a Millennial, but I know a lil something about FILA's rich history, and I'm not a FILA employee at all.

Wow, say word ? That's a shame! They need to revisit the history asap.. same here born the in late 80s lol.
The model i first asked, i've been thinking of to put it online for sale, what do you think, what kind of price would be fair?

Back
Top Bottom