***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

UPS came, opened the box and saw a smudge. Pissed about that but geeked got my pair. Prolly post some pix later ... Also the box is dope!

Mine had a small smudge as well. A blue mark on the midsole. But it came right off with foot Locker sneaker cleaner

yea people need to come off that jordan retro train. with colorways like the fresh prince v it makes it easy to buy fila, reebok, and adidas retros..

and here's the smudge I was speaking of (was thinking of hitting it with some Jason Markk):

overall digging the quality and comfort of this shoe. 13 year old me is happy, just many years later! 

Last edited:
We must be close in age cuz was 12 when I originally had them lol.

I just got Jason markk a couple days ago but haven't used it yet. Hopefully it's as good as everybody says it is

damn that sucks. hope mine dont come marked up. ive been looking for something to repair the white midsole of my nike air raids. they have turned yellow on some parts of the midsole. got any suggestions?

those red 2's in the right corner look interesting. kinda feeling the suns colorway too

Last edited:
@Skep yeah man, about to be 30 in a few months. The Jason Markk has brung back to life a couple of kicks that soap and water wasn't really doing the trick, highly recommend it. If you like the footlocker stuff after using Jason Markk you'll prolly never use it again. 

@NobleKane - try using the retrobrite stuff. It works on yellowed soles beautifully. I must forewarn you though it's not a permanent solution but if you put a good batch on it, it should last you a while.

For everyone else on the hunt for the Olys, WISH put up some more sizes:

http://wishatl.com/store/FILA-96-Olympic--P8676.aspx#.UgT8eNJwqKw

those red 2's in the right corner look interesting
those caught me too, since I couldn't hop on the all red Ewings, was thinking that would be the only non OG colorway (other than the recent cements) I'd get. I hear they are all suede though, just something I heard so don't quote me on it.

those caught me too, since I couldn't hop on the all red Ewings, was thinking that would be the only non OG colorway (other than the recent cements) I'd get. I hear they are all suede though, just something I heard so don't quote me on it.

they do look all suede or nubuck type in that pic as well except for the patent leather red strip.. the suns colorway looks to be all suede/nubuck as well except for the patent leather strip. they should have done that with the black/white colorway that was already released.

Feelin the GH1s with the red eyelets. Probably wouldn't cop though, too similar to the OGs minus the color of the eyelets.

Sounds like a few of us are around 30. I'll be kicking the door the down in Dec.

yea people need to come off that jordan retro train. with colorways like the fresh prince v it makes it easy to buy fila, reebok, and adidas retros..

Just cop what you like. If I think it looks dope, I'm buying. Regardless of brand.

And if you want to still cop Filas, without much stress, you should hope everyone stays on the JB train

Feel kinda good passing on this because I showed myself that maybe I don't have an addiction lol. I was copping everything left and right so to pass on a shoe I really wanted, showed real restraint :D.

Feelin the GH1s with the red eyelets. Probably wouldn't cop though, too similar to the OGs minus the color of the eyelets.

Sounds like a few of us are around 30. I'll be kicking the door the down in Dec.

I cannot wait til the white/white/navy og colorway drops. my favorite grant hill one colorway. i do not believe they retroed that colorway before. could be wrong though

they do look all suede or nubuck type in that pic as well except for the patent leather red strip.. the suns colorway looks to be all suede/nubuck as well except for the patent leather strip. they should have done that with the black/white colorway that was already released.
I think they did that black and white colorway something bad. Wasn't diggin' that one. They could have done more.

I have a confession, for years I thought the GH1 was Hersey Hawkins shoes. They were my 4th of July shoe in 95. Got em because my mom felt the black More Uptempos didn't match my flag fit, lol. But I think I made the assumption they were Hawkins's shoes because he was in a commercial for them.

Got mine in from Wish already since I live just outside of ATL.  The quality on these is truly on point.  Got a bit of glue running along a portion where the midsole meets the upper.  It certainly isn't tiny but nothing major.  J Markk always gets rid of stuff like this for me but something about Fila's glue I guess IDK...wasn't able to get it off.  Regardless, I am extremely happy I didn't sleep on these.  They are so classic and so clean.  The materials seem really nice to me.  Just happy overall!

And I just got shipping confirmation from concepts less than an hour after purchase.i should have these in hand Monday.

@beansietime u just helped me finally lock down my size 12 while on break. much respect to u sir.

Back
Top Bottom