***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

My guess, they just pushing everything out as fast as possible to clear out as much of their inventory as they can so they can rest in peace. No point in waiting for the inevitable, whether they put them out now or wait till few months later don't matter cause they will sit regardless. 
Well if they work harder, and retro stuff how most people want it to be retro'd, I think it is safe to say they would sell more.  Especially considering a lot of people's comments in this thread.  People really seem to be turned off by Fila right now on NT.

I know you say they are preparing to rest in peace, but do you really think that is what they are doing?  They have a whole line up of sneakers for 2014 and a few of them look promising.  Were you just speaking in jest?

Well if they work harder, and retro stuff how most people want it to be retro'd, I think it is safe to say they would sell more.  Especially considering a lot of people's comments in this thread.  People really seem to be turned off by Fila right now on NT.

I know you say they are preparing to rest in peace, but do you really think that is what they are doing?  They have a whole line up of sneakers for 2014 and a few of them look promising.  Were you just speaking in jest?
Well, technically I don't think it's about them working harder. It's gonna cost them more money to retro it the way the consumers want it. They modified the mold of the retro version of their sneakers to cut costs.

The "rest in peace" comment was made somewhat in jest, but I'm also somewhat serious as well. Their 2014 lineup doesn't look promising at all to me. Stackhouse 2s are a guaranteed flop IMO. Those Red 96's will move a couple units among the hardcore fans but outside of that nobody cares. People are gonna go after the real hypebeast "Red" sneakers like those Yeezy Red Octobers or those Jordan Legends of Summer 3s or whatever they're called.

Those hypbeast kicks are super limited though.  But yea everyone and their families will be after them.  

I don't think Fila is going anywhere for now.  Maybe in a couple years they will indeed rest in peace.  But they are going hard with releases and packs right now.  Saturating the market at a rapid pace.

well honestly good quality or crap quality fila is never going to make a dent in the retro market. the old school fila fanbase isnt big enough to support it on its own.

the only reason the white/navy colorway of the 96, their popular shoe and colorway, sold so well is because resellers thought they could turn a massive profit.

fila is never going to die due to the international market but they will never be popular in the usa either.

they stopped making moves when they stopped making signature shoes.

if they had a couple superstar endorsers with sig shoes currently they would get more recognition and exposure as a whole but they dont...

thus depending on shoes younger people and kids cannot relate to.

laugh.gif
 @ the 2 pac ones

IMO, the problem with FILA is the brand didnt survive pass the "Golden Era" of the sneaker business/culture. Only a handful, probably less, of they're products from the past are considered timeless. Certain models that may be classics amongst the sneaker culture aren't amongst the masses. This is in part of our generations doing. I feel like there was a point where the elitist, whether amongst your school class or in high society, frowned upon anyone wearing anything other than Nike/Jordan Brand product when it came to sneakers. Pretty much killing any other brand for the following generation. IMO, the only reason any of FILAs product is actually selling today is because the "sneaker culture" has reached a disgusting all-time high. We all the saw the GH2 rott on shelves some years ago. Hell, many didn't know the GH1 had ever retro'd, myself included, and their one of my all-time faves. The brand died during a time when whatever pop culture said goes, goes. Hard to resurrect from that.

Last edited:
IMO, the problem with FILA is the brand didnt survive pass the "Golden Era" of the sneaker business/culture. Only a handful, probably less, of they're products from the past are considered timeless. Certain models that may be classics amongst the sneaker culture aren't amongst the masses. This is in part of our generations doing. I feel like there was a point where the elitist, whether amongst your school class or in high society, frowned upon anyone wearing anything other than Nike/Jordan Brand product when it came to sneakers. Pretty much killing any other brand for the following generation. IMO, the only reason any of FILAs product is actually selling today is because the "sneaker culture" has reached a disgusting all-time high. We all the saw the GH2 rott on shelves some years ago. Hell, many didn't know the GH1 had ever retro'd, myself included, and their one of my all-time faves. The brand died during a time when whatever pop culture said goes, goes. Hard to resurrect from that.
so true, reebok basketball died from this same thing, and minus questions reebok retros aren't moving crazily, reebok in general as far as basketball goes is maybe a step of above fila basketball retros, and as much as i see us complaining about fila i never see anyone talk about adidas basketball shoes, just my ob so atleast fila gets talked about lol

Good point about Adidas. It's like the reaper came knocking and they didn't answer, lol. I think basketball tech and perfomance in their sneakers have kept them alive. And of course the JS collection(not a fan) and signing Rose(though numbers aren't that impressive), plus a number of well done collabs.

And yeah, Reebok suffered the same death. I wasn't a fan of the S. Carter and G-Unit mess, but surprisingly it resurrected the brand for a brief period. Or am I tripping? Weren't the S. and G-Units selling at a point?

Well, technically I don't think it's about them working harder. It's gonna cost them more money to retro it the way the consumers want it. They modified the mold of the retro version of their sneakers to cut costs.

The "rest in peace" comment was made somewhat in jest, but I'm also somewhat serious as well. Their 2014 lineup doesn't look promising at all to me. Stackhouse 2s are a guaranteed flop IMO. Those Red 96's will move a couple units among the hardcore fans but outside of that nobody cares. People are gonna go after the real hypebeast "Red" sneakers like those Yeezy Red Octobers or those Jordan Legends of Summer 3s or whatever they're called.

My man DreamTeam, FILA is churning out retro product like they are going out of business tomorrow. Compounded with the fact that their sneaker tooling are quite off and it simply is not a good look for them.

NK and some of the other cats stated that their product has ended up at a large volume clearance store in the past - seems like nothing's changed with them.

i might get the black red 96 if i have a discount. the logo on the tongue is supposed to have some red in it tho so they messed up on that part

if i didnt already have so many bred shoes as is i might be inclined to get these, plus the suede//nubuck has me kinda worried, though i want them ragging red 96s these might get grabbed on sale

WOW do those **** bootys at sole collector not know fila originally had lows for the fila hill 2?

who the **** runs that garbage site over there?

Via sc

The "Breds Pack" will release on October 24th at fila.com and select FILA retailers
I have to say the GHs and the Spaghettis look good. Better than some of the previous colorways. However I'm most likely not going to cop any more pairs.

The Road to Smoking Tobacco Pack arrives at midnight on fila.com kids. Be sure to have your bots tuned up and ready to go as I'm anticipating these will sell out in a matter of minutes.....

No, but in all seriousness I like the Stackhouse shoe in this pack. Just can't pay the retail price for them though.

EDIT: They're live as of 11:30 pm EST. Tried adding some sizes to the cart to see what sort of numbers they are working with and they do seem to be somewhat limited compared to the past few drops. Looks to be quantities in the single digits for some sizes

Last edited:
Are the GH 95's in stores, like Footlocker or Finishline?

Will be in the US in a month or so, are these sitting, or what?

Only in some finishlines. My finishlines do not carry them.

Also did they change the midsole color on the black red 96? I totally missed that. Looks dumb

same thing that justifies the price hike from nike of $10 every new release that drops. nothing.

I wish Fila would drop the OG version of the GH2 low, without the patent leather (black suede in place of it). I tweeted them about it, no response. Typical.

Does YCMC have coupon codes? I haven't been in this thread in months and I feel like I've seen them posted in here before. My apologies if I'm wrong.

same thing that justifies the price hike from nike of $10 every new release that drops. nothing.

No comparison from nike to fila though.

Fila is pubic hair compared to nike. They do not have the pull or fanbase to do some **** like that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom