Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Obviously they're on a different schedule, but several streamers already beat it plus did all of the high level dungeons plus the big level 99 hunt. I might be able to beat the main story this month depending on my weekends :lol:

Just got back from a work trip so I am going to push through a bunch this week.

Currently about 15 hours in, but only on chapter 4.

Couple things after playing extensively this weekend. Finished up Chapter eight (I think it's chapter 8, before you get to the second half that is supposedly more linear)

1. Watch Kingsglaive; I'm not sure how we were expected to understand the story without it. It's an okie doke on SE's part too. Some scenes from the E3 2013 FFXV reveal trailer are not in the game at all, only in Kingsglaive. :x the movie isn't even that good.

2. When you're actually dungeon crawling/killing monsters/doing Final Fantasy ****, the game is ******* amazing. A lot of the side quests are filler and fetch quests.

3. Summons are the most amazing things ever.

4. Mash/tap the attack button (like Kingdom Hearts) instead of holding it down. Also use Control Type B. Type A sucks. The combination of Type B and not holding to attack makes the combat feel more fluid and natural IMO.

Last edited:
Is there a big difference with the Day One version or the deluxe version?

I saw the eBay prices for the Ultimate Version 
sick.gif

Seriously wanna pull the trigger on this. Haven't played a FF since FFX and the only one I completed is FFVII. Been hearing a lot of good things about it too

Damn, my dude. The only game you've completed was 7?

Yo bros idk if it's cuz I'm not used to this **** anymore or what but simple things like learning how to craft spells in the tutorial and now getting around the map frustrated me.

Getting around the map has gotten significantly better now though since I went to options and I stopped the damn map from rotating lol

Last edited:
I love the game so far but the car rides is the only reason why I can't play this game for more than 2 hours at a time. I'm getting more parking spots so I can fast travel to certain places, but god damn that ish is boring. I stop the car a bunch of times to just to pick up stuff too.

Is there a big difference with the Day One version or the deluxe version?

I saw the eBay prices for the Ultimate Version 
sick.gif
I bought the day one version and the only thing that I got is a code for the masamune sword.

Yeah that car ish is boring as ****. Fast travel everywhere. Anywhere too far to walk where you cant fast travel, go by Chocobo. Chocobos are dirt cheap

Damn, my dude. The only game you've completed was 7?

Yo bros idk if it's cuz I'm not used to this **** anymore or what but simple things like learning how to craft spells in the tutorial and now getting around the map frustrated me.

Getting around the map has gotten significantly better now though since I went to options and I stopped the damn map from rotating lol

Don't bother crafting spells. Spells are useless and hurt the party as well.

Yeah that car ish is boring as ****. Fast travel everywhere. Anywhere too far to walk where you cant fast travel, go by Chocobo. Chocobos are dirt cheap
Don't bother crafting spells. Spells are useless and hurt the party as well.
Hold up!..... the party actually takes damage when you use a spell? I though when the party shivers after I use blizzard is just an animation for effect. Didn't even realize that they lost hp from it. 
I got the code for the Masamune sword too. How do you use it?
I don't know. I keep forgetting to use it and by the time I remember, I'm already in game and don't wanna deal with the load times 
laugh.gif

Spells will be necessary for high level dungeons.

The Masamune showed up for me in my gear. I don't think I had to do anything special to acquire it. It was good up until you leave the first area then you get access to weapons more powerful than it.

Do you guys like that you have to set up camp to level up? Lol

I actually don't mind it. Moreso because resting in hotels give you an experience multiplier. That mechanic could have been done differently, but I have no problems with it. It's somewhat gratifying to complete a dungeon, chapter or area and turn in your experience all at once and jump a few levels.

Yeah I do. It's an interesting twist to the leveling system.

I wanna throw Prompto's camera out the car.

Last edited:
I kind of disagree with spells. I think they are extremely useful and can do some serious damage when crafted with the right item.

I use Ignius' regroup ability to bring my party together before using them to avoid an serious damage to them.

I like that they have a day/night in the game btw. I do not think they've had that in any final fantasy, I've played.

My simple mind can only handle turn based. I dislike hack an slash games which is what it looks like they turned this series into.

With that being said 6 8 9 and 7 are must plays.

Im the minority when i say i enjoyed ff13 tho. Deep storyline.

Will cop this when it goes on sale. I need a ps4 too and a 4k tv smh.

So far it looks pretty repetitive but I'm only on chapter 1. Looks like hold O down, press D to dodge or parry, repeat.. If you wanna get fancy with it you can warp slash or whatever you call it...also hold l1 if you wanna bring in your teammates to tag team... Repeat. I'm just grinding on low level creatures but I do feel like with bosses the fighting will be lit..

I have mixed feelings about the autonomy with which my teammates operate. I'm used to having more control.

I like when I run around the map that they'll follow you everywhere. I think with 13 they will only follow you around in certain areas but if your exploring outside your teammates disappear and it's just you.

Chapters 1 and 2 still have the training wheels on, you can hack and slash through no problem for the most part. Once you run up on a couple of Coeurl's(mountain lions with lion whiskers) you'll change that approach quick, and probably be running for your life.

Anyone use the other battle mode, Wait? I have contemplated using it for the more difficult fights.

can u still control prompto and shoot in first person?

do they have a prompto vr game coming out?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom