Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

:lol:

And :lol: @ Future's music has substance

Futures music def has substance. It's just in a different form. Y'all can't listen to Hardly, My Savages, Codeine Crazy, 56 Nights, Inside the Mattress, Just Like Bruddas, and say dude doesn't have substance. He's rapping about poverty, addiction, love, survivors remorse, vulnerability, guilt etc. Lots of real stuff. These are the themes in a lot of his songs. Even the ones people mindlessly turn up to.

Always bugs me when people say Future doesn't have any depth or substance. Not that he's "deep"....but he be talking that ****.

Never Forget
Inside The Mattress
Perkys Callin
Purple Reign

Are great records. Especially Never Forget. _'s gon tell me ain't no substance in that? :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
No way anybody listened to Codeine Crazy and said that **** had no substance. Dudes just reciting **** they've heard from the stereotypical trap artist

Substance for the hood? Yeah.

But you guys think just one liners in a song is substance. If that's the case, then yes, Future does one liners substances i.e "All these cops shootin', tragic." But he goes back to talking about "ballin" :lol:

I'll give an example of a whole song that has similar topics (drug dealin', flossin, drug habits) that has substance. Talks about the up and downs of the streets throughout the whole song...

Hi Life - U.G.K.

Last edited:

But you guys think just one liners in a song is substance. If that's the case, then yes, Future does one liners that say "All these cops shoot in', tragic."

Give me a full song with substance that's not infatuated with his drug addiction, lavish lifestyle, etc.

I can think of 1 maybe 2.

Codeine Crazy
Throw away
Purple reign
Never forget
Just like bruddas
No basic

I mean I'm not sure what your expecting. I listen to Kendrick and Cole for that when future specifically gives me **** I can relate to is jus an added bonus

But you guys think just one liners in a song is substance. If that's the case, then yes, Future does one liners that say "All these cops shoot in', tragic."

Give me a full song with substance that's not infatuated with his drug addiction, lavish lifestyle, etc.

The hood is clearly who his music is for. :lol:

Thats his core audience. Maybe it ain't for you.

I mean, what's wrong with substance for the hood? Dude is being vulnerable and open. That's music man. Substance comes in many forms. It doesn't have to be "blacker the berry" the whole song. Or pro black the whole song to be a song about substance. Nothing wrong with him spitting lines about lavish lifestyles, then following that up with lines of substance.

We're human. I've copped foreign designer shoes like a day before I went to the million man march :lol: :smh:. I've also hit the club and called women bishes...while praising queens the day before. Etc etc. I recognize the hypocrisy and human element to me...and future in an essense.

Like Cole says...."it's two sides to a ***** though".

Last edited:

Boy stop. I have Future catalog all the way back to "streetz calling" in my phone. Big fan but I'm not going to say he has substance in his Music.

Like I said, I'll put U.G.K. Hi' Life up against any of his "substance" song.

Better yet, "Armed Robbery" or " Mr. Big" by Eightball & MJG.

Y'all know nothing about hood music. :lol:

So because two of the greatest rap groups in the history of music also have music with legit substance out there, that takes away from the themes and message in Future music? Get the **** out of here. No one said Future was Pac. :lol:

Like I said the perspective to appreciate some of the themes and messages is either in you or its not. I could print the lyrics to these songs being listed on a piece of paper and my 80 year old granny could understand and recognize the substance.

Last edited:
Hip hop heads man. You gotta be wearing a dashiki, rapping over jazz/soul beats and talking about the struggle in every line to be spitting that real. Sht comes in many forms. Just wish people wouldn't be so closed minded.

Future is an artist who has a nice blend of many things in his best songs. Substance is one of them.

To each their own... :lol:

I love Future music and a huge fan.

Hope his success keeps going.

Hip hop heads man. You gotta be wearing a dashiki, rapping over jazz/soul beats and talking about the struggle in every line to be spitting that real. Sht comes in many forms. Just wish people wouldn't be so closed minded.

Future is an artist who has a nice blend of many things in his best songs. Substance is one of them.

We already know a lot of these dudes think anything associated with the hood is categorically ugly and ignorant.

Last edited:
Hip hop heads man. You gotta be wearing a dashiki, rapping over jazz/soul beats and talking about the struggle in every line to be spitting that real. .

Far from a hip hop head...

I was jamming "Playa Fly" when NYC was runnin' it. Rep Soulja Slim, Cash Money (the real cash money) in my streets days.. Even No Limit music had more substance than what's out now :lol:

But that's my opinion.

But maybe people started with wattba and came to that conclusion. Theirs 0 substance on there.

to me it's more of us projecting our own feelings onto certain songs where he gets a lil more personal

56 nights the song not crazy deep but I get in my zone when I listen to it and reflect on my grind and where I need to get

he's not a brain dead rapper and he's not shakespeare either just somewhere on the spectrum that can shift depending on the song like anyone else

to me it's more of us projecting our own feelings onto certain songs where he gets a lil more personal

56 nights the song not crazy deep but I get in my zone when I listen to it and reflect on my grind and where I need to get

he's not a brain dead rapper and he's not shakespeare either just somewhere on the spectrum that can shift depending on the song like anyone else

Agreed!

Future make feel good music for me personally.

Cause these bangers make a N FEEL GOOD...

Friday night Fresh out the barber chair, take a hot shower, got a couple dollas in ya pocket, UNDS some fresh kicks, bout to go grab ya fifth to start ya weekend and while walking to the spot you hear....

"I GOT WAY TOO MUCH JUICE THESE ...... CANT HOLD ME!"

Tell me that don't make you feel good :rofl: :pimp:

Future has no substance?

ca91efe3e033fb8022bf68c153281c3b.gif

How can one listen to Forever Eva and come away with nothing? I'm just starting to come to the conclusion that people go dense when they hear drugs explicitly referenced in the music... like they hear the word codiene and go deaf for the next 5-10 seconds because they're so caught up in all the bad things they've heard surrounding that word in the past.

Boy stop. I have Future catalog all the way back to "streetz calling" in my phone. Big fan but I'm not going to say he has substance in his Music.

Like I said, I'll put U.G.K. Hi' Life up against any of his "substance" song.

Better yet, "Armed Robbery" or " Mr. Big" by Eightball & MJG.

Y'all know nothing about hood music. :lol:

Well _ that's UGK. :lol: Of course they make better music than Future.

If you know Futures catalog so well you would know he's got plenty of songs with substance. Deeper Than The Ocean ain't substance? Nobody is saying Future is Talib or Mos Def but pretty much every Future tape got songs about the struggle and he came from.

I'm starting to think a few of you in here don't really understand the lingo he is using to describe things. It's like the Shakespeare books we had to read in H.S. that was written in the original form and on the next page, was written in today's English form. Once you deciphered what he was talking about, the original text makes sense to you.Lyrics.com can be your friend.

Doubt it's the lingo that's going over some people's heads. This is just the ebb and flow of an artist. A lot of people gravitated towards dude even though they didn't genuinely like him. Now that there's the slightest signs of dissent from some, those types of fans are pulling at the seams to unravel the moment. That's just how time works. Peaks and valleys, whatever.

But you guys think just one liners in a song is substance. If that's the case, then yes, Future does one liners substances i.e "All these cops shootin', tragic." But he goes back to talking about "ballin" :lol:

I'll give an example of a whole song that has similar topics (drug dealin', flossin, drug habits) that has substance. Talks about the up and downs of the streets throughout the whole song...

Hi Life - U.G.K.

This is such a bad post from top to bottom.

Throw a dope beat on song + a catchy flow and people miss everything.

Back
Top Bottom