Official Game 4: 05/10 Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets 12:30PM PST ABC

Originally Posted by bryanne2210

This game should be a wake up call for the Lakers, because they are lacking that fire! I hope they can pick it up and win 2 straight because I fear that if it goes to a 7th game than the Lakers are going fishing early and then Kobe will again go crazy ! I really want them to get to the Finals and Kobe get one of his few last chances to get another ring !!!
Shouldnt have game 1 been a wake up call when we killed ya in your home court?
eyes.gif

I cant imagine the Lakers choking this series away... the rockets are simply playing the '08 Celtics D from the finals, packing it in on Kobe.

Pau, Odom and Bynum have GOT to soften the D from the inside out not the other way around. They are 6'7 6'8...why isnt the long lineup playing togetherat least for a few minutes?! i know bynum is playing like a 12yr old but still.

message to Kobe: STOP SETTLING!

Drunken Cow wrote:

Originally Posted by bryanne2210

This game should be a wake up call for the Lakers, because they are lacking that fire! I hope they can pick it up and win 2 straight because I fear that if it goes to a 7th game than the Lakers are going fishing early and then Kobe will again go crazy ! I really want them to get to the Finals and Kobe get one of his few last chances to get another ring !!!
Shouldnt have game 1 been a wake up call when we killed ya in your home court?
eyes.gif

Should've been, but like I said Lakers are lacking that fire and relying only on their status " Being the BEST". However, seeing them in theplayoffs, they are settling and not playing like they should be and Kobe is using too much lip. Before, the playoffs started I called Lakers vs. Cavs with Kobegetting another ring but now I'm thinking I may be wrong with the way the Cavs are collecting W's. If the Lakers lose game 5, even if they make it pastHouston, I doubt they will get past the WF. I'm hoping THE LAKERS, and I mean the LAKERS stars picking it up, not only Kobe but all of them..

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by franchise3

Yeah SHUGES, AB really stepped up yesterday. Dude has been inconsistent throughout the playoffs. With Yao out though, I think he can get into the lane easier since Yao isn't clogging the lane. Plus, let's be real, AB never really did a good job of getting the ball into Yao anyway. With him out, and if Ron is off, AB is gonna need to score.

It was a good win yesterday for sure, but, I expect the Lakers and Kobe to come out firing. Kobe seems to really be on, when his back is sorta against the wall, ie, games 2 and 3.

I'm interested to see whether Odom plays or not though. Him not playing will make it tough for the Lakers since Bynum clearly isn't the Bynum of old. He's like a liabilty out there. Odom is quick enough to keep up with Scola. Bynum is not. Luis might have a huge game Tuesday if Odom can't go. No Odom means Artest can help on Kobe. The past 4 games it's been Scola on Ariza since Ariza stays on the outside, and Scola not quick enough to guard Odom. As a result, Ron was on him.

With Ron, I think he excels on the road where he feels everybody is against him. I mean, two great games in LA, and two medicore/poor games in Houston.. Seems to be the only explanation.

With all of this said though, the only way the Rockets win in LA is if somehow Kobe doesn't go off for 40+, AB continues to score, Ron finds his shot, and the Rockets knock down the 3 ball.

A win in game 5 for Houston, and LA fans will be on pins and needles.
pimp.gif
yup, LA will be on suicidal watch if that were to happen
laugh.gif
. I wouldn't put it past the Lakers to lose this game with their current mentality though smh
I don't think the Lakers can afford to lose this next game at home, if they do that will tell me a whole lot about this team.

if they do which i won't be suprised me being very pissed off would be a complete understatement. they'll win though im sure of that but there notwinning the title playing as careless as they have.

that being said seeing them play without heart makes me appreciate teams like the 94-95 lakers who got the most out of that they had and overacheived asopposed to this stacked team that plays so relaxed at times.

Back
Top Bottom