Official "Going to Vegas in..." Vol. II "It was time"

You are not lying man these djs are weak and get paid stupid money smh

It's crazy man.

They all play the same songs, same chord progressions and variations of the same corny cliche lyrics.

This ***** Calvin Harris said **** it and just named one of his songs Summer, they been stopped giving a ****. :lol:

Ain't going nowhere? EDM has been dominating Vegas for almost five years now lol. If anything, it's tailing off. Or, at least reached its saturation point and people are looking for other things. There are plenty of club options that are non-EDM, and even places like XS don't have EDM every night now. XS Mondays are basically trap and hip-hop now. Even Lil Jon spins there on Mondays these days. And, if you want a nice club that does Top 40/hip-hop, go to Tryst any night. They got bottle deals for the cheap non-EDM crowd, even on weekends.

I know how long it's been dominating, I'm just saying that it's gotten to a ridiculous point now, it's been over saturated for years.

XS Mondays are Lil Jon and RL Grime who play that garbage EDM version of trap music, it's barely even a variation of the same sound. :lol:

Yes there's other non-EDM options but all of the elite clubs like XS/Hakkasan/Omnia/Marquee all cater to that sound, hearing quality music in a mega club is damn near impossible.

I was hoping he'd play a show out here in LA after Coachella.

That would've been nice for people who missed it, but IMO It wouldn't have been the same man. The place was on another level, as was I. :wink:

Sidenote: LA does not know how to party. I can't stand the nightlife here. Probably the worst in the state let alone the country.

That would've been nice for people who missed it, but IMO It wouldn't have been the same man. The place was on another level, as was I. :wink:

Sidenote: LA does not know how to party. I can't stand the nightlife here. Probably the worst in the state let alone the country.

I love Sm. My favorite place to go other than Vegas.

I was hoping he'd play a show out here in LA after Coachella.

Meh, I wouldn't have minded a small Kaskade show if it was his older/deep house/progressive stuff.

I've seen Kaskade at EDC in 2012 and once at a smaller venue in 2011, and I must say his set at the smaller venue remains one of my favorites.

But yeah, I saw the drone footage on Youtube of his set. Looked amazing.

Rap music isn't any different, in that respect lol.

I'm not talking about rap though, I'm talking about quality dance music.

Even still, there's far more creativity in rap then EDM, not the best comparison. The music doesn't even change BPM.

Last edited:
Yeah I heard it's really nice.
I'm pretty bummed its gonna be Krewella on the Saturday that I'll be there in June so I might wait for the next time to check it out.. and I'm not missing nightswim the night after either.

June 13th?

That's when I'll be there and bummed it is Krewella as well, probably not going to get to check it out this trip.

I'm not talking about rap though, I'm talking about quality dance music.

Even still, there's far more creativity in rap then EDM, not the best comparison. The music doesn't even change BPM.

I'd love to hear your definition of "quality dance music".

I'd love to hear your definition of "quality dance music".

Jaime XX, Disclosure, SBTRKT, Gorgon City, Duke Dumont, Maya Jane Coles, Kaytranada to name a few.

All make quality dance music that's not mind numbing like that EDM trash.

Last edited:
A lot of those acts headline festivals, I think they'd do fine in a big club especially Disclosure.

Disclosure can be seen at Light.

I could see Kaytranda playing at Drais and Duke Dumont is capable of being a resident DJ at one of the bigger clubs. I'm not sure which club would be a fit for Gorgon City

Ain't nobody gunna come back in with stories. Dudes are lazy. Only a few of us actually post after we come back lol.

Man i hope there are some good ones come Monday and Tuesday lol

Anybody actually going to the fight?

Because I'm a procrastinator I didn't post these earlier but I'm currently avoiding work so I'll post them now

Last weekend a group of 5-7 of us stayed at TI from Saturday through Monday

Saturday Day highlights
- we have a table right by one of the pool entrances at Drais Beach so hella traffic and we pull multiple groups of various ethinicities
- someone sucks on this girl's breasts
- some chick rubs on her kitty and then puts her finger in someone's mouth
- someone jumps in pool forgetting brand new S6 is in pocket
- someone pulls this girl named Tsega (pronounced like Sega)

Saturday Night
- try to roll to Omnia but the line is out of control and a connect of a connect is asking for $100 per head + $50 cover to skip the line
- get a table at 1OAK instead
- not realizing someone had already sucked on that girl's breasts, someone else makes out with her after they show up to our table
- multiple groups at the table, some annoying including an older black chick with huge breasts that wouldn't leave my boy alone
- only one person ends up smashing, the rest of the group gambles and knocks out

Sunday Day
- have GA presales at EBC and get there early and gamble first before crowd picks up
- place gets packed, Guetta does his thing we meet hella chicks
- someone smashes in the pool and gets caught and kicked out. then pays GA to get back in and right before he gets back in the same bouncer catches him and throws him out again, this time marking a huge X on his hand
- someone hits up an old sidechick who lives in Vegas and is smashing her as ppl get back to the room

Sunday Night
- originally supposed to do a walkin at NightSwim but change our mind and a get a cabana upstairs
- meet multiple groups and settle on a group of Canadian chicks
- one of the chicks asks for water and someone gives her straight vodka and she flips the hell out. someone has to do damage control and he ends up stuck with her for the night
- three people bring back three of the Canadian girls (including straight vodka girl) to the room and smash. One of the dudes who was left out tries to get involved in two of the smash sessions but gets shut down

After reading youngdoc's trip report, I realized I have been doing vegas all wrong. Smfh. I got a trip coming up on july and definitely need to step up my game. Will post trip report.

Help :lol:

3 nights in Vegas in early June
Looking for a hotel (nice with a pool) on the strip for around $200 or less all together (including the resort fee) or something close to it :frown: :frown:

June 13th?

That's when I'll be there and bummed it is Krewella as well, probably not going to get to check it out this trip.
Yep, that weekend. Saturday to Monday. It was between the 1st or 2nd weekend of June and saw Major Lazer was scheduled for the 14th.
Help
laugh.gif

Looking for a hotel (nice with a pool) on the strip for around $200 or less all together (including the resort fee) or something close to it
frown.gif
frown.gif
Weeknights? That's still gonna be tough especially on the strip. You're looking at $40-50/nt rate + taxes and fees to get close to $200.

Edit:

I just remembered this deal for the SLS this summer:

http://www.travelzoo.com/hotel-book...deal:2014508&utm_content=2014508&adid=2014508

Looks like they're having trouble filling the hotel up since they opened. Probably because of the location at the end of the strip. But that's definitely one of the better deals that can be had for a weekend night. If it's refundable, I'd say to book now, and if you find a better deal later, you can always cancel.

Double-edit: Looks like its $41/weeknight.. i just checked june 15-18 and it came out to $220 ($136 + 3x $28 resort fees). Hellava deal.

Last edited:
Help :lol:

Looking for a hotel (nice with a pool) on the strip for around $200 or less all together (including the resort fee) or something close to it :frown: :frown:
What days are you going to be out there?

Back
Top Bottom