Official: GTA VI Thread: Trailer 1 Out Now: PS5 Series X & Series Confirmed: Tentative Release Window Fall 2025

Will you buy GTA V For PS4 OR XBOX ONE

• Yes: I waited out and skipped GTA V For PS3 & XBOX 360

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Yes: I love the game and will be gladly double dip on the game

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • No: I'm waiting for the PC version of the game to come out

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No: I hated GTA Online and will never trust R* again

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No: GTA games aren't my type of games and I'll stick to other games like COD: AW, Assassins Creed Un

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
No games I NEED for PS4, which is why I said screw it and copped the bundle.

Now if GTAV and MGSV were releasing within 3 months on it, that'd be a different story.
laugh.gif

Face off: Grand Theft Auto 5 PS3 vs Xbox 360 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-grand-theft-auto-5-face-off

The Digital Foundry verdict:
At last, Rockstar North's monstrous open-world caper is here in all its glory - but after five years and an estimated £170 million being sunk into development and marketing, which version is the one to buy? After playing both versions extensively and amassing over 2TB of lossless video to analyse, we must stress that you're bound to have a fantastic time with either take. Lighting and physics engines are fully intact on both versions, and the minor differences in reflection mapping go down as nitpicks. At its core, both PS3 and 360 present the same massive Los Angeles-inspired sprawl via the same 720p native resolution lens, with almost entirely identical effects and object detail.

However, it's apparent that the PS3 version has an undeniable advantage in one area: even to the naked eye, ground textures on 360 are blurred as a result of what appears to be unoptimised asset streaming. Glitch or not, this basically amounts to concrete and grass textures appearing fuzzier beneath the feet of Trevor, Michael or Franklin, while the PS3 version's remain crystal clear. The 360 does command a minor advantage in frame-rate during synchronised play, but for shoot-outs and high-speed hurtles down the city streets, the PS3 can sometimes pull ahead in these metrics - though the difference is rarely perceptible either way. Since all else is identical across the board, the PS3 version is recommended on the grounds of image quality if you have the option.

Grand Theft Auto 5 easily counts as the most feature-rich and eye-catching sandbox title of the current generation to our minds, though the silence on the as-yet unannounced PC and next-gen releases is deafening. Adaptations must surely be in the running - and doubtless these would be bolstered by smoother performance and higher-grade effects afforded by more muscular hardware. But that's perhaps missing the point; with so much heist-plotting content crammed into one package, and with an intriguing 16-player online mode yet to be patched in, there's no time like the present to enjoy Los Santos' delights on the platforms you already own.
Also for Xbox360 owners: Grand Theft Auto 5: Installing Xbox 360 "Play Disc" to a USB Flash Drive Works Fine

Disappointed that installing both disc one and two to your Xbox 360 hard drive causes noticeable streaming problems? In our testing, we found that installing disc one to HDD and disc two to a USB flash drive sorts out all the problems - as you'll see here.

Got home and the install seemed like an eternity

Played for 6 hours. Did the first couple of Franklin & Michael main missions.Did a couple of each of their unique moment missions also.

My thoughts so far:

-Graphics are beautiful and yes they do rival The Last Of Us.Which honestly that game's graphics didn't totally blow me away like how many people were making it out to be.
-Driving has been very well improved compared to GTA IV, but there is still a learning period & adjustment with GTA V's mechanics & physics.
-Radio stations and game soundtrack are great and all stations have a nice variety in them.
-The in game HUD & Mini map guide though feels dated & and is in need of a improvement.
-Love the combat style when in gun battles.If you guys played Max Payne 3 you'll know what I'm talking about.
-Franklin's homie Lamar honestly is a little annoying.There were already sometimes in the Franklin & Lamar missions I wanted to knock him the F out or wished I could just off him already :lol:

Going to get some rest now so that I can re charge and play this game for a bunch of hours later today.

Damn those of you who have already had it delivered by UPS.

Being towards the end of my driver's daily route FTL.

All my friends are ghost. And I'm not gettin this game or ill fail the semester. Self control is me not buying this

I just fixed my YLOD over the weekend for this game. Probably wont buy a PS4 till a slim version drops.

That's not a permanent fix and is more of a temporary band aid to the problem.If I were you if the PS3 can stay on long enough I'd suggest taking it into your nearest Gamestop ASAP and trading it into them and using whatever money they give you for it and put it towards that PS3 Super Slim 500GB & GTA V bundle.

No games I NEED for PS4, which is why I said screw it and copped the bundle.

Now if GTAV and MGSV were releasing within 3 months on it, that'd be a different story. :lol:

Word I only play fighting games and games like GTA and infamous I think it's too late for me to try and play FPS. I was looking to buy a refurb/ used ps3 on eBay but I see bad reviews online about buyin used. Seems like best buy has a ton of these

Played it all night like a fool.

Im in the library right now barely awake.. Another class 10-10:50.

Can't wait to get back to the crib, crash, wake up, and get right back at it. Game is perfection.

For those that stick up stores, does that option unlock after a mission or something? I wasn't even able to pull my gun out in stores.

Played for 6 hours. Did the first couple of Franklin & Michael main missions.Did a couple of each of their unique moment missions also.

My thoughts so far:

-Graphics are beautiful and yes they do rival The Last Of Us.Which honestly that game's graphics didn't totally blow me away like how many people were making it out to be.
-Driving has been very well improved compared to GTA IV, but there is still a learning period & adjustment with GTA V's mechanics & physics.
-Radio stations and game soundtrack are great and all stations have a nice variety in them.
-The in game HUD & Mini map guide though feels dated & and is in need of a improvement.
-Love the combat style when in gun battles.If you guys played Max Payne 3 you'll know what I'm talking about.
-Franklin's homie Lamar honestly is a little annoying.There were already sometimes in the Franklin & Lamar missions I wanted to knock him the F out or wished I could just off him already :lol:

Going to get some rest now so that I can re charge and play this game for a bunch of hours later today.

Franklin and his homie reminds me of ice cube and mike epps :lol:

if you watched some of their movies together you'd know what i mean

My thoughts so far:

-Franklin's homie Lamar honestly is a little annoying.There were already sometimes in the Franklin & Lamar missions I wanted to knock him the F out or wished I could just off him already
laugh.gif

No one raved about the Lost of Us' graphics. Its story and atmosphere were the selling points.

Picking this up later. Not in a rush to play like some of you.

When online drops I know for a fact my social life is doomed.

Everything you can do in single-player and more.. Hell my birthday is three days before the online drops, and I care about the online more then my own b-day :lol:

I just fixed my YLOD over the weekend for this game. Probably wont buy a PS4 till a slim version drops.

That's not a permanent fix and is more of a temporary band aid to the problem.If I were you if the PS3 can stay on long enough I'd suggest taking it into your nearest Gamestop ASAP and trading it into them and using whatever money they give you for it and put it towards that PS3 Super Slim 500GB & GTA V bundle.
Nah. This is the OG 80GB and I'm keeping it for nostalgic purposes. Plus GameStop would only give me $80. Fix is permanent from what I've seen. I dismantled it and applied the thermal paste on the motherboard. Left in on for 10 hours straight for a back up with no issues. I just keep the in open space now and no issues.

Driving is :pimp: waaaaaaaaay better than IV. I just went HAM exploring and doing a few missions. The amount of things you can do in game is insane. It is beyond my expectations but I guess not trying to hype it before hand makes it all better.

Back
Top Bottom