Official HBO's The Newsroom Thread Vol: Season 3

Watched the first two episodes as well. That opening scene in the first episode was brilliant. Aaron Sorkin leads a great group of writers, excited to see how far this show goes, it has great potential.

Sad, some of the newer comments in this thread are gone post transition. Really loved the 4th episode. It was TV at it's finest. Glad this got picked up for a second season, but Sorkin fired all of the writers except his girlfriend. Among the fired were Gideon Yago. Wonder what spurned this change? I guess he & his girlfriend will be the sole writers. Yago wrote the 112th Congress episode which was pretty good.

Good show. Seems like every prime time hit show has a lead character pulls a lot of dimes.

I enjoy this show immensely and am not sure what all these bad reviews are talking about. I find myself waiting all week until Sunday to catch the new episode. For those who are on the fence, watch the first episode and then decide for yourself.

I love the sheer wit and nuance of this show. 

Its funny and its smart. 

On a serious note, I could see this show changing small scale newscasts...

Last edited:
I enjoy this show immensely and am not sure what all these bad reviews are talking about. I find myself waiting all week until Sunday to catch the new episode. For those who are on the fence, watch the first episode and then decide for yourself.

The bad reviews usually stem from people who have a different political agenda than the show stands on, thus a bias towards their personal belief resulting in dismissing the show completely solely on differing political opinions. Or its a person working in the same industry or is a newscaster themselves and hate how the show portrays the inner workings of a newscast and the anchor. Or they just hate Jack McCoy :lol:

Edit: If people would just watch the show for its entertainment value (its a real good show) and not focus on the political aspect they can appreciate it. But in today's world, it's way to hard for people to leave their political agenda at the door.

Last edited:
:pimp: to Will for telling off that gossip ***** at the restaurant
:pimp: Will in general
lowkey shed a tear at the end *shrug*

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...

I love McAvoy telling Nina Howard off & threatening that he better not find out Leona is behind any of this. I've said this before & I'll say it again, we should all be so lucky to have bosses like Skinner. Am I the only one that thinks Maggie's roommate Lisa is hot? Damn...Can't wait until the next episode.

Love this show...

I wonder why Sorkin fired all the writers though...

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...
I love McAvoy telling Nina Howard off & threatening that he better not find out Leona is behind any of this. I've said this before & I'll say it again, we should all be so lucky to have bosses like Skinner. Am I the only one that thinks Maggie's roommate Lisa is hot? Damn...Can't wait until the next episode.
Love this show...
I wonder why Sorkin fired all the writers though...

I'd def bang Lisa. :smokin

Another good episode! Love this series. Cant wait till the next episode!

Lisa>Maggie

I really don't understand the hate this show is getting from critics. The only complaint I have is when Sorkin degrades the script into superfluous banter. Other than that I really enjoy the characters and current relationship plot-lines they have going on.

i'm wondering... other than the egypt revolution
is the other information that he is saying true?
about the tea party, and about other things?
or is it all just scripted?

i'm wondering... other than the egypt revolution
is the other information that he is saying true?
about the tea party, and about other things?
or is it all just scripted?
eek.gif

Uh... no offense but have you watched the news in the last year? 
roll.gif

But yeah, Its all real

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom