OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Even before WAS got the boot, people liked PIT. I mean, if you go by the fact that everyone had their Caps choke job jokes ready :lol:

I wouldn't say heavy favorites, but saying no one believed is too far the other way.

And the milbury slander and ref pic that Eddie posted :rofl:

Congrats Pens

the theme of the 2017 playoffs is blame the refs when you lose so you could feel better about yourself :lol:... saw it with the calgary, oilers, and preds fans really showed how salty they could be tonight

"ref you suck!"

riiiight cus its the refs fault for not scoring goals for the preds the past 2 games :lol:

Last edited:
It changed the trajectory of the game. They not only missed a critical call because he panicked, but they tried to make it up. It's NHL officiating in a nutshell. They have no one to answer to so this keeps happening. Poor calls that have greatly altered the course of a game in the SCF has happened before, so they don't learn from their mistakes. Replay was added because of their propensity to blow calls, it needs to be taken further IMO. It's a black eye for the League and the biggest story post game. We don't know how the game would have played out if he didn't panic and blow the whistle prematurely. Nashville had their opportunities, but a call like that shouldn't be the deciding factor in a game of that magnitude. NHL officiating has the reputation it does for a reason.

Looks like the new jerseys are revealed soon? Saw it on Flames FB

oh reveal on the 20th.

Ugh - what a gut wrenching game last night was as a Nashville fan.

Went to Game 3, and of course had high hopes after we won Game 3 and 4 at home. The Game 5 massacre was sickening, but saw the Pens basically do the same to Ottawa one game in the ECF.

While I have and always will be a basketball first sports fan, living in Nashville the past couple years has really turned me on to hockey.  The fans here are incredible, and it's fun to be a part of such a passionate city & fan base.

I grew up in Atlanta, which may be the worst big city sports town in the country, so it has been a blast moving to Nashville.

With that said, the officiating in this series was beyond questionable. The love fest the league and NBC have for Crosby and the Penguins makes me
sick.gif

Oh well, we are young minus a few guys. Not having Joey hurt us, and I think this team has a bright future.

The Penguins won't be able to afford to re-sign most of their guys coming off rookie contracts, so I don't see them being a dynasty. 

Last edited:
If you're believing Brian Burke, they might just become the Seattle Raindrops if they don't get some public funding for an arena. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally read the flames uniform teaser as "form the failure". Guess you can blame my blurry vision and eye infection.

Last edited:
loves this twitter account:
Don Cherry Parody‏ @DonCherryParody 5m5 minutes ago
YKNOW IN HOCKEY THE CAPTAIN GETS TA HOLD THE STANLEY CUP FIRST, NOT SOME DWEEB IN A SWEATER VEST AND A STUPID HAT

Don Cherry Parody‏ @DonCherryParody 1m1 minute ago
YKNOW I DONT FOLLOW BASKET BALL BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS GUY DURANT SWITCHIN TEAMS WOULD BE LIKE OVECHKIN GOIN TO THE PENGUINS

Dan Girardi no longer a Ranger.

it's about that time, huh? i always think of him and McDonagh as Ranger mainstays after all these years. but makes sense. he can't stay on the ice and the production is down. one man's take on this:

Don Cherry Parody‏ @DonCherryParody 5m5 minutes ago
YKNOW @NYRangers DAN GIARDI A GOOD ONTARIO BOY, HES WAS A PLUS 8S THIS YEAR AND A PLUS 18S LAST YEAR AND A BEAUTY GUY EH YA BUNCH A DUMBOS

looks like the Habs might try and move Alex Galchenyuk. good player so interested to see what offers go out for him.

Last edited:
So all the new sweaters are going to have the Adidas logo on the back. I thought they were going to be CCM branded?

Back
Top Bottom