OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

get ready, elpablo21 elpablo21 ...we gonna be hitting games and hitting up the snowbunneeez
tenor.gif

excited to see the logo, colorway, and team name. hope they don't really go with the Metropolitans...pick something cooler pls

I can't see that. They might as well go with the Emeralds if they're thinking Metropolitans. The Sockeyes are growing on me. I don't know though...Nothing that was suggested before really stood out to me as being cool.

Sockeyes is an interesting one. I hope they don't go with Sound or Storm or something that's already been done

What about the name, logo and colors?

Sockeyes defeated Totems in the final of a four-round Seattle Times poll that attracted 146,144 votes. Metropolitans finished third. Next came Steelheads, Kraken, Sasquatch, Freeze and Emeralds.

"We paid close, close attention," Leiweke said.

NHL Seattle has been doing focus groups. Each day, Leiweke listens to suggestions and opinions.

"It's a process of really putting your ear to the track and understanding and hearing what fans feel and believe," Leiweke said. "That's the art form. The science is then bringing in professionals who can take direction and sentiment and begin to apply it to what practically could be a name and a logo that will stand the test of time. And I'm confident we'll land on the right thing.

"We want to be deliberate, but we're not going to rush this to the point we don't feel great about it."

I'm ready to give the NHL my money. Now awaiting name, colors, and jerseys within the next year or two. I actually preferred Steelhead or Kraken, but Sockeye or Totem would be dope.

Wild *** game, lol. Feel bad for James Neal though, he hasn't done much in terms of points.

Ok, looking to get into hockey. Want to watch more full games. Each team seeks to guard their goal as best they can throughout the regular time, yes?

Ok, looking to get into hockey. Want to watch more full games. Each team seeks to guard their goal as best they can throughout the regular time, yes?

yeah, you want to score more goals than your opponent to win, so letting in the least amount is key.

I get that part, I'm looking for the characteristics that make the game hockey. What about this sport makes it hockey besides ice skates and being primarily white as opposed to soccer/football? And unlimited fighting.

I get that part, I'm looking for the characteristics that make the game hockey. What about this sport makes it hockey besides ice skates and being primarily white as opposed to soccer/football? And unlimited fighting.

I’d say constant movement, 5 on 5 in a small area of ice, the hitting and violence. Basketball doesn’t have the constant motion with all the stoppages and subs, soccer has lulls in the action and very little physical play.

Back
Top Bottom