OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Gunner Staal put it on us last night.

mean.gif

The kid scored his second career goal against the Conn Smythe winner and defending Cup champs at home with less than five seconds left. I don't see it :lol:

Sidenote, I think me and DJ's have a liking for brash 19 year olds. Like Bryce :lol:

mad late Yahoo! fantasy league. but i joined since it was a late season anyways

roto 12-team

League ID: 88040
Password: niketalk

draft is tomorrow at 8 EST. im not the commissioner but if that doesnt work for you i can pass the info off to him

draft is tonight!

in regards to Yakupov, i suppose it might have been a bit too much. maybe a bit hot-doggish, but i dont mind. hes a passionate 19 year old. but im looking through homer glasses right now, so yeah

The kid scored his second career goal against the Conn Smythe winner and defending Cup champs at home with less than five seconds left. I don't see it :lol:

Sidenote, I think me and DJ's have a liking for brash 19 year olds. Like Bryce :lol:

:pimp:

Came across this on the PD blog:

Winnipeg's Race Issue With Evander Kane

It was a link in this article:

Evander Kane's Haircut

BBecDxnCAAAn6H2.jpg-large.jpeg

Gist of the article is that he's gonna get scrutiny in Winnipeg for his haircut :smh:

I really wish he didn't re-up, but he wanted that $ before the CBA expired. Hopefully, he'll be playing in a city that actually appreciates his talents (and him) in the VERY near future. Kid deserves better.

Last edited:
Canadians looked at me like I was crazy when I said Evander Kane woul much rather be in Atlanta than Winnipeg.

"OH, GO TO A CITY WHERE THE FANS LOVE THE GAME"

I'm like there isn't 5 better cities to be young, rich, and black than Atlanta, and their are few places worse to be young, rich, and black than Winnipeg. :lol:

Canadians looked at me like I was crazy when I said Evander Kane woul much rather be in Atlanta than Winnipeg.

"OH, GO TO A CITY WHERE THE FANS LOVE THE GAME"

I'm like there isn't 5 better cities to be young, rich, and black than Atlanta, and their are few places worse to be young, rich, and black than Winnipeg.
:lol:

Also they will run Evander Kane out of town man trust me, I saw what they did to Ray Emery for being a confident young black man, who wasn't yes sir, no sir and they called him "cancer" meanwhile you ask anyone in the Ottawa night life they will tell you hard Spezza and Redden hit them clubs sniffed that white girl but nah Ray was the cancer.

They are doing it to PK Subban, If you are going to be black in the NHL you better be SQUEAKY clean, ie Jarome Iginla and they STILL robbed him of an MVP award.

Me personally I hope they never change but if they never change they better play REALLY REALLY good, becuase if they slip they will ship em out like they did my man Rayzor.

Last edited:
glad nhl is back boys.. thought you guys would enjoy this yakie gif. I met him once when my friend played with him in the ohl, nice guy.. even his dad is a cool guy to talk to (even though he speaks 4 words of english) 

what has gotten into Taylor Pyatt... he;s been playing like a man possessed in front of the net.

completely shocked.

Couldn't hold on and give Marty a shutout :smh: they've gotta rest him the next two games :lol: liking what I'm seeing so far. Up and down the lineup, I doubt the scoring will stay this good but I'm hopeful.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOCH

:pimp:

dropped him :pimp:

dougie hamilton...not going to proclaim him the next coming of christ like many are, but man i love his game so far. knows when to jump up into the play or pinch and is damn good at getting those shots from the point through to the goal. can't wait to see him once he's had a season (or half season) under his belt.

I'll say it, he's the next coming. That kid is too damn good. Defense will carry em and make whoever is in goal look great, even when they're off.

Pretty awesome fight between Volpatti and Beleskey :lol:

The amount of hate Evander Kane gets in this city is ridiculous and I wish people (specifically the media) would simply recognize who he is. A young, rich athlete who likes to have fun and the media blows everything he does out of proportion. Personally I have no problem with the stuff he does, thinking specifically of the money picture that got so many people upset, I don't think he meant in a negative way and maybe he shouldn't have posted it given the situation of the lockout at the time but was there really anything wrong with it?

He is one of my favourite players and I hope he never changes but unfortunately that will probably run him out of town one day (as much as I would hate for that to happen I think it will) which will suck because he's going to be a great hockey player. He does have an attitude and a personality which has rubbed a lot of the local media the wrong way so they jump on every little thing he does. And most of the local media here is garbage anyways so they write some of the stupidest stuff I've ever read

On the topic of actual hockey, he's played great this year including tonight. Great team effort in our win over Pittsburgh :pimp:

I hope they do run him out of town. And I hope he wins a Cup somewhere and brings it back to Winnipeg :lol: Osh is 100% correct.

Speaking of Iginla, he (and Kipper) need out of there. I hate seeing them rot in Calgary when the GM's do nothing year after year. I'd love to see both of them get one more shot to at least be in the postseason.

Back
Top Bottom