OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

tremendous final 10 minutes in the CHI-STL game.

final period should be fireworks.

andy ference on the intermission show
pimp.gif
glasses.gif
 - I'm too old for this OT **** 
laugh.gif

Getz scratched.shoulda worn a full cage smh

And I think everyone knows what the "upper body injury" is :lol: :smh:

Got his **** ****** up by Roussel. All's fair out there during the playoffs. Getzlaf is a hell of a player, but if you're going out there and people KNOW what your injury is, it will be exploited. No need for sour grapes.

It's not his face. He tweaked a back injury he's been dealing with. It was in his last shift with about 3 minutes left in G3.

What is wrong with Flour? He is tremendous in the regular season but something just hits him when the playoffs roll around. I hope he can right the ship because it is sinking fast. The Penguins have given him plenty of opportunities to redeem himself but he keeps faltering. I just feel bad for him because he's a good goalie but he's a not-so-good goalie during the playoffs.

Stars vs. Ducks was the highlight game of the night for me. Just lots of stellar skating. I just can't believe Tyler Seguin couldn't do the things he has done with the Stars when he was with the Bruins. We all know he has all the offensive capabilities but what is so hard about playing defense? His skating from last year to this year has been phenomenal.

Bruins vs. Wings tonight. Expecting a good defensive battle and I see the young D putting up some goals tonight. I have a feeling hometown boy Torey Krug will rip a slapper for a PPG.

It's not his face. He tweaked a back injury he's been dealing with. It was in his last shift with about 3 minutes left in G3.

Where are they saying it's a back injury? Why would they disclose that information when teams are secretive about what players are dealing with?

No one has said officially what it was. Nor will they. They showed the video on TSN of his last shift from G3. He collided with a Star and got spun around a bit. Showed him on the bench grimacing afterwards. To add to that, he went back to Anaheim for "treatment". What sort of a facial injury would 1. Require treatment and 2. Be bad enough to keep him out of a playoff game? I highly doubt he missed a playoff game because of a laceration on his face. And it's pretty obvious his jaw wasn't broken considering he was just fine talking to reporters between games 3/4. However, I do know that he's hurt his back twice this year. Early part of the season in Florida against Buffalo and just after the Olympics against the Canes.

Not to mention if it had been caused by the punches thrown by Daley or Roussel why didn't he come out of the game immediately?

Last edited:
No one has said officially what it was. Nor will they. They showed the video on TSN of his last shift from G3. He collided with a Star and got spun around a bit. Showed him on the bench grimacing afterwards. To add to that, he went back to Anaheim for "treatment". What sort of a facial injury would 1. Require treatment and 2. Be bad enough to keep him out of a playoff game? I highly doubt he missed a playoff game because of a laceration on his face. And it's pretty obvious his jaw wasn't broken considering he was just fine talking to reporters between games 3/4. However, I do know that he's hurt his back twice this year. Early part of the season in Florida and just after the Olympics against the Canes.

Not to mention if it had been caused by the punches thrown by Daley or Roussel why didn't he come out of the game immediately?

I'm speculating just like you. Obviously, we won't know until the Ducks' season is over. Could be the back, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it's something to do w/ his face.

*edit*

Easy to blame Fleury and Disco Dan...but I wonder if the NBC crew will have any mention of Crosby being ghost, or is their criticism reserved for Euros?

Last edited:
What kind of facial injury would need treatment and not be serious enough he would have to leave the game though? I can rule out a broken jaw. I guess I can't rule out conucssion. He's not missing any teeth as far as I know. What I do know is he has had back injuries this year and came off in pain after colliding with a Star at center ice.

Last edited:
What kind of facial injury would need treatment and not be serious enough he would have to leave the game though? I can rule out a broken jaw. I guess I can't rule out conucssion. He's not missing any teeth as far as I know. What I do know is he has had back injuries this year and came off in pain after colliding with a Star at center ice.

It could be a concussion, like you said. However, if it's something unrelated (to a concussion) but has to do with his jaw or other parts of his face, there are plenty of instances where guys in the league have finished games only to not play after that due to injuries sustained. Like I mentioned before, we'll just have to wait until the Ducks are bounced to see exactly what he is dealing with.

I can tell you for certain its not a back injury. Why rule him out now as opposed to game time decision... His jaw is ******. Mayyy be concussion but im pretty sure he prob had hairline fracture from that puck that jus got made a whole lot worse

I've seen this go down with Pronger

I hope it's not a case like that

Good point w/ Pronger.

Now, I'm leaning more towards him having a concussion. Puck to the face...then taking some blows there in the next game. Recipe for disaster, IMO.

Sid's disappearance hasn't gone unnoticed by Pittsburgh. Some venom for him right now :lol:

Truth...

Sid. Geno. Kunitz all doin nada n gettin ripped for it. Mainly sid because they grinded the **** out of him the first 2 games n its like he jus quit. Which has always been the knock on. Cant stand up to the physicality

Quit is a bad word.

Loses focus... Yesterday he was tryna lay huge checks n always wonderin where the hits comin from instead of worrying about being the best pkayer n the world and finishing and creating chances for us. He shoulda put it n the enpty net last night before fluery imploded

Last edited:
Sid's disappearance hasn't gone unnoticed by Pittsburgh. Some venom for him right now :lol:

That's not enough, I need to see it from everyone :lol: I'm not an Ovie defender by any means but can you imagine him winning the Richard trophy again and having no goals through 4 games? Milbury would be foaming at the mouth to throw him under the bus.

Well we can't use rationale when it comes to Milbury :lol:

I'm guessing once they are knocked out it will really come. MAF really does absorb a ton of blame for EVERYBODY else as well

Oh I know :lol: I just wish someone would bring it up to him and make him squirm.

I agree with you there, as much as he deserves a good amount of the flack, it needs to be team wide outside of maybe Martin.

Back
Top Bottom