OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

i hope PK signs with another team. a large american market would be awesome. but i don't see MTL letting him go

i hope PK signs with another team. a large american market would be awesome. but i don't see MTL letting him go

I think we may see a Shea Weber situation. Philly put out the offer sheet, and obviously Nashville matched.

PK gotta look out for himself, but the Habs have no one to blame but themselves for being cheap.

Come to DC, PK...

:x @ all this PK leaving talk. After another solid season and his play in the post season I have no doubt in my mind that Bergevin will finally pay the man and probably make him one of the highest paid blue liners in the league.

He's racked up the stats and hardware under his current bargain deal so he's definitely proven his worth and he's right up there with Price as the most popular guys on the team with the fans.

Bob McKenzie was thinking that a new long term deal for him would probably be up to 8-9 mil a year which would leave the team with around 20 mil in cap room.

What I'm worried about is finding a way to also lock up Vanek long term.

Last edited:
:x @ all this PK leaving talk. After another solid season and his play in the post season I have no doubt in my mind that Bergevin will finally pay the man and probably make him one of the highest paid blue liners in the league.

He's racked up the stats and hardware under his current bargain deal so he's definitely proven his worth and he's right up there with Price as the most popular guys on the team with the fans.

Bob McKenzie was thinking that a new long term deal for him would probably be up to 8-9 mil a year which would leave the team with around 20 mil in cap room.

What I'm worried about is finding a way to also lock up Vanek long term.

Vanek is coming to his 2nd home this summer. You guys can have Moulson though :lol:

Honestly though, with some many young players developing into better players game in game out, I dont think its a HIGH priority to get Vanek but its a priority nonetheless, especially at a reasonable price/term

We still need help on the blue line and in the crease.

Last edited:
Why you all want PK on American teams? To grow the game?

If they aren't watching now, they are never going to watch. :lol:

Hockey will never be big in the States. The game is too regional.

When I'm in NY I only know a few people who do not watch hockey or do not have an allegiance to a team. When I'm in Florida, they give Panthers tickets away for free! and people still do not go. Also, believe it or not youth ice hockey is pretty popular, but I think Lax is gonna take kids away because it is becoming more popular.

I decided to make the trip to Pitt today to cheer on the Rangers
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Hockey will never be big in the States. The game is too regional.

When I'm in NY I only know a few people who do not watch hockey or do not have an allegiance to a team. When I'm in Florida, they give Panthers tickets away for free! and people still do not go. Also, believe it or not youth ice hockey is pretty popular, but I think Lax is gonna take kids away because it is becoming more popular.

I dont know if it's the same in the States, but Lacrosse isnt really taking kids away from hockey here... they play it in the summer and jump back to hockey in the winter.

Youth soccer seems to be the main competitor for lacrosse, at least in Alberta.

As far as I've seen, lacrosse gets absolutely no play here in SoCal/Cali/West Coast. While hockey isn't all that big here either, it has a presence, and the hype of the Kings/Ducks series is helping.

LAX is COMPLETELY regional. It's a mid-atlantic thing for the most part.

If PK Subban is playing in NY, and is looked at as the face of the league, people will care.

I dont know if it's the same in the States, but Lacrosse isnt really taking kids away from hockey here... they play it in the summer and jump back to hockey in the winter.

Youth soccer seems to be the main competitor for lacrosse, at least in Alberta.

I can't speak outside of NYC or South Florida. In NYC, the kids who play hockey or lax come from money most of the time. Football dominates South Florida, even though ice hockey is pretty popular for a State with a terrible team and hot all year around, a lot of kids migrated to playing Lax mainly because public schools started developing teams. Only prep/private school have ice hockey teams.

In the Midwest, LAX was a sport for those who sucked at hockey and most other sports. B'leed'at.

We looked good the last 10 min there besides that **** stick neal :smh

See if we cant get it tied up here n the second n have one period for all the marbleso

this game is crazy; this series has been nuts

I have no idea how the Rangers are doing this with Nash and McDonagh basically being irrelevant

Back
Top Bottom