OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Talbot for Jordan Caron? yes please!

like that move. but we didn't address defense and basically didn't do nearly enough to avoid a 1st round matchup with the habs (or playoff miss).

I would've liked to have seen the team add some more firepower but I can't be mad with todays trade haul. 3 players including a badly needed defenceman for nothing but picks really,not too shabby.

Last edited:
Can't believe the Pens gave up on Despres...GREAT trade for the Ducks, IMO. Not as experienced as the Reverend, but he's got the talent to be a top pairing defenseman at some point in his career.

Can't believe the Pens gave up on Despres...GREAT trade for the Ducks, IMO. Not as experienced as the Reverend, but he's got the talent to be a top pairing defenseman at some point in his career.

I agree. Always liked what I've seen from Despres and he's still young. Pretty funny we get Lovejoy from Pitt for a 5th and then flip him back a couple years later. :lol:

Lovejoy is an amazing locker room guy and great with the fans, but he's out of his depth as anything other than a bottom pair d.

I'm going Ducks and Rag Dolls in the cup based on the events of the last two days. two good teams that got even better.

Last edited:
Jack Edwards ‏@RealJackEdwards 7m7 minutes ago
Knight is Kessel trade residue. MT @FriedgeHNIC: AHL deal coming too: Jared Knight (Boston prospect) for Zack Phillips (Minnesota prospect).

what's the word on Phillips theenorthstar theenorthstar

Well I don't know what happened now, but I do remember Phillips was a highly touted prospect. Offensively gifted, great hockey sense and stuff, good on the defensive end. NHL comparable to Bergeron. I wanted the Flames to draft him or Beaulieau at the time. Got Baertschi, who's now gone |I

The Sea Dogs of that draft year was crazy though, I think they won the Memorial Cup too.

Last edited:
^ thanks for the insight. obviously not planning on seeing the kid up this year. but will definitely track his progress

how is skating the problem :lol:

nah seriously though, that sucks to hear. although as high as i was on knight...he really hasn't been able to earn a shot with our big club. so whatever. thanks tho sosly :pimp:

Jack Edwards ‏@RealJackEdwards 7m7 minutes ago
Knight is Kessel trade residue. MT @FriedgeHNIC: AHL deal coming too: Jared Knight (Boston prospect) for Zack Phillips (Minnesota prospect).

what's the word on Phillips theenorthstar theenorthstar

Like Solsy said, he was a high 2nd rounder who honestly, under the Wild's organization/AHL affiliate... has never ever put it together.. And wasn't ever really close to get called up. Im glad we shipped him off. Kid is a bust in my eyes. Sucks that we couldn't have moved him a few years ago.. But maybe a change it good.

Last edited:
Giordano out for the season. Yelp, bye playoffs
damn. sorry homie
tired.gif

Giordano out for the season. Yelp, bye playoffs
8f8788be75f38df495cfffaff1d946429631a7f97beecd91766a5bbb142c8cf4_large

Seriously, though, you'll be alright. I think that loss sucks, but the Flames actually play decent team defense. Well, against Vancouver anyway.

If we can keep a playoff push with no Bieksa, Tanev, or Edler, I think you guys will be fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom