OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

roflbot1-610x400.jpg

Rick Nash is Arod on Skates.

I've never seen a worse playoff performer in ANY SPORT.

At least last season playoffs, he had some quality shots and rushes. Now everything is deke , weak backhand, finesse horse ****.

I wonder why that is... he plays fairly well for team Canada when he plays, which I imagine is a similar pressure situation.

Playing for Team Canada is different in the aspect that they are expected to win it all every go at the Olympics and anything less than gold is a disappointment. Difference though lies in the fact that he plays a way different role for that team than he SHOULD be playing for the Rangers in the post season. I get he is doing other things and trying which is great, but the bottom line for him is the goals and he simply has never produced in the NHL playoffs in that regard. It is a big enough sample size that we should not expect anything from him as far as goals go. Although he is averaging a goal per series this year so far, so he's due to score at least 1.

Rick Nash is Arod on Skates.

I've never seen a worse playoff performer in ANY SPORT.

At least last season playoffs, he had some quality shots and rushes. Now everything is deke , weak backhand, finesse horse ****.

peyton manning :nerd:

his drop off is huge as well...almost as big as his forehead :lol:

Last edited:
I wonder why that is... he plays fairly well for team Canada when he plays, which I imagine is a similar pressure situation.

He plays very cautiously like he doesn't want to get hit, he had a step yesterday on a breakaway and hits a weak shot fading away rather than attacking the net, and even had a rebound chance if he stayed in front but skated to the outside after the initial shot. :smh:

It's as if he is not even trying, it's mental at this point.

Finally got to catch up on games 2&3 of the Ducks/Hawks series, it's been very difficult avoiding all things hockey for a few days. But my goodness, if I hear another puck hit the post from either side I may just lose it. Ducks Dmen( esp Fowler and Despres
pimp.gif
) really just stepping up and our depth is gonna shine through while we wear down the Hawks. Freddie has been an absolute wall and treat to watch, his f**k you attitude this entire post season has been very refreshing. 

Even though I felt like the Ducks controlled most of the game, we managed to turtle a bit in the 3rd, and held my breath til the very last second when Kane had the puck at the end.

Anyone know why Vermette/Taravainen(sp?) were out? 

Can the league do something about this? Pretty embarrassing, seems like Shaw has been letting the soccer talk get to his head. 

Finally got to catch up on games 2&3 of the Ducks/Hawks series, it's been very difficult avoiding all things hockey for a few days. But my goodness, if I hear another puck hit the post from either side I may just lose it. Ducks Dmen( esp Fowler and Despres:pimp: ) really just stepping up and our depth is gonna shine through while we wear down the Hawks. Freddie has been an absolute wall and treat to watch, his f**k you attitude this entire post season has been very refreshing. 
Even though I felt like the Ducks controlled most of the game, we managed to turtle a bit in the 3rd, and held my breath til the very last second when Kane had the puck at the end.

Anyone know why Vermette/Taravainen(sp?) were out? 

Can the league do something about this? Pretty embarrassing, seems like Shaw has been letting the soccer talk get to his head. 

Fowler has firmly cemented himself as an unquestionable #1 d-man. And that Despres trade is looking Erat-Forsberg levels of bad. Those two have been so huge as Beauch/Lindholm have struggled mightily the past couple series.

Such a GUTSY effort killing all the penalties. The PK won this game.

Massive dive by Shaw and I'm pretty sure on the Silf double minor the stick didn't even touch Toews' face either. He skated away from the ref and bit his lip to draw the call. Edit: Just realized Kozari was one of the refs in G3. There is no ref that puts more effort in trying to screw one team. PP time in this game 27 seconds to 9:18 for Chicago. :smh:

Crazy to think we're one of our gazillion posts in G2 away from being up 3-0.

Just need to come out with killer instinct on Saturday and give them no life.

Last edited:
Fowler has firmly cemented himself as an unquestionable #1 d-man. And that Despres trade is looking Erat-Forsberg levels of bad. Those two have been so huge as Beauch/Lindholm have struggled mightily the past couple series.

Such a GUTSY effort killing all the penalties. The PK won this game.

Massive dive by Shaw and I'm pretty sure on the Silf double minor the stick didn't even touch Toews' face either. He skated away from the ref and bit his lip to draw the call. Edit: Just realized Kozari was one of the refs in G3. There is no ref that puts more effort in trying to screw one team. PP time in this game 27 seconds to 9:18 for Chicago.
mean.gif

Crazy to think we're one of our gazillion posts in G2 away from being up 3-0.

Just need to come out with killer instinct on Saturday and give them no life.
I count my blessings everyday when I think about the possibility of still having Lovejoy insted of Despres flying around out there, that Fowler and Despres pairing has been phenomenal. 

I was questioning that Silf/Toews penalty as well, but it was definitely closer than the Shaw dive. Either way, glad the Ducks could fight through it all, especially on the road. Just can't let up on Saturday, which I don't think this team will. The way they responded to the heartbreaker in game 2 really showed a lot about the grit of this Ducks team, which is more than we could say about the Ducks teams of the past.

Back
Top Bottom