OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

the Cup :pimp:

only seen it in person once. during the parade players would take turn getting off the duck boats and walk with it along the rails that held us all back. got to swipe my fingers across it as it came by. top 3 half second of my life :pimp:

I've seen the cup twice in my life, one in person, and the other time it was during the Kings parade. I've seen all the other trophies (Larry O'Brien, Lombardi,and the World Series). Honestly, I can truly say that NOTHING, none of those trophies compare to the feeling I got standing next to Lord Stanley. I could feel the history, and it's just something that is hard to describe. I really wanted to touch the trophy, but I just couldn't bring myself to do so. :lol:

The weekend was ROUGH with that Ranger L on Friday. Congrats to both TB and CHI and best of luck for an entertaining and hopefully close final. No issue with whomever takes the Cup!

Blackhawks all day

Hope we win and become a legit dynasty and one of the best hockey teams of recent memory :smokin:smokin:smokin

Getzlaf brought the cup on a houseboat in the Shuswap in 2007 
laugh.gif
 We were on a boat just across from him. He arrived in a BEATUP early 80's limo that he'd bought to bring his buddies out from Saskatchewan. We spoke to him briefly, congratulated him, but didnt want to really keep him from enjoying his vacation. 

Rangers coming out with all these injury reports after the loss sounding like manny pacquiao.

Happens after every playoff series. Makes you appreciate how tough these guys are.

Basketball, Baseball, & Football don't compare to the grind these guys go through in the playoffs trying to get a ring.

Rangers coming out with all these injury reports after the loss sounding like manny pacquiao.

it's normal. you always hear about injuries players had after. it's never used as an excuse by hockey players though. they all know that if you're not banged up at this point of the year, you didn't play hard enough.

Last edited:
Seen the Cup 2 times, once at the Hockey Hall of Fame and the other time was at my neighbours house, I was only 7 or 8 at the time so I don't remember much about it.

My neighbours dad was a scout for the Dallas Stars the year they won the cup so he brought it home for his day with it. I got a couple pictures with it which was really cool, there was a whole bunch of people there and all the adults were just waiting for us kids to leave so they could bring out the booze and start drinking out of the Cup :lol:

Happens after every playoff series. Makes you appreciate how tough these guys are.

Basketball, Baseball, & Football don't compare to the grind these guys go through in the playoffs trying to get a ring.

Meh you right. They still have a 2 year window imo just need to get a scorer to replace st.louis.

it's normal. you always hear about injuries players had after. it's never used as an excuse by hockey players though. they all know that if you're not banged up at this point of the year, you didn't play hard enough.
I've got so much respect for what these guys play through. True definition of heart.

Never got to actually see the Cup in person when the Ducks won it all in 2007, but my dad did when he was living in Edmonton during their glory years. He met Wayne Gretzky at the parade and got a picture with him and the cup....I wish I could dig up the picture but it was magical. My dad told me how glorious the cup is in person and that he and Wayne would actually run into each other pretty often since they lived near each other.

Fast forward to my teenage years when I was playing AAU basketball and we end up playing in a tournament in Lake Forest, California....and low and behold I end up playing against Wayne Gretzky's son, but I had no idea during the game. All I remember was I was bringing the ball up on a fast break and I looked to the sidelines and I saw my dad choppin it up with Wayne and I was like :wow: and I got picked off cause I was star struck...and he was talking to my dad :lol:

After the game my dad brings Wayne and his son over to me and he was like..."Son, I have someone I'd love you to meet!" And I got to shake his hand and we ended up eating lunch together afterwards. Wayne remembered my dad after all these years and he even offered to have us at his home in Lake Forest afterwards, but we had to be somewhere and I was pissed the rest of the day cause we didn't get to go to his house :smh:

Pat LeonardVerified account
‏@PLeonardNYDN

Zuccarello said he had temporarily lost ability to talk & move his arm. Needed speech therapy. Blood in brain #NYR

:wow:

Back
Top Bottom