OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

eek.gif
at that goal

Jets just signed Blake Wheeler, I haven't really seen him play but I know he was in Boston before he got traded. Can any Bruins fans tell me anything about him?
Ok. What do you want to know about him?
roll.gif

Let me tell you from my experience with the play of Blake Wheeler. He has great size, good speed, and great skill but he lacks motivation and can't shoot. He needs good people around him to be good because he can't be good by himself. He's a follower, not a leader.

A few years ago, he was on a line with Krejci and he did very well. Last year, they switched him around and he just sucked. I hated him and Bunwick the most when they were playing for The B's.
laugh.gif
 I hated Bunwick the most though. Wheeler was just frustrating to watch because he would "dangle" his butt off only to get it poked by a defenseman. He can't shoot for his life. I've seen him miss wide so many times. You will seriously go
eek.gif
 when you watch him shoot sometimes.

I guess he did really good after the trade though. In Boston, everybody cared and I think the pressure got to him because I would always, always, always, always, yell at my TV because of Wheeler and I would always, always, always, always, always shout obscenities when I watched him live.

Other then that, expect 40-50 points and if he has a breakout year I can see 55-67?

Wheeler is a slightly more-skilled Eric Fehr.

Winnipeg fanbase will be sick of both of them by February.

laugh.gif

i dunno..i think wheeler does well in the peg. we'll see though. 20-25 goals is my guess.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Hearing the Jets are gonna make serious offers to either Doughty or Luke Schenn.  
Don't believe that idiot Eklund............

Just as much as Tampa and Stamkos, I don't see LA getting rid of Doughty or the Leafs/Schenn..........

French, would you agree that the Kings would ship JJ before Doughty? I sure as hell would.......

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Hearing the Jets are gonna make serious offers to either Doughty or Luke Schenn.  
Don't believe that idiot Eklund............

Just as much as Tampa and Stamkos, I don't see LA getting rid of Doughty or the Leafs/Schenn..........

French, would you agree that the Kings would ship JJ before Doughty? I sure as hell would.......
Oh hell Yes, and I'm actually surprised that they haven't made such move, if money is the issue on resigning Doughty.  
We have Martinez and Drewiske developing nicely, so Jack is a valuable trading piece for another winger. 

laugh.gif
Thank you for the scouting report on Wheeler, like I said before- Atlanta was not the most popular team so I know very little about our squad. What I do know is we have some great young talent on the team but are very weak at the centre position and our minor league depth is terrible. So we signed about 4 guys that played for the Moose last year that will help our farm team in St. Johns.

And as much as I'd like us to take a run at Doughty or Schenn I highly doubt that will happen. Mark Chipman has repeatedly stated that this team will be middle of the pack salary wise and will build through the draft rather than spending huge amounts of money in free agency.

[h2]Brother of Derek Boogaard arrested[/h2]

MINNEAPOLIS -- The brother of former Minnesota Wild and New York Rangers player Derek Boogaard, who died from a drug overdose in May, has been arrested on suspicion of possessing illegal prescription pills on the same night.

Online records showed 24-year-old Aaron Boogaard was arrested Wednesday on a narcotics charge. He was held without bail in the Hennepin County Jail in Minneapolis. His family said the arrest has "nothing to do with his brother Derek Boogaard's death."

The Star Tribune of Minneapolis reported police records list Boogaard as being arrested on suspicion of prescription fraud and possession of prescription pills. He was not immediately charged, and the Hennepin County Attorney's office has until noon Friday to charge him with a crime, according to the newspaper.

"We're still not over with what happened with Derek and we are now struggling with what is going on with Aaron, it's just unfair," Joanne Boogaard, the brothers' mother, told ESPNNewYork.com's Matt Ehalt Thursday night. "I really don't have much more to say."

Aaron Boogaard's attorney, Lindsay Sokolowski, said she had no immediate comment.

Medical examiners ruled that Derek Boogaard's death was from an accidental mix of alcohol and the painkiller oxycodone. His family issued a statement shortly after his death acknowledging that the 6-foot-7 Boogaard struggled with addiction issues.

"This is a very unfortunate circumstance and we believe Aaron is involved because he may have potential information about a larger investigation," the family said in a statement. "One thing is certain, the charges brought against Aaron have nothing to do with his brother, Derek Boogaard's death. The family continues to grieve the loss of Derek and is troubled by this turn of events, which makes the pain for the family even more difficult."

Shawn Neudauer, a spokesman with Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Minnesota, said ICE placed a detainer on Aaron Boogaard, who is from Regina, Saskatchewan, meaning that immigration officials will take him into custody when he is released from the local jail.

Aaron Boogaard is also a hockey player. He was drafted by the Wild in 2004, but has bounced around various lower-level teams and has not yet appeared in the NHL.

Derek Boogaard became a fan favorite during his five years with the Minnesota Wild for his rough-and-tumble approach to the game. What he lacked in skill and goal-scoring capability he more than made up for with his fists.

He was one of the most feared fighters in the game, racking up 589 penalty minutes in 277 career games. He left the Wild for a four-year deal with the Rangers last July and scored one goal in 22 games before his season was ended by a concussion.

Damn at that Boogaard story
frown.gif

Main Jets logo is eh to me. I like the small one with the text and the maple leaf on top though.

i actually like the new jets logos. ive heard a lot of negative reactions, but im a fan. i with you sosly, i like how they incorporated the maple leaf.

The Jets logo has definitely grown on me since I first saw it Friday, I like the way the maple leaf is incorporated with the Jet. Although it still feels a bit plain and generic but I'm sure it'll look good on the jerseys.

There was a 2 hour wait at the Jets store at the MTS Centre Friday afternoon when the gear was first released

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

bjm...you lock down your seats for next year? just got off the phone with my account rep. had to move back 6 rows and to a different section. kinda sucks, although i like the section more. i only have half season though and i believe you have full, so was wondering if you got your seats (or upgraded) or if you had to move somewhere else.

i got the same seats. they went up 7 bucks a game though, 300 per seat for the year.
30t6p3b.gif
price to pay for finally winning i suppose.

been MIA for the last week cause i sniped by meth in another thread.
laugh.gif
love the jets logos.
pimp.gif

shocked no one came up with an offer sheet for stamkos for that amount... would have gladly coaxed savard into retirement and brought him to boston for 8 mil.
laugh.gif

Stamkos only did 5 years because that brings him to the age in which he can officialy become an UFA. Hockey has an age requirement to be unrestricted if my memory serves me correctly. When he's 26, end of this deal, he will get much more then.

laugh.gif

The hard-partying ways of Flyers captain Mike Richards and center Jeff Carter played a major role in the organization's decision to trade both players in June, say two Flyers who played with the pair last season.

Carter was sent to the Columbus Blue Jackets for free agent forward Jakub Voracek and first- and third-round picks in the draft, and Richards was traded to the Los Angeles Kings for Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn.

The two unnamed players said that the Flyers front office was disappointed in Carter and Richards' longstanding party lifestyle and that teammates were concerned about the pair's drinking.

Shortly after his arrival in December 2009, coach Peter Laviolette instituted what players came to call the "Dry Island." Laviolette asked team members to commit to not drinking for a month, and each player was asked to write his number on a locker room board as a pledge. No. 17 (Carter) and No. 18 (Richards) were absent from the board on the first Dry Island, as well as the estimated five more times the policy was instituted.

Link

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

bjm...you lock down your seats for next year? just got off the phone with my account rep. had to move back 6 rows and to a different section. kinda sucks, although i like the section more. i only have half season though and i believe you have full, so was wondering if you got your seats (or upgraded) or if you had to move somewhere else.

i got the same seats. they went up 7 bucks a game though, 300 per seat for the year.
30t6p3b.gif
price to pay for finally winning i suppose.
damn...300 for the year?!?!? i'm getting hosed on this half season bs. i need to upgrade to full...damn near impossible now though
tired.gif

id kill for season seats. the wait list ive heard is
sick.gif

maybe ill ask my sister's boss to let pitch in on their season ticket pool
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom