OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

man this draft pool is pretty whack. you got guys going top 10 who have question marks about their ability to play 5 on 5 hockey :lol:

Why is wayne simmonds so under paid? He les the flyers the last THREE years in goals and has been the best PF im the NHL the past 2 consistantly killing the PP and scorin 30 plus goals but these slightly above average guys are getting 5 mill per allll over the place

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Its kinda like when Theirren used to not dress Subban for no apparent reason, perplexing...

Last edited:
let's see how bad Don Sweeney ***** this up (to his credit, we've done a lot better lately) and how bad our idiot owner butchers the announcement

Benning crushing it per usual
laugh.gif
giphy.webp

Why is wayne simmonds so under paid? He les the flyers the last THREE years in goals and has been the best PF im the NHL the past 2 consistantly killing the PP and scorin 30 plus goals but these slightly above average guys are getting 5 mill per allll over the place

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Its kinda like when Theirren used to not dress Subban for no apparent reason, perplexing...

This isn't the NFL. You can't restructure contracts. When he signed his current contract he had one season over 40 points. He'll get the standard 6/7/8 years for 6+ million when he hits UFA.

Damn, really thought Eaves would come back to Dallas in the offseason. If he can stay healthy that's a really good signing for the Ducks.

This isn't the NFL. You can't restructure contracts. When he signed his current contract he had one season over 40 points. He'll get the standard 6/7/8 years for 6+ million when he hits UFA.

Yes you can, hockey players just arnt savy enough to use their leverage. Its in the fabric of the game, jus play and dont complain about anything... now the prime of his playing career stolen for pennies on the dollar, hes made about 50percent of what he should have in the NHL and when he goes to sign the next 4/5/6 yr deal theyll say hes getting old and exiting his prime

Damn shame

Lots of dudes should be sitting until theyre restructured or jus bounce to the KHL for a year to let management no its not a game, its their profession

Most of em are just too happy makin mills playin puck to GaF

Yes you can, hockey players just arnt savy enough to use their leverage. Its in the fabric of the game, jus play and dont complain about anything... now the prime of his playing career stolen for pennies on the dollar, hes made about 50percent of what he should have in the NHL and when he goes to sign the next 4/5/6 yr deal theyll say hes getting old and exiting his prime

Damn shame

Lots of dudes should be sitting until theyre restructured or jus bounce to the KHL for a year to let management no its not a game, its their profession

Most of em are just too happy makin mills playin puck to GaF

Originally Posted by CBA Article 11.10
11.10 No Renegotiation. In no event shall a Club and a Player negotiate a change in
any terms of a Player SPC for the then-current season or for any remaining season of an
SPC. This provision shall not prohibit a Player and Club from negotiating an extension
to an existing SPC in accordance with the terms of Section 50.5(f) hereof or from
negotiating a new or reformed SPC or Offer Sheet in the limited context and time-frame
expressly set forth in Section 11.6(a)(vi) above.

Straight from the CBA. And it's got nothing to do with hockey players not being "savy enough". In a sport with a hard cap and guaranteed contracts it will simply never be a possibility to restructure contracts.

He's making exactly what a guy like him should be making on a second deal. Check the comparables. https://www.capfriendly.com/comparables/wayne-simmonds-2247

He'll get more on his next deal when he's 29 and unrestricted JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Wow Flames building that defense.
Big payment though.
Gio - Brodie - Dougie - Hamm. Not too bad. I think Stone is still there too

Last edited:

Benning crushing it per usual
laugh.gif

You guys are being too hard on Benning in this instance.

Pettersson is gonna be a stud IMO. Could very easily be the best player in this draft. Really dynamic forward talent. That's who I wanted for Vegas at 6. Glass/Vilardi being my second choice.
I preferred the size of Glass, but you are right. Potentially he could be great, but I also remember him being kind of lifeless in the WJC.

They tried to go the "big Canadian" route with Virtanen and it didnt work out, so maybe this will. 

Cale Makar would have been the best case scenario. 

Pettersson is gonna be a stud IMO. Could very easily be the best player in this draft. Really dynamic forward talent.

you think the ceiling is that high? i guess it's not THAT high given the overall class, but still. i guess i'll need to keep an eye on him. was just surprised to see him go that early based on what i read from some "analysts".

Damn he's pale.

Bodies aren't as toned as I thought they'd be.

Last edited:
Frank Seravalli‏Verified account
@frank_seravalli
#HHOF Class of 2017: Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya, Dave Andreychuk, Mark Recchi, Danielle Goyette, builders Clare Drake and Jeremy Jacobs.

get Jacobs WAAAAAAAY the **** outta here

Whoa ***** gonna take back Kariya for a day :lol:

*Ducks, but I'll leave the first word

Last edited:
Whoa ***** gonna take back Kariya for a day :lol:

*Ducks, but I'll leave the first word

They've already tried to get Kariya back in the fold on countless occasions. Tried to sign him to play before he retired and have been trying to get him in the front office. He attends games once in a while and does some community work for the team. He still holds a vendetta against the league because he believes they didn't do a good enough job protecting players from head injuries.

Meet the HHOF Class of 2017. Dave Andreychuk, Danielle Goyette, Paul Kariya, Mark Recchi, Teemu Selanne, Clare Drake and Jeremy Jacobs. pic.twitter.com/fzwGJUZVZv
— Hockey Hall of Fame (@HockeyHallFame) June 26, 2017

Back
Top Bottom