Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

i wouldn't say da nexus one trackball is useless...since im comin straight from a sidekick LX and my fingers are type large sometimes i use da trackball to get those precision

movements between microlinks...kinda like da ones here on NT to change pages OR to adjust a misspelled word that got one letter u gotta delete instead of entire word.

bottomline Nexus one >>>>*

da speed is just CRAZZZZZY....

Originally Posted by PoLoNiKe

iHeartBoost,

i love my N1!

Pros:
Screen
Apps
Speed
Feel
Live Backgrounds
Google Maps, Car Home
Camera

Cons:
Minor Glitches
Music Player is average
Trackball is useless

I would recommend it! I have had mine for over a month and im still learning new things about the phone. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Can you give me some examples? I'm gonna do a lot of homework tonight on the N1 before I pull the trigger. My only thing Im worried about is the touch screen isn't as great, I saw a video a few pages back that had me
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by PoLoNiKe

iHeartBoost,

i love my N1!

Pros:
Screen
Apps
Speed
Feel
Live Backgrounds
Google Maps, Car Home
Camera

Cons:
Minor Glitches
Music Player is average
Trackball is useless

I would recommend it! I have had mine for over a month and im still learning new things about the phone. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Can you give me some examples? I'm gonna do a lot of homework tonight on the N1 before I pull the trigger. My only thing Im worried about is the touch screen isn't as great, I saw a video a few pages back that had me
ohwell.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Screens: Why the Samsung Omnia PRO and Zune HD Will Be Great[/h1]
File under: News

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 16-Jun-09 | 218 Comments
Aside from the differentiating core technologies and software that of the

Advantages
So what's the big deal with AMOLED and why is it better than the traditional screens we have today? As a basic, AMOLED technology can be used with capacitive or resistive touchscreens, a comparison we've previously explored, and even non-touchscreen devices. AMOLED, short for active matrix organic light-emitting diode, is a thin, bright display technology that doesn't require backlighting.

No Backlight = Richer Colors
Since there is no backlight, colors are brighter and blacks are truer because there is no light from the backlight to wash out the colors. This phenomenon is similar to the dark and bright rooms and how vivid the display is on the Microvision pico projector.

Technical
AMOLED works by having a thin film transistor (TFT) layer consisting of an array of OLED pixels that form a matrix. Upon activation with electrical energy, the OLED pixels will illuminate light to render whites and colors; blacks will be shown to the eye due to unactivated OLED pixels. According to Wikipedia, "The TFT array continuously controls the current that flows to the pixels, signaling to each pixel how brightly to shine."

(Source: Wikipedia and video from WMPowerUser)

From what I remember, the screen sucks outside. But apparently Samsung has a Super AMOLED that fixed this issue.

Question:

My upgrade with Verizon is due in July and right now I would definitely get the Incredible...
HOWEVER, are there any other phones from HTC or whoever that are coming out in the next few months that are going to be any better than the Incredible???

Obviously I know the iphone is a possibility for Verizon, but any others?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jkballer5

Question:

My upgrade with Verizon is due in July and right now I would definitely get the Incredible...
HOWEVER, are there any other phones from HTC or whoever that are coming out in the next few months that are going to be any better than the Incredible???

Thanks!
The Evo for Sprint but for now that's it.

So I'm messing aroudn with my Incredible.
does anyone know if I can have different wallpapers on the different screens cause whenever I change one it changes them all

From what I gather via a web search, there's an app called Wallpaper Plus that allows you to set a different
image for each page.

How's the camera? How fast is it to do everything? How's the typing? As good as an iPhone or iPod Touch?

Thanks to you and anyone else hatnprovide mini-reviews on these ne w devices.

Originally Posted by jkballer5

Question:

Thanks!

There is suppose to be a Motorola Shadow coming out. http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1607765 Thats a good site to read up on it, and on any phone really.
My Incredible will be coming tomorrow. I'm ready to get rid of this Dare
glasses.gif

So my local Tmobile call me because they have HD2 in stock, I went up there and got one. I ask the manager if I have 30 days with this phone and he told me no. I said why not, what if I have the same problems with this phone, I can't exchange it? He told me I could get a refurb, but not a new. I told him that I don't want to be stuck with another buggy, glitchey phone and he told me well your have insurance so you can get another one. He than said I shouldn't have waited so late to exchange and I told him I called you guys 2 weeks after I got the phone, 2.5 weeks later I waited and you got them in stock today. That's not my fault they were not in stock. I told him Im giving myself 30 days with this phone, if this !$@* %%*%+ up on me again, within 30 days Im bringing this !$@* back and I want my old (expired) contract and my money back or a Nexus One. He said sir you can't do that, and I said watch me, ill have my #+@ back up here, causing chaos if I don't get my orignal plan back.

if u got a g1 and want some next level user experience watch this video...

you can get it runnin SUPPPPPPER fast, people who don't wanna break da bank of a nexus one get this...this is da poor man's nexus one, and da ROM does

this old phone JUSTICE.

[h1]http://www.wmexperts.com/htc-pay-royalties-microsoft-after-being-told-android-steps-its-patents[/h1]
[h1]HTC to pay royalties to Microsoft after being told Android steps on its patents[/h1]
3 comments »

Posted on Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010by Phil Nickinson

Filed Under: News;Tags:windows phone, windows mobile, windows, patents, patent, microsoft, htc, android

[Ed. note: This story was originally posted at AndroidCentral.com]

Microsoft issued a news release late late night, announcing it signed a patent agreement with HTC over its entire line of smartphones running the Android operating system.

Specific terms of the deal, including how many patents or what they cover, were not immediately released. Microsoft's statement did say the agreement "provides broad coverage under Microsoft's patent portfolio for HTC 's mobile phones running the Android mobile platform."

“HTC and Microsoft have a long history of technical and commercial collaboration, and today’s agreement is an example of how industry leaders can reach commercial arrangements that address intellectual property,

New HD2, not even 7 hours old, horrible crashed. Sense UI did not load for 15mins. Start button works, but setting didn't. I took a video of it so I can upload it to my YouTube page and show these idiots at T-mobile because they don't believe me. I aint lying, this phone is a total !!*# up.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

New HD2, not even 7 hours old, horrible crashed. Sense UI did not load for 15mins. Start button works, but setting didn't. I took a video of it so I can upload it to my YouTube page and show these idiots at T-mobile because they don't believe me. I aint lying, this phone is a total !!*# up.

bro theyre just gonna tell you "these are known issues with the phone, hopefully well have an update." imma complain again today..they got me paying 85 a month for this trash

i will say, since i downloaded omarket (google it) ive been able to download apps that enhance the phone.....even though i watched my battery drop from 100 to 92 on my 10 min car ride to work

I just got an android enabled phone and wanted to know what apps I should look into
I didn't want to start a new thread even thoug my phone isn't technically an HTC
Any help would be much appreciated

[h4][/h4]
[h4]HTC expects 36 percent increase in Q2 sales thanks to Android[/h4]
By Thomas Ricker posted Apr 29th 2010 4:40AM

If Apple created the first round of disruption to the business-as-usual lethargy infecting the cellphone industry then Google appears poised to bring round two. When looking around at choices, it's the Android OS backed by Google's cloud-based services and the 50k app-strong Android Market we usually find underpinning the sexiest and most powerful hardware on the market. And guess who's making the hardware? Right, HTC. Now HTC -- thanks to its recently introduced Desire, Legend, HD Mini, Smart, EVO 4G and Droid Incredible -- says it expects record revenues of $1.6 billion in Q2 on sales of 4.5 million handsets, up from 3.3 million handsets sold in Q1 and ahead of analyst expectations. Cheng Hui-ming, HTC chief financial officer, credits the bump to the "growing popularity of the Android platform in Europe and the US". One can only imagine what HTC sales will do when its long-standing Microsoft partner releases Windows Phone 7 OS later this year.

[h1]Video: Skyfire 2.0 for Android is Fast[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 29-Apr-10 | 6 Comments

skyfire.jpg

Today marks the release of the official Skyfire Beta for Android. As a reminder, we found Skyfire for Windows Phone to be the fastest web browser available for the platform. This is because Skyfire (like Opera Mini) uses server-side rendering to do the heavy lifting, sending compressed (already-rendered) information to your device. The Android version of Skyfire adds some unique features like an embedded video player (but it doesn't do flash, sadly), mobile-view quick toggle, and a way to get a full screen view without the Android notifications bar. While we found the browser to indeed be very fast, it also feels very much beta. The pinch to zoom worked, but not as well as the stock Android browser, and the text-reflow functionality also wasn't up to par. That said, you can grab the Skyfire beta for free from get.skyfire.com through your Android phone. Be sure you check off "Allow non-Market apps" in your settings!

http://www.youtube.com/v/ABfmgSmpG0w?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/ABfmgSmpG0w?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

Also, if you want to see Skyfire compared to the stock Android browser and Safari on the iPhone 3GS , fast forward to 5:25 in this video from TechnoBuffalo:

http://www.youtube.com/v/1SgVsGE1G3E&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1http://www.youtube.com/v/1SgVsGE1G3E&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1

Posting from my incredible now! This phone is
pimp.gif
.. What twitter app yall using? I wanna use twidroid as a widget but you gotta pay for pro :/.

Back
Top Bottom