Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Can anybody tell me how to "Tether" internet from my Touch Pro 2 to my netbook?......i cant figure this out

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

does anyone know a free program to use my Touch Pro 2 as a modem for my laptop..?
a NTer told me before but i forgot.
any help NT???

Internet Sharing and Modem Link.
I thought it was stock on WM6.5 phones?
But what service do you use?

pdanet

I haven't tried pdanet but apparently it's good.
I know for my phone I would just have to connect the USB cord and I would get to pick either activesync of internet sharing. Once I chose internet sharing, it would work.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

damn all these new phones on other carriers. so i guess the nexus one is the only thing for tmo right now with those kinda specs?

yep, its da HNIC in da t-mobile world.

im embarassin cats around me tryin to stunt w/ blackberries and Jail broken iphones on t-mobile...its good to stick it to em after they was frontin on da 2009 sidekick LX
pimp.gif
Ninjahood...stop being such a fan boy acting like the Nexus 1 is the greatest phone ever...I mean I understand why you think this phone is so great after finally getting off that sidekick...It is a good phone but...

Why is it you never mention the 3g connectivity issues that the phone has or the fact that they are no longer trying to fix it for users to just accept it how it is...

What about the buttons at the bottom that only work when you click above them and not actually on them..not to even mention the worthless trackball...

And embarrassing dudes b/c of the phone they have?...
indifferent.gif
...Ninja please

[h2]Android On HTC Devices Updated[/h2]
May 2nd, 2010 | Author: Wen(WM)

Since Android seems to be popular with not only Windows Phones owner, but iPhone owners its seems about right that I keep you updated. In a not so recent update by the XDAndroid team, they brought some pretty sexy new features to devices like the HD1, TP2, Diam2, and more.

They are working hard to get you the latest in all, and so they added over clocking ability, 2.1, and more:

Latest Update: 19 Apr 2010 (V2.1c)
  • New Kernel, offering more available memory, therefore improving performance.
  • Overclocking supported – Just choose ‘overclocking’ version from the installer menu
  • New installer/setup – Allows a wider choice of configurations, and is more graphical. Since this is the first version with the new installer/setup, there could be some minor bugs… please let me know how the new installer looks / works.
  • system.sqsh (14.04.10) + Rootfs (14.04.10) + initrd (28.03.10) + htc-msm-android@20100419_195348 Kernel/WiFi + conf file for NO partitions
  • This is NOT a SENSE release, it is a regular Android release, but should have more stablity.
  • I have abandoned the ‘Android’ subfolder on installation. This didn’t offer much value, and complicated things slightly for some users, so back to the old Root installation.
  • This release (on my Blackstone) appears to be fast. Startup times are great. However, I can’t test on other devices.
  • There is a chance that after installation, some Startup.txt settings MAY be incorrect for your device. If you discover any mistake, PLEASE let me know, I will correct asap. I need your help on this guys.
You can download this latest update here

Originally Posted by NYCBaller34

damn all these new phones on other carriers. so i guess the nexus one is the only thing for tmo right now with those kinda specs?

im embarassin cats around me tryin to stunt w/ blackberries and Jail broken iphones on t-mobile...its good to stick it to em after they was frontin on da 2009 sidekick LX
pimp.gif
Ninjahood...stop being such a fan boy acting like the Nexus 1 is the greatest phone ever...I mean I understand why you think this phone is so great after finally getting off that sidekick...It is a good phone but...

Why is it you never mention the 3g connectivity issues that the phone has or the fact that they are no longer trying to fix it for users to just accept it how it is...

What about the buttons at the bottom that only work when you click above them and not actually on them..not to even mention the worthless trackball...

indifferent.gif
...Ninja please

laugh.gif
dudes can never let ninjahood enjoy his phone
roll.gif

hated on him for the SK, he got off it for a better phone.. and ppl still give him @%+% for it
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
...Ninja please

laugh.gif
roll.gif

hated on him for the SK, he got off it for a better phone.. and ppl still give him @%+% for it
roll.gif

cuz thats what he does to everyone else...

It is rather amusing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

BUT DA STEVE JOBS, DA APPLE SUCK! DEY ARE DA STUPIDS!

please.... if those shots were for me they wizzin' right by.
laugh.gif

i got a nexus one which cost AS MUCH as your oversized Ipad and guess what, i got multitask and flash...
pimp.gif

can't wait till june and all da android phones get flash so da iphone can start to look like da closed off prison system that everyone knows it is.

stupid apple fanboys waitin on that HTML5 holy ghost that by da time it comes a standard, da Ipad is gonna be another obsolete electronic device.

QUESTION FOR SPRINT SERO USERS

My contract was up in march, but im still paying monthly, i have SERO btw. I was gonna wait for the EVO4g to come out to renew my contract to get it at a cheaper price. Will i be able to keep my SERO plan still?

NYCBaller34 said:

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
...Ninja please

laugh.gif
roll.gif

hated on him for the SK, he got off it for a better phone.. and ppl still give him *$%+ for it
roll.gif

Mad, plain and simple
pimp.gif

Imma address his "claims" 1 by 1..

1. This is da best phone on t-mobile statswise...PERIOD

2. If u in a big city like NYC da last thing u worried about is "lack

Of 3G coverage"...

3. Da trackball offers precision link selection that would be

cumbersome wit da touch screen....works like a charm in

landscape mode, very "sidekick like"

So like i said before, da nexus one is on top of da t-mobile food

Chain, dont be mad,
pimp.gif

nope, not going to be able to keep sero

oh thanx
ohwell.gif
...any new SERO plans out, thats worth it? thought i remembered seeing another employee type thing

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
...Ninja please

laugh.gif
roll.gif

hated on him for the SK, he got off it for a better phone.. and ppl still give him *$%+ for it
roll.gif

Mad, plain and simple
pimp.gif

Of 3G coverage"...

Chain, dont be mad,
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ using the word "mad"

I state facts about the phone and I am mad? Yet you continue to state non-sense claims on other phones and you arent mad? I will post some links that can back up my statements...Can you do the same please?

Nexus One known 3g issues..

I know you sometimes have a hard time reading so a Youtube video of button issues...

All I am saying is this...all phones have their pro's and con's but I will not accept the claim "best" for this phone...The best phone out is the one that suits the needs of the user..case closed...

All your claims are on what the Nexus one can do but you never address any of the things the phone can't do which sounds very fan boy-#%@....Wait let me guess, in your mind it can do everything? Ninja please....

Originally Posted by iLLest

I'm looking to get rid of my G1 and Update but there are SOOOO many new HTC Android phones I have NO IDEA what to get. ;/

iLLest!
good luck. there's really no new phones for tmo. and i dont think i've heard of a new one coming.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Does the Android app market have an option where I can buy apps and be charged to a separate credit card or gift card instead of charging everything to my phone bill?

That's the only thing I loved about buyin apps on iTunes for my iPod Touch.

That I can buy the apps through a gift card, a Coinstar machine, or on a seperate credit card.

When things go straight to my phone bill I tend to get trigger happy....

ohwell.gif
I know tmobile gives you the option to put it on your bill or pay for it through google checkout with a credit card. (or gift card if its reloadable with a credit card logo)
I'm gonna be stuck on Sprint tho....I want the EVO4G.
ohwell.gif

when i buy apps it charges my credit card. first time i bought one it asked me to set a card on a google checkout account or something like that. on sprint btw.

I just wish ninjahood's Nexus or Sidekick or laptop or home computer had a "t" and "h" key so we wouldn't be subjected to "da phone" over and over again.

I don't even usually complain about spelling or whatever, but that really, really, really grates on me for some reason. I want to reach through the screen and strangle him every time I see it, which is every damn time he means to say the word "the". It's one freaking letter longer, man, come on.

NYCBaller34 said:

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
...Ninja please

laugh.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

Mad, plain and simple
pimp.gif

Of 3G coverage"...

Chain, dont be mad,
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ using the word "mad"

All I am saying is this...all phones have their pro's and con's but I will not accept the claim "best" for this phone...The best phone out is the one that suits the needs of the user..case closed...

All your claims are on what the Nexus one can do but you never address any of the things the phone can't do which sounds very fan boy-@*%....Wait let me guess, in your mind it can do everything? Ninja please....

Nothing that u "claim" has happened to my phone.

Statwise this is da HNIC phone on t-mobile, that is a FACT.

Did i say it was da best android phone? No that honor goes to

Da EVO4G whenever it releases....this phone is currently da

3RD best android phone behind da HTC incredible (8 MEGAPIXEL Camera....jeez
smh.gif
)

So dont gimme that poltical BS about "a phone is good cuz it

suit da needs of its owner"...sidekicks were taylor made for its

Demographic yet eventually ya scoffed at em anyways.

Nexus it da big fish in t-mobile land till further notice.
pimp.gif

NYCBaller34 said:

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
...Ninja please

laugh.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

Mad, plain and simple
pimp.gif

Of 3G coverage"...

Chain, dont be mad,
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ using the word "mad"

All your claims are on what the Nexus one can do but you never address any of the things the phone can't do which sounds very fan boy-@*%....Wait let me guess, in your mind it can do everything? Ninja please....

Nothing that u "claim" has happened to my phone.

Statwise this is da HNIC phone on t-mobile, that is a FACT.

Did i say it was da best android phone? No that honor goes to

Da EVO4G whenever it releases....this phone is currently da

3RD best android phone behind da HTC incredible (8 MEGAPIXEL Camera....jeez
smh.gif
)

So dont gimme that poltical BS about "a phone is good cuz it

suit da needs of its owner"...sidekicks were taylor made for its

Demographic yet eventually ya scoffed at em anyways.

Nexus it da big fish in t-mobile land till further notice.
pimp.gif

You have a biased opinion and really aren't understanding what I am saying so you win due to a lack of comprehension....

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

I don't even usually complain about spelling or whatever, but that really, really, really grates on me for some reason. I want to reach through the screen and strangle him every time I see it, which is every damn time he means to say the word "the". It's one freaking letter longer, man, come on.

If they dont have da qualcomm gig processor then its a no

1. Evo
2. Incredible
3. Desire
4. Nexus One
5. Legend
6. Droid
.....the last two shouldn't even be consider because they don't have a Snapdragon?
laugh.gif

Not all Snapdragon's run at 1GH, they range from 600-1000MHz. For a while people were saying that the Incredible was going to be underclocked at 776MHz.
Another big factor is whether the phone will be running the latest OS, some phones are coming out with 1.6
sick.gif
and also the UI. i.e. MotoBlur
sick.gif

desire is only better than the nexus one because of sense ui and optical trackpad.

rest they are basically twins right?

droid better than legend because of keyboard.

but i've dropped my droid way too many times this past week and i think it's finally showing it.

sense ui >>>>>>>> *

Back
Top Bottom