Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

what I'm working with right now...keeping it simple

fdzsdx.jpg

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

fdzsdx.jpg
That the pro edition? If so, I hope you didn't pay for it.
ohwell.gif

naw this aint the pro edition. Would never pay $$ to put a theme on my phone, but I respect the creators hustle.

so after 2 years finally decided to jailbreak my 2g phone. been doing research but want to know what you guys think is the best and easiest method?

lmao.. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO STOP PLAYING GAMES AND JAILBREAK THEIR PHONES

there are tutorials and info on the first page for a reason...
nice themes.. i'm looking at the palm pre themes.. one of them is dope.. prefection i think..

[table][tr][td]YourTube - Download YouTube Videos FROM YouTube.app[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Jul 26, 2009 - 11:32 AM - by poetic_folly[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Remember MxTube? MxTube is officially extinct. Another victim of survival the fittest. YourTube will be available via CydiaStore sometime in the Very Near Future, and my goodness is it brilliant. We got ahold of an early tester version, and it's everything a YouTube downloader should be.

For starters, it's A PART OF YouTube.app. Well, technically it's an extension using MobileSubstrate (saurik's magic doorway to the iPhone for devs), built by pumpkin - point being, it integrates seamlessly with YouTube.app. And it works beautifully...

Say, for instance, I just love SNL's Mother Lover bit (I do). And I'd like to have it on my phone, or desktop, regardless of whether I'm connected to the net. What do I do? With YourTube installed, I just open YouTube.app, and find the video like I would normally. Click on the little... [Read More][/td] [/tr][tr][td] 39 Replies | 2,075 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
FlowChat - IRC on the iPhone [ GIVEAWAY INSIDE ]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Jul 25, 2009 - 1:18 PM - by poetic_folly[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

IRC is not dead. While its popularity has waned with the advent of the instant messenger and social site's chat apps like Facebook and MySpace, IRC remains an easy way to join groups of people and chat. And tons of news happens in IRC! There's hundred of thousands of chat rooms ranging from hunting to hacking, and yet a VERY few iPhone apps to get to these rooms. Enter FlowChat.

The guys at... [Read More][/td] [/tr][tr][td] 162 Replies | 2,549 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
iPod Wood... iWood...
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Jul 25, 2009 - 10:55 AM - by poetic_folly[/td] [/tr][tr][td] http://modmyi.com/images/woodenipod.jpg [table][tr][td]
wol_error.gif
[/td] [td]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x428.[/td] [/tr][/table]
woodenipod.jpg

So here's a true example of some modding his iDevice... check it out. Josh Darrah, a guy in Australia, actually gutted an iPod Mini and created a whole new casing from wood. The iWood.

He's got a whole Flickr gallery up showing the process. The guy even made a dock out of wood which the thing sits in.

Nice job, Josh.

forums.mactalk.com.au

Thanks for the tip, paige! [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 22 Replies | 1,415 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Lost iPhone Prototype Ends in Suicide
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Jul 21, 2009 - 2:29 PM - by cash7c3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25 year-old Sun Danyong received 16 prototype iPhones from the assembly line at a Foxconn factory in China where he worked on Thursday, July 9th. An engineering graduate, Sun had landed a job handling product communications for Foxconn shortly after graduating. Within the following days Sun noticed that one of the prototype iPhones was missing. He reported the missing iPhone to his supervisor on Monday, July 13th.

By Wednesday Sun found himself in a lot of trouble. As we already know Apple tries to keep their prototypes and future models away from the public eye as much as possible. This secrecy is a tool Apple uses to build up suspense and surprise to increase the grandeur of product launches leading to more sales, more profit, etc etc. Knowing this Sun's employer, Foxconn (who makes Apples iPhones and iPods) took quick measures to ensure that the missing iPhone was found in order to protect Apple's secrets and their business relationship.

On Wednesday Sun's apartment was searched illegally by 3 Foxconn employees looking for the iPhone. There are also allegations floating around that Sun was detained and then physically abused during the investigation.

Finally around 3 a.m. on Thursday July 16th Sun jumped out the window of his... [Read More][/td] [/tr][tr][td] 155 Replies | 16,629 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Your iPhone can Read Barcodes
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Jul 20, 2009 - 1:34 PM - by poetic_folly[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

RedLaser, a new app available via Cydia, is very cool. It's a barcode reader for the iPhone - and it works even on the 2G and 3G iPhones, without auto-focus. Reading straight from the camera feed (no need to take a photo, just hold it up to the bar code and wait a second), all 3 models of iPhone can run RedLaser. Oh, and its free... which is a nice price.
biggrin.gif

The app lets you do online price comparisons using Google's db, and view items in Amazon.com. There's all sorts of extra options available as well - and way more possible with their SDK. Imagine reading reviews on scanned books, beaming movies to your TiVo, adding milk to your grocery list... possibilities are endles.

RedLaser's magic comes from their scanner algorithm. We chatted with Jeffrey... [Read More][/td] [/tr][tr][td] 87 Replies | 10,797 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Apple accounts for small market share, HUGE Profit shares
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Jul 20, 2009 - 11:20 AM - by sayam[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Image Courtesy TheiPhoneBlog

A report published by The Wall Street Journal claims while Apple and RIM together hold only a tiny 3% share of the mobile phone market, they hold a lion's share (35%) of its profits - iPhone alone taking up just 1% market share, and accounting for ~ 20% of the total profit!

That's a huge setback to mobile phone giants like Nokia, Sony, LG etc. These all hold much big market shares (up to 60x) but account for much less profit.

Quote:
[table][tr][td]At least for iPhone's manufacturer Apple and BlackBerry's Research In Motion. The two accounted for only 3% of all cellphones sold in the world last[/td] [/tr][/table]
... [Read More] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 21 Replies | 1,233 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
[NEW] 3G Unrestrictor for 3G & 3GS - (Replaces TrickerThreeG & VoIPover3G )
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Jul 17, 2009 - 2:35 AM - by iphoneuser2008[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

[App is now available via Cydia for $2.00.]

"3G Unrestrictor" is an iPhone application (for iPhone3G & the NEW 3GS!!!) which allows you to go around the iPhone's limitations while on 3G/EDGE. It allows those things by tricking applications into believing they are on WiFi, even though they are on 3G or EDGE. 3G Unrestrictor is the premium successor of the popular VoIPover3G app for the iPhone.

... [Read More][/td] [/tr][tr][td] 270 Replies | 22,458 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Purplesn0w RC2 Released
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Jul 16, 2009 - 9:13 AM - by Poseidon79[/td] [/tr][tr][td]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...tuff/Christmas/Christmas_purpleSnowflakes.jpg

Via Geohot blog:

* 3G(the network speed) issues fixed
* Now only patches one file, CommCenter
* Leaves no traces on your baseband after it runs. Seriously
* Much more clean and reliable.

Be sure to have legit activated 3GS
Disable 3G if you don't have it(like T-Mobile).
Add apt.geohot.com to Cydia
Install(or Update) com.geohot.purplesn0w
Watch for success output in Cydia(actually do this step)
Wait for signal, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone(no reboot required)

With regards to devs comment that I use tons of ram, that was all RC1. This one uses 0, yes ZERO, bytes of ram after it is installed. But I'm happy you guys came around to my way of unlocking :smile: And not just one of my ideas. You took them both.
... [Read More][/td] [/tr][tr][td] 106 Replies | 14,303 Views[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
icon1.png
Ultrasn0w 0.9 Released
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Jul 16, 2009 - 9:09 AM - by Poseidon79[/td] [/tr][tr][td]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g30/jjanov79/ultra.jpg

Via iPhone Dev Team Blog:

ultrasn0w version 0.9 is out! We believe it solves pretty much all of the various random issues that have been reported. Its features include:

* Works on both 3G and 3GS
* Works on hacktivated devices
* Works regardless of how you jailbroke your device
* Doesn't patch any mach-o binary whatsoever. (Doesn't require a separate patch as each new firmware comes out).
* Doesn't install any additional daemon
* Has no race conditions, no popups about "Missing SIM", no network issues
* Is almost 7000 times smaller than its nearest competition
smile.gif
[Geohot fixed this in purplesn0w RC2]
* Is available now via Cydia. Source repo is ... [Read More][/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]MyWi Released! Turn your iPhone into a Wifi hotspot![/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Jul 07, 2009 - 11:43 PM - by StealthBravo[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Create a WiFi HotSpot with a press of a finger! Wherever you are - you can connect your laptop or other mobile device to your iPhone easily!

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Features:
- Create WiFi Hotspot to connect mutiple laptops or mobile devices to share your iPhone's
[/td] [/tr][/table]
... [Read More] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
icon1.png
WinterBoard Released for iPhone 3GS
[table][tr][td]Jul 07, 2009 - 6:30 AM - by poetic_folly[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

You may have noticed - WinterBoard wasn't working on the iPhone 3GS.

Well guess what? It is now.

Quote:
[table][tr][td]The newly released 0.9.2958 versions of MobileSubstrate and WinterBoard (upgraded to support ARM7/Thumb2) should now work on the iPhone 3GS.[/td] [/tr][/table]
Open up Cydia, and download away... everything is working spot on.

Thanks, Saurik.
biggrin.gif
... [Read More] [/td] [/tr][/table]

[h1]http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009...upport-mms-with-the-iphone-until-late-summer/[/h1]

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

fdzsdx.jpg
How did you get it to say iKeith up at the top?

EDIT: how did you make it so you dont have any icons at the top??

What kind of cases are all of you guys using, been thinkin bout getting a new case and wanted some suggestions...

Any 3gs head want to trade I'm looking for a 32gig white iPhone 3gs and I'll give you my mint condition 32gig 3gs plus all the accessiores I have.

Rukawa sj wrote:
What kind of cases are all of you guys using, been thinkin bout getting a new case and wanted some suggestions...
Incase Slider ftw! Anyone want to link to to the redsn0w that's 3gs compatible for Mac? I can't seemto find it.

Originally Posted by its Labrev

Rukawa sj wrote:
Incase Slider ftw! Anyone want to link to to the redsn0w that's 3gs compatible for Mac? I can't seem to find it.

Link

Back
Top Bottom