OFFICIAL JANUARY 2013 WDYWT.... VOL. TIME TO SEND THOSE CC PAYMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

'07 Penny Foams

Back in '97 I hated these sneakers... I couldn't understand what it is that people saw in them. But when I saw them again in 07 all that changed. Like all things, tastes change and now these are by far one of my favorite kicks ever.

Plus it helps that blue is my favorite color! Lol.

Last edited:
Nice royals. :smokin

I keep a picture of og test pairs on my design wall. I think 97s are different cuz they have those lil slits on the side. Top 5 SHOE ever.

View media item 224213

Last edited:
sckid20 Thanks meng!

And word up! I never seen a test pair. That 'Nike' on the side is dope too!

im gonna beat this horse a little since its apparently still alive...

obviously Proto can and will wear whatever he wants BUT you cant tell me that when he posts pics of "his style" you dont get the impression that he is just trying way to hard and is sporting "styles" that look very similar to those seen on certain celebrities..

compared with others who post fits: Sckid, Youngsk8, Jayjet, Verse to name a few. when these guys post fits, whether you like them or not, i get the sense that no one influenced what they wore aside from themselves. and even though each of their styles is completely different i can still look at each one and think "damn thats clean" and respect that it is 100% THEIR style.

i think that is what everyone who rags on Proto is trying to say. is it always necessary to voice their negative opinions towards his "style"? no. but at the end of the day if your going to post pics of yourself on a public forum you should expect criticism from all sides, the good and in most cases, the bad.

that being said, i feel that Proto does a decent job of handling the hate..

back to the fits.

edit* dope pic Verse ^

i'll be the first to admit i am influenced by different people's styles (we all are tho), both celebrities and non-celebrities... but i also have my own style, and i will never change that for anyone. i don't try hard at all, and i certainly don't dress to impress people on niketalk, i dress for myself. i do post it here tho, and am fully aware that puts it up for critique... thanx for recognizing i handle it well tho (i just know most of the people on here come here for the LULZ, and are looking to hate on others, but it's nothing, i get it locally too, i'm surrounded by the worst dressed rednecks here in bumf$%k NC, but i just don't care... i have beautiful ladies tell me regularly they love my style, so why the hell would i care what anyone else thinks?)... >D

none of the people you listed are totally uninfluenced or totally original, it's OD to suggest they dress "100%" in their own style... some of those guys you mentioned don't even post full fits...

been watching the same stuff happen around here for years now... a trend pops off, like denim jackets, skinny jeans, waxed denim, whatever... people see it in the celebrity thread, people hate on it... a couple people rock with it in this thread, people hate on it... but b4 long, those same people are in here wearing it too... people buck at change, buck at something different at first, but then get in line like sheep... i'm not looking to criticize every new trend that comes along, nor am i on some mission to be truly original, i rock with a trend if i like it, whether y'all hate on it around here or not (and that's the REAL reason i get hated on so much, i could tone it down all the way and dress a certain way to impress you guys every time, but i obviously don't care)...

i'm not trying to be some trendsetter, or claiming to be original, and i have definitely posted plenty of plain jane normal outfits (not completely original, but not really poppin' with celebrities either)... but i don't have my head stuck up my own butt enough to not implement things into my style that i see, if i like it... if i don't like it, i don't mess with it, and there's TONS of trends i won't mess with... i have plenty of shoes and clothes that i haven't seen anyone else wear really, or aren't very popular at least (certainly not seen on any rappers or celebrities)...

i don't see much that is truly original on here. and i don't see that being a big deal, it's ok to be influenced (it's cats like brandon sales who take it too far tho, the only thing that dude buys is stuff he's seen kanye wear, he doesn't have a single pair of shoes i've seen that kanye hasn't worn in the last 4 years, he buys the exact shoes, clothes, gloves, hats, etc, that kanye has been wearing, then has the nerve to try to call himself a "stylist", LOL)... i'm pretty sure a lot of us older cats were all wearing polo and hilfiger back in the 90's, mostly cuz our fav rappers were (the purple tape era influenced a lot of us)... rhay is the same way i am, he implements some styles he sees on others (celebrities and non-celebrities), and he has his own style too...

but let's be honest, if someone came in here doing something TRULY original, you cats would flame until the cows came home...

anyways, this topic is beyond tired and corny. i'm done.

here's a recent fit.

8392847565_442747f08b_b.jpg

8392847741_3c133aa0ac_c.jpg

Last edited:
All that bickering about what proto wears makes u sound like a groupie...I dont get it...Why would you write an essay about somebodies style and what they wear...pretty pathetic...if u dnt like it keep it moving

Damn. The dude is posting what he wore today in WHAT DID YOU WEAR TODAY. B/c this is NT doesn't mean we cant share fits. Keep doing ya thing proto, sc and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom