+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Wow Blue Magic and Roc Boys? That's wild. Roc Boys is a top 5 Hov single to me. That album only has one song I don't enjoy on it and it's Sweet. That's where I stops. AG is an undeniable classic in my opinion

Only came in to see how this thread is still alive right now with this average album......

Jay Z does not have 4 classics and American Gangster is not a classic. I think it's a great album, 4 or 4.5/5 but not a classic. Roc Boys, Sweet and I Know had awful production. Didn't like Success or American Gangster. EASILY his best album since The Blueprint and it's his only album since that's worth listening to.

I had a chick back in 08 refuse to let me smash at the end of the night because on our date I told her I felt a lot of American Gangster was repetitive and Jay could have done better.  "Call me when you've listened to AG again." *hails cab*
laugh.gif
LOL.  Good for her.  See champ, it pays to listen to Jay Z.  In your case, you dropped the ball in this particular situation my friend. 

He doesn't have 4 because he has at least 5.

Reasonable Doubt, Volume 2, The Blueprint, The Black Album, and American Gangster are all undeniable classics in my book. I would throw Volume 3 in there too but many would object.

For as much hate as MCHG is getting it could find its way into my classic album category. This Thursday marks marks a month since it dropped and not a day has gone by when I haven't listened to it at least once all the way. We'll see how it feels like alike a year from now but I think it's that good.

Roc boys is definitely not better than these singles. That's 9 tracks off the top of the dome singles I would pick before Roc boys. I really hate the production.

Money cash ****
hard knock life
Dirt off your shoulders
Big pimpin
99 problems
give it to me
change the game
can I get a
j**** what, j**** who?

I also enjoyed sweet and I know.

I know is personally in my top 15 tracks from Jay

Last edited:
I caved and looked at the setlist for the show.

Halfway considering selling my tickets :smh: Don't want to ruin it for anyone, but the lack of MCHG tracks being performed is VERY disappointing.

I don't need to see Jay do Izzo, I Just Wanna Love You, etc again. Those songs are all over 10 years old. Stop doing them already, PLEASE. The people going for JT won't know those anyway.

Son has the worst setlist of all time. I've seen Jay 3 times and the second and third time were painful. I know people are going to bash me but I don't care. I could have slept through his BP3 and WTT tour.

But there's 30k people in the audience many of whom have never been to a concert before or may not be huge Jay fans. He's got to do the songs that they know and those would be he hits and the does sprinkle in a few lesser known tracks but the majority of the people there aren't going to appreciate D'evils. I would like to see him do some more intimate shows later on, I feel that would allow him to expand the catalog. I've been 5 times I believe and always had a great time, especially with the last two shows, the WTT tour and the Barclays those were 10/10 shows.

rose bowl was pretty damn good. third time ive went and seen hov and it was just as enjoyable even though it is pretty damn predictable on the tracks. i wished he did a few more mghc tracks.. i was definitely expecting picasso baby and kind of hoped for f*ckwithmeuknowigotit... but it was coo.

timberlake was pretty damn good too. but it did seem like jay got the crowd more hyped than ole justin

LOL.  Good for her.  See champ, it pays to listen to Jay Z.  In your case, you dropped the ball in this particular situation my friend. 
Deuce how you feel about Jay's comments on the Belafonte situation? 
I liked Jay's response and comments regarding the Belafonte situation for a number of reasons.  Belafonte could have easily reached out to Jay or someone from Jay's camp to discuss the matter or chop it up with Jay at lunch or something like that but he didn't.  Instead Belafonte went public with his comments in an attempt to (in my eyes) put Jay Z down.  Not only did Belafonte do that, but just as Jay stated in his response Belafonte upped Bruce Springsteen in the process, which just looks bad for a number of reasons just looking at the comment as is. 

You go out of your way to put down a black man but then you praise a white guy in the process.  Definitely not a good look for Belafonte and it just adds fuel to media perception of hip hop and hip hop artists that they don't do anything good or that there is nothing positive in hip hop.  Whether Belafonte know or understood what he was doing or not, to me he was completely in the wrong and it was nothing more than the house ***** mentality on display for all to see.  I for one am not in favor of black people putting down other black people out in public or while on a national format, unless it is truly needed or called for.  This particular situation by Belafonte was not called for IMO  Nobody knows what Jay or anybody else does charity wise unless you ask that particular person.  As individuals in this society, I'm sure there's more that we ALL could be doing, but as long as folks are doing something who is Belafonte to critique what another person does or doesn't do with their time or money.  

Last edited:
I needa go to a jay concert.
But I know he isn't gana perform what I wanna hear.

Can I live
PSA
Money cash ****
Dead presidents

Jay is in a catch 22 as far as concerts go.

He has gotten so big and the music has been somewhat commercialized to the point where he can't perform a song like Dead presidents or D'evils. I bet some idiots in the crowds would think he is performing new or unreleased songs if he performed tracks from RD.

He needs to tour in smaller venues for the hip-hop heads( how would you check their credentials at the door tho :lol:) and perform all the classics, not just the singles. I am just glad I got to see him during the hard knock life tour. :pimp:

Jay is in a catch 22 as far as concerts go.

He has gotten so big and the music has been somewhat commercialized to the point where he can't perform a song like Dead presidents or D'evils. I bet some idiots in the crowds would think he is performing new or unreleased songs if he performed tracks from RD.

He needs to tour in smaller venues for the hip-hop heads( how would you check their credentials at the door tho :lol:) and perform all the classics, not just the singles. I am just glad I got to see him during the hard knock life tour. :pimp:

Was that the tour with DMX and red n meth?

Wish I coud've been there..

:smh:

I liked Jay's response and comments regarding the Belafonte situation for a number of reasons.  Belafonte could have easily reached out to Jay or someone from Jay's camp to discuss the matter or chop it up with Jay at lunch or something like that but he didn't.  Instead Belafonte went public with his comments in an attempt to (in my eyes) put Jay Z down.  Not only did Belafonte do that, but just as Jay stated in his response Belafonte upped Bruce Springsteen in the process, which just looks bad for a number of reasons just looking at the comment as is. 

You go out of your way to put down a black man but then you praise a white guy in the process.  Definitely not a good look for Belafonte and it just adds fuel to media perception of hip hop and hip hop artists that they don't do anything good or that there is nothing positive in hip hop.  Whether Belafonte know or understood what he was doing or not, to me he was completely in the wrong and it was nothing more than the house ***** mentality on display for all to see.  I for one am not in favor of black people putting down other black people out in public or while on a national format, unless it is truly needed or called for.  This particular situation by Belafonte was not called for IMO  Nobody knows what Jay or anybody else does charity wise unless you ask that particular person.  As individuals in this society, I'm sure there's more that we ALL could be doing, but as long as folks are doing something who is Belafonte to critique what another person does or doesn't do with their time or money.  
I agree. Belafonte went about it wrong, and then he tried to switch it up like the media is not the place they should be having the discussion...like come on. 

grin.gif

You just called the man out through the media. 

I agree. Belafonte went about it wrong, and then he tried to switch it up like the media is not the place they should be having the discussion...like come on. 

grin.gif

You just called the man out through the media. 
Yeah it was too late for Belafonte by then.  You would think he would have known better. 

Wow @ not liking Sweet, I Know, or Party Life. You have no soul my dude. :lol: :smh:

I've said it before American Gangster is Jay's 3rd best album to me. The production, the lyrics and the story, I loved it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom